Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

tonc76 wrote: »
    Smuggled booze only allowed into the arena :cool:

Ugh! Can't afford the prices inside there!

Are they generally strict with the search?? Chances of getting in with this...http://goo.gl/4O77Q??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

eoin99 wrote: »
    Ugh! Can't afford the prices inside there!

Are they generally strict with the search?? Chances of getting in with this...http://goo.gl/4O77Q??

They can be strict but its generally a game of hit and miss depending on which entrance you go through. If they do search they'll go through bags as well as pat you down but again it'll be hit and miss depending on the crowd that are waiting to enter at that entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

At Oxegen, I'm happy enough to grab some chips or something to keep me going, but at EP it's worth splashing out for a boar burger or the pies, oh God the pies.

MMmmmmm pieminister:D, where can I find this boar burger you talk of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

dylbert wrote: »
    MMmmmmm pieminister:D, where can I find this boar burger you talk of?

I don't no about the boar burger's but i had an ostrich burger down there last year and my god it was fantastic the van was in the campsite iirc...you gotta have one..mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

They had boar, ostrich or venison burgers from one of the stalls a few years ago, anyway - they sometimes ran out of one or the other, but oh my holy God, it ruined all other burgers for me. [/Homer Simpson Glaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaagh...]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

No sign of the silent disco on the EP website.
    I take it, that it won't be there this year so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

eoin99 wrote: »
    First time going to EP. Whats the story with bringing your own alcohol into the arena from the campsite?

If its anything like last year the searches for alcohol are akin to going into Gueotanamo Bay. We stayed in Tangarine Fields and on the way into the main area we were searched and then about 40 feel later we were searched again.

The over zealous security where more interested in getting a few cans of alcohol of people then in stopping people from jumping the fence to get into EP for free.

Its a pain having to buy your alcohol within the arena as the beer choices are crap but IF you can smuggle any beer in you are sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

but at EP it's worth splashing out for a boar burger or the pies, oh God the pies.

mmmmmmmmmmm pies drooling_homer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ticket finally arrived the the post

borat-thumbsup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

maximoose wrote: »
    Ticket finally arrived the the post

borat-thumbsup.jpg

yakshemash.

This time two weeks we'll be heading down to the madness.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

NOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

No way? Disaster :mad: It was always a good place to go late in the night when most of the music has finished

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's several things not mentioned on the EP site that are usually there, I wouldn't worry too much until the maps are posted and there's no mention of it on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

there's several things not mentioned on the EP site that are usually there, I wouldn't worry too much until the maps are posted and there's no mention of it on them...

Thats encouraging.
    Screaming the final countdown at the top of your voice, and the person beside you moshing to smells like teen spirit or some such is good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thats encouraging.
    Screaming the final countdown at the top of your voice, and the person beside you moshing to smells like teen spirit or some such is good craic.

Not as much crack as toasting marshmallows at Arcadia!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Not as much crack as toasting marshmallows at Arcadia!!

Arcadia rock's....i wish they'd bring the whole set up with them..Not gonna happen at the picnic tho just not a big enough festival im afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Can someone with a Facebook account, click like on this page and post here if there is anything interesting?
    http://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic?sk=app_208195102528120

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Day by day breakdown is up. I don't know if that is new news

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dolphie

gazzer wrote: »
    If its anything like last year the searches for alcohol are akin to going into Gueotanamo Bay. We stayed in Tangarine Fields and on the way into the main area we were searched and then about 40 feel later we were searched again.

The over zealous security where more interested in getting a few cans of alcohol of people then in stopping people from jumping the fence to get into EP for free.

Its a pain having to buy your alcohol within the arena as the beer choices are crap but IF you can smuggle any beer in you are sorted

I thought that once the main stage was over (approx. 23:00) you could go out to campsite and bring your own booze in for Body and Soul arena which goes on until 4am. Well, this is what I was told by someone who went last year.

Can't wait myself for this year. Probably in the minority here but really looking forward to seeing/hearing/dancing to Jaques le Cont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

They had boar, ostrich or venison burgers from one of the stalls a few years ago, anyway - they sometimes ran out of one or the other, but oh my holy God, it ruined all other burgers for me. [/Homer Simpson Glaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaagh...]

The ostrich burgers cost €7 or something though. Pretty expensive. Also I'd feel bad about eating ostriches, 'cause they're pretty much the coolest birds ever:

Still, curiosity might get the better of me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The Ostrich is the least tasty of the three options,too.

Go free, Warrior Ostriches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yeah there was some sign up about ostrich burgers being the healthiest meat or something. For me, healthy is pretty much the opposite of tasty. Antoher reason I didn't splurge for one.

I didn't notice the boar burgers last year but I shall keep an eye out now that they have been recommended....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Boar burgers are the business. I also splurge a fortune over the space of the weekend on the little chicken wings hut, cant remember the name of it...but you get a good healthy portion of chicken wings in a little box smothered in the most amazing buffalo sauce. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hi I thought I would just post this here, wont do any harm anyways, I need a lift on Thursday morning 1st September to the festival site, this is mainly appealing to other volunteers who might be heading from Galway. need to be there at 12pm if poss, will chip in with fuel costs etc.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Killing Joke have pulled out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The Vaccines pulled out of Belsonic and some other gigs. No word if they're definitely playing EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

"Right now we are hoping that these will be the only cancellations, so please bare with us." - TheVaccines.co.uk.

Certainly allows for further cancellations but hopefully it won't come to that. As things stand, The Vaccines are playing EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can someone answer me this, family tickets. If I have no child with me can I still go? it says child must be present, I don't want access to the family camping just general admission.

I dont think there should be any worries, sure doesnt the general admission ticket say family camping on them anyway. You can still swap your ticket too, in the Questions and Answers section of the EP forum I saw a few folk had posts in there looking for family camping tickets.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Clarri

Hi,
    Last year campervans were let in on Thursday evening. I cant see that anywhere this year. Does anyone know whether we will be able to or not.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Clarri wrote: »
    Hi,
    Last year campervans were let in on Thursday evening. I cant see that anywhere this year. Does anyone know whether we will be able to or not.

Thanks.

Yes, it's on this page under access.
    http://electricpicnic.ie/faq

Advertisement