Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Clarri

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Hi I thought I would just post this here, wont do any harm anyways, I need a lift on Thursday morning 1st September to the festival site, this is mainly appealing to other volunteers who might be heading from Galway. need to be there at 12pm if poss, will chip in with fuel costs etc.

I'm also looking for a lift from Galway on the Thursday. I've figured out how to get there by bus but it's going to take ages and cost €40 + taxi fare to Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Little Green Cars just said on facebook that they're playing this year. :)
    wonder if there's going to be another announcement so? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

There's a few names on this poster as well that haven't been announced.
    On the Salty Dog stage.
    http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/ep_lineup_19_august.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Trenchtown
    This year Electric Picnic’s very own Jamaican Village, Trenchtown, brings over 50 hours of pure Jamaican Culture to Stradbally’s Woods. 16 Reggae bands including The Barley Mob, Avartar, The Little Beauties, Skazz and The Dirty Dubsters. 20 DJs & MCs representing 6 of the best reggae sound systems, DJ Floydicide from Jamaica’s South West Krew, London’s Reggae Roast legends Ramon Judah and Dub Hunter, Worries Outernational and One World Sound, bring the Islands roots and music alive each night.

During the day relax to Mr Whippy’s Tropical Party, sip non-alcoholic cocktails in The Electric Sun Lounge or take time out to view Jamaica’s legends of the screen and stage- Jimmy Cliff and Toots and The Maytals in the Jamaican Cinema and Acoustic Tent before catching them live on the Picnic’s main stage.

Try your hands at bongo’s lessons or if you are feeling peckish, our chef lived on Island for over twenty years. Try the Jamaican Jerk Chicken at Trenchtown’s Caribbean Cuisine Corner.

If you can’t make it to Jamaica

No Problem!

Electric Picnic’s Trenchtown brings Jamaica to you.

Does that mean jimmy cliff and the toots doing acoustic sets before they play on the main stage??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Her voice is absolutely massive! Will definitely check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Trenchtown
    This year Electric Picnic’s very own Jamaican Village, Trenchtown, brings over 50 hours of pure Jamaican Culture to Stradbally’s Woods. 16 Reggae bands including The Barley Mob, Avartar, The Little Beauties, Skazz and The Dirty Dubsters. 20 DJs & MCs representing 6 of the best reggae sound systems, DJ Floydicide from Jamaica’s South West Krew, London’s Reggae Roast legends Ramon Judah and Dub Hunter, Worries Outernational and One World Sound, bring the Islands roots and music alive each night.

During the day relax to Mr Whippy’s Tropical Party, sip non-alcoholic cocktails in The Electric Sun Lounge or take time out to view Jamaica’s legends of the screen and stage- Jimmy Cliff and Toots and The Maytals in the Jamaican Cinema and Acoustic Tent before catching them live on the Picnic’s main stage.

Try your hands at bongo’s lessons or if you are feeling peckish, our chef lived on Island for over twenty years. Try the Jamaican Jerk Chicken at Trenchtown’s Caribbean Cuisine Corner.

If you can’t make it to Jamaica

No Problem!

Electric Picnic’s Trenchtown brings Jamaica to you.

Does that mean jimmy cliff and the toots doing acoustic sets before they play on the main stage??

Dont forget the Blue Mountain coffee, that sounds extremely good two shows from Toots & Jimmy,thats upped the ante for me more so going woo hoo. Will make up for that short set by the Congoes on the main stage in 2008 that lasted 25 minutes

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Any advice/recommendations for a first time goer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

will the release the times the acts are gonna be on beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

will the release they times the acts are gonna be on beforehand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Any advice/recommendations for a first time goer?

book an extra day of work if you work, you'll need it. People are a lot friendlier than other festivals but still always keep an eye out, you been at any other festivals or is this your first one ever?
    Roar wrote: »
    will the release the times the acts are gonna be on beforehand?

yeah usually this week or early next week

danniemcq wrote: »
    book an extra day of work if you work, you'll need it. People are a lot friendlier than other festivals but still always keep an eye out, you been at any other festivals or is this your first one ever?

I don't work I'm a student. Nope, my first ever one:)

Baby Wipes,
    Tent,
    Sleeping Bag,
    Mat,
    Sudocreame,
    Antiseptic,
    Condoms,
    Skins,
    Hand Wash,
    Toilet Roll,
    Wellys,
    Comfy Shoes,
    Extra Socks,
    Spare Batteries,
    €100 quid more than you think just in case,
    60 quid ready for wheelbarrow (you get 50 back)

Thats all i can think of at the minute

oh and if you are a girl, pads... you'd never know and its not a place you wanna be stuck without!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Line up andf stage times for the Salty Dog Stage in the woods is out here

Edward Sharpe play on the Friday at 23.45 which I reckon is a brilliant stage for them to be on! I'm guessing they will be doing a bigger stage elsewhere on the Friday evening and this is an extra gig.

catch--22 wrote: »
    Line up andf stage times for the Salty Dog Stage in the woods is out here

Edward Sharpe play on the Friday at 23.45 which I reckon is a brilliant stage for them to be on! I'm guessing they will be doing a bigger stage elsewhere on the Friday evening and this is an extra gig.

Rubberbandits: Dirty rave 2-15am to 4am on the saturday night could be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

no psy-trance crap at the rave in the woods on Friday at least! :D

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145967445491218
    SURGE are very very pleased to announce that they have been handed the reins of the infamous neutronyx stage at Electric Picnic for the opening night. For all of you who wander down to the woods there will be some funky beats and techno treats bringing you into the the very early hours. We have a very exciting line up as some of Surge's favorite homegrown acts are back on Irish soil for this event. Set times will be added closer to the time!

SURGE PRESENTS

DAVE E.P (AUSTRALIA)
    MARTIN'S MYTH (SURGE)
    HOWIE MILLER (SURGE)
    ROBBIE RYAN (BIGDISHGO)
    AUTOMATIC TASTY (LUNAR DISKO)
    LUNAR DISKO DJ'S (LUNAR DISKO)
    STRING N POKER BACK (THE HILLS)
    BREN BLACK (ROLLOVER)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

So The Vaccines have pulled out, not sure if I care or not, probably would have went to them if there was nothing else that appealed to me, ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pyrogenxx

Hi all,
    we've been trying to buy 2 campervan tickets at a ticketmaster outlet and they've told us they're only available online. When trying to get them from the ticket master website, a message popped up saying: not available online. We called ticket master and they said the campervan tickets are currently not available.

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Always carry around a lighter, even if ya don't smoke as it's a great way to get talkin to other people!

• Advertisement

no psy-trance crap at the rave in the woods on Friday at least! :D

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145967445491218

No psy-trance:D thank god for that my ear's will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

pyrogenxx wrote: »
    Hi all,
    we've been trying to buy 2 campervan tickets at a ticketmaster outlet and they've told us they're only available online. When trying to get them from the ticket master website, a message popped up saying: not available online. We called ticket master and they said the campervan tickets are currently not available.

Anyone got any ideas?

Looks like their sold out.
    There's sh1t loads of them for sale on toutless and adverts at below face value though, so it'll work out nicely for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Oh ****..it is just hit me that I will not be going to the picnic(financial reasons)...i feel it in my bones that the weather will be amazing and that the line up is going to put in the performance of their lives

danniemcq wrote: »
    oh and if you are a girl, pads... you'd never know and its not a place you wanna be stuck without!

I'm not, but thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

"

As things stand, The Vaccines are playing EP.

Seems The Vaccines have also cancelled:

see here

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pyrogenxx

Looks like their sold out.
    There's sh1t loads of them for sale on toutless and adverts at below face value though, so it'll work out nicely for you.

cheers got one

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Should one arrive fairly early on Friday; Where's the best place to aim to camp? We always seem to mess this part of it up and end up in a traffic/rowdy area or amongst scum.

Soundness.

babymanval wrote: »
    Should one arrive fairly early on Friday; Where's the best place to aim to camp? We always seem to mess this part of it up and end up in a traffic/rowdy area or amongst scum.

Soundness.

i'd say aim to camp as close to the toilets, the nearer the better... and also near a walkway...

in all seriousness though do the opposite, hard to say which one will be best yet as the maps aren't out yet

pyrogenxx wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone got any ideas?

i fear they might be sold out try www.toutless.com though you might be lucky!

• Advertisement

Today FM reviewing some of the pies on offer at picnic now!

edit Pieminister won! cost most but tasted best too!

Advertisement