Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Was still hoping The Streets would get added.

Not happening though, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

LilNiall wrote: »
    Was still hoping The Streets would get added.

Not happening though, is it?
    Sadly not. Would have been one of the last chances to see them as well.

Their set a Glasto looked brilliant. A bit shaky at the start, but then it got really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Pic of the new stage in body & soul area.
    From the EP facebook http://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic?sk=wall

205916_10150265870933277_759008276_7824894_8038403_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

AdMMM wrote: »
    You can come and go as you please. It's about 10 minutes to the first of the campsites. I nearly broke my back carrying and dragging everything last year so this year I'll be leaving stuff in the car and coming back.

You really won't.
    You'll either not bother or do it all at once :)

• Advertisement

I'll just send others out while I'm putting up the tents :). If I'm not mistaken, the Body and Soul line up will be the last big announcement?

There's a few names that I hoped would have made an appearance but overall I'm very pleased with the lineup and I know that it's going to be an amazing weekend.

Has anyone else got their ticket yet from the installment plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

AdMMM wrote: »
    Has anyone else got their ticket yet from the installment plan?

I got my tickets a few week back. I got the early bird's installment plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Body&Soul line-up:

John Talabot
    Austra
    Tieranniesaur
    Ghostpoet
    Black Devil Disco Club
    Brandt Brauer Frick
    Moths
    Redinho
    James Vincent McMorrow
    Elaine Mai
    Solar Bears
    Paddy Keenan (ex Bothy Band)
    Halves
    Gorgeous Colours
    Donal Dineen’s Parish
    Grew
    Barley Mob
    Dying Seconds
    James Walsh
    Katie Kim
    CW Stoneking
    Jon Hicks
    Goodtime
    Henrietta Game
    Disconauts
    Patrick Kelleher & His Cold Dead Hands
    Bearbones
    Boy Lights Fire
    Catscars
    Cocophone
    Deviant
    Torann Drummers
    Rocket Number Nine
    Angkorwat
    Earthship
    Eleventyfour
    Freezer Room
    Paul Melia
    Raw Chocolate
    Rollers/Sparkers
    The Great Lakes Mystery
    The Low Sea
    Magic Pockets
    Favourite Sons
    Moon
    Tin Charm
    Toy Soldier
    TR 1
    Visionair
    You Can Call Me Frances
    Daithi
    Chequerboard
    Thee Amazing Few
    Andy Barlow (Lamb)
    Alle Farben
    Si Schroeder
    The Calvanists
    Toby Kaar
    Nightflight DJs
    Kate Tempest
    Spilly Walker

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

So.. I'm in a competition to win tickets for Electric Picnic, you may have seen this one, its on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/banquetdublin . What you gotta do is leave a comment, n then the one with most likes wins the tickets. I understand most people won't be arsed, but if you already have tickets, any ideas on how to get more people to like your comment without blatantly spamming people??!! There's a girl in the lead with 300+ comments, I don't even have 300 friends to begin with!! By the way, if you are feeling generous with your time, my comment is here: https://www.facebook.com/banquetdublin/posts/256442537708592

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

There has to be a few more announced as in arcadia,salty dog stage,trenchtown and neutronx stages surely???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wow, I completely forgot about trenchtown. That's just kicked my excitement up to a whole new level :)

August hurry up and feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Has anyone here ever gone to EP (or any other music festival) by themselves before? I've unfortunately been unable to convince anyone to go with me; either they can't afford it or just aren't interested. :( Just wondering if anyone who went on their own before found it ok or was it a bit lonely/depressing? And would you do it again?

We're heading down in a fairly biggish group this year - you're more than welcome to join us :) We're not too rapey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Doinker wrote: »
    Does it work?

I'v seen people attempt this before usually with little success. The small wheels work great on the road but fail miserably when its comes to the lumpy fields, dirts roads, gravel paths and forest tracks. Wheels are just too small. People end up dragging the thing.

The wheelbarrows with the big rubber wheels that you can rent just by the gate are they way to go. Or else a light load.

The wheelbarrows are ok but often you'll find your stuff falling off over and over again. With the bins i only had some slight trouble comin back with it as it can get caught in some lumps along the way back. Thinking this year of giving it bigger tyres. must see if it can be done! if not i'll give it a go anyway (if i can bring it on the train!)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

danniemcq wrote: »
    The wheelbarrows are ok but often you'll find your stuff falling off over and over again. With the bins i only had some slight trouble comin back with it as it can get caught in some lumps along the way back. Thinking this year of giving it bigger tyres. must see if it can be done! if not i'll give it a go anyway (if i can bring it on the train!)

The train! Good luck with that!

Get some alloys, fluffy dice and a 'Go Faster' strip for it also - pimp the fook out of that wheelie bin!

For those looking for campervan tickets

www.toutless.com

face value site and seen few tickets on there recently i think.

on side note anyone know what dimensions a 24 pack of beer is? if wheelie bin doesn't work i'm going with a trolly but want to make sure that its wide enough to support a slab without falling off the side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 AlanMc123

Anybody seen any good drink deals around? Tesco are doin Miller for €1 a can but I'm not mad about it

AlanMc123 wrote: »
    Anybody seen any good drink deals around? Tesco are doin Miller for €1 a can but I'm not mad about it

you anywhere near the border and an asda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 AlanMc123

Unfortunately not, no

huh for a change living in Donegal comes in useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'll be getting a slab of Bavaria. Nicer than the average beer when drunk warm.
    To keep things classy I'll pickup a box of wine too (drunk from my hipflask :cool: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

tesco doing 1L of Smirnoff, Capt.Morgan, and probably a few others for €20 for the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

First time EP'er here! :)

Is the walk from the entrance to where you camp horrendous? I still have nightmares about carrying my bag, tent, sleeping bag and crate of beer at Oxegen :eek:

Any tips on what to bring in general? Suppose the same sorta sh1te I brought to Oxegen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

First time EP'er here! :)

Is the walk from the entrance to where you camp horrendous? I still have nightmares about carrying my bag, tent, sleeping bag and crate of beer at Oxegen :eek:

Any tips on what to bring in general? Suppose the same sorta sh1te I brought to Oxegen!

Ya pretty much the same stuff but you can leave your knife at home :pac:

Depending on where you park (you won't have a choice in this) and where you decide to camp the walk will be at least 20 minutes.
    You can rent trolleys/wheelbarrows to carry your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If you think Oxegen / EP is a tough walk you guys should try Glastonbury some time. That will put hair on your chests.

Ticket arrived today. Took my mind off tomorrows exam for a few minutes!

Just some advice for people who are planning on carrying tonnes of stuff on buses or trains, there's a Supervalu that's located about 5 minutes away from the entrance to EP which is well stocked up with all things camping (tents, chairs, torches etc) and also has competitive prices for alcohol (i.e. same as every other SuperValu around the country).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I was talking to the owner of stradbally supervalu and they're offering a delivery service to the campsite entrance this year. Dunno how you order stuff though. I'd say just call Super Valu stradbally or there's possibly info on their web page / facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Pretty much. Not to be a completely shameless wang, but I put together all the festival advice I could muster in this article once upon a time, and hopefully somebody might find it useful.

So yeah, same idea as Oxegen, but generally more comfortable. One thing I would say is that EP generally has much better and weirder selection of food than Oxegen, so when you're doing your accounting, it might be worth factoring that in.

At Oxegen, I'm happy enough to grab some chips or something to keep me going, but at EP it's worth splashing out for a boar burger or the pies, oh God the pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

First time going to EP. Whats the story with bringing your own alcohol into the arena from the campsite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

We're heading down in a fairly biggish group this year - you're more than welcome to join us :) We're not too rapey.

Haha cheers! Might get back to you on that, though I'm still trying to convince people to come along. And "not too rapey" is always a desirable characteristic. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

eoin99 wrote: »
    First time going to EP. Whats the story with bringing your own alcohol into the arena from the campsite?

Smuggled booze only allowed into the arena :cool:

Advertisement