Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

threein99 wrote: »
    The Off License is online now, 50 quid for 24 Heineken :rolleyes:

Tbf I work in an Offo and that's just around 5 quid over the standard price of what your buying, it's around 1.89 x 24, it's not on special or in bulk 8 or 12 packs it's also chilled and a stones throw away, now seen as my beer is free I won't be using it, but it's a valid price for what is provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Have a list here of some possible setlists for electric picnic.

Good way to quickly check out and listen to any bands playing at the picnic that you might not have heard of.

http://www.mobfandango.com/possible-setlists-for-electric-picnic-2011.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

recyclops wrote: »
    Tbf I work in an Offo and that's just around 5 quid over the standard price of what your buying, it's around 1.89 x 24, it's not on special or in bulk 8 or 12 packs it's also chilled and a stones throw away, now seen as my beer is free I won't be using it, but it's a valid price for what is provided.

Actually you're right I just checked it up, I take back my :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Last year it was €60 per slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

last year i had 100 cans, jager, vodka, loads of them alcopops and heaps of other stuff, €110, gotta love asda! (btw it wasn't all for me some was for gf and other mates but you know what i mean!)

honestly if you have car and can make it into the north go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tdc1810

Have a Campervan ticket for sale at cost price + posting (if required). Am in Galway area. Am willing to do paypal and registered post.
    I bought the ticket in the hope that I would hire a campervan, but the prices are to high, so going camping instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

threein99 wrote: »
    Actually you're right I just checked it up, I take back my :rolleyes:

Don't just yet! 24 can's in my local offie is 38 yoyo. (The re-oppened one in the Claddagh, Galway.)
    I'm still going to buy my slab from the one in EP cause I'm a lazy mofo.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

What's the showering facilities like in the campsite does anybody know?

Asked a mate of mine who had been before and he said that he thinks there is "communal ones and individual cubicle ones that you have to pay a small fee". Not sure how much truth there is in this seen as he admitted to never using them before (filthy swine)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Does anyone have any recommendations for a first time festival goer?

Is there any in particular we should try to set up camp (we'll be there bright and early so should have our pick of the lot)? Any essentials we should bring? Things to watch out for?

Sorry if any of these have been covered already, and thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Fago123 wrote: »
    What's the showering facilities like in the campsite does anybody know?

Asked a mate of mine who had been before and he said that he thinks there is "communal ones and individual cubicle ones that you have to pay a small fee". Not sure how much truth there is in this seen as he admitted to never using them before (filthy swine)

Communal showers. Usually about €3 a pop.
    loocas wrote: »

Is there any in particular we should try to set up camp (we'll be there bright and early so should have our pick of the lot)? Any essentials we should bring? Things to watch out for?

Bring about 800 cigarettes, they become currency on Sunday night :D
    Baby Wipes
    Lots of spare socks.
    Warm clothes, as it gets fcuking cold at night!
    Don't take the brown acid...

There's a thread over on the forum on the EP website that outlines what to expect from each campsite. As a rule of thumb the campsites closest to the arena will usually be more party central than those further away so choose based on how much sleep you're planning on doing. Don't camp near any sort of communal area, on the edge of a path or near the toilets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Keep in mind communal as in gym not as in hippie. They're sex separated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fmob1037

Hey guys, anyone working as a volunteer during the weekend or has anyone done it before? I'm a little freaked as I dont know anyone else working and I'm not sure what to expect from it all. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

EP song of the day, Paul Kalkbrenner:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99ey0hrOrQ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thunderdog wrote: »
    Have a list here of some possible setlists for electric picnic.

Good way to quickly check out and listen to any bands playing at the picnic that you might not have heard of.

http://www.mobfandango.com/possible-setlists-for-electric-picnic-2011.html

nice one! there's a few acts there that i've downloaded/was going to download albums from to check out, so having a few linked here with songs they've played live recently is very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

loocas wrote: »

Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.....

You forgot baby wipes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 purejuice

Hi Im looking @ getting a ticket for the sunday, my partner has a weekend ticket as he's helping out, what time would I have to leave the campsite or could I stay and share his tent

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

Horatio Alger is that you my fine friend?

purejuice wrote: »
    Hi Im looking @ getting a ticket for the sunday, my partner has a weekend ticket as he's helping out, what time would I have to leave the campsite or could I stay and share his tent

No camping allowed for Day trippers. I would assume you can stay until the acts finish on Sunday night. That might be around 2 or 3 in the morning.

Not sure when Dublin Bus will leave on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

purejuice wrote: »

You'll be able to stay with him no problem - the campsite is outside the main arena so there'd be no way they could stop you.

• Advertisement

boosh_fan wrote: »
    You'll be able to stay with him no problem - the campsite is outside the main arena so there'd be no way they could stop you.

From the EP FAQ's
    Q: Can I get a one day ticket?
    A: There are day tickets available for Sunday only for EU99.50. Camping is not permitted with day ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Thats not actually true as you need a wristband to get from the arena to the campsite! i am sure that you could get in alright but i wouldnt guarantee it! this is the first year there have been day tickets so the security arrangements will be different to other years!

I still have a campervan ticket for sale by the way if anyone needs one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

boosh_fan wrote: »

I'd imagine they'll be checking wristbands for people going from arena - campsite just like at oxegen. You wont be able to camp with a day ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭narkymarky

fear and loathing in lovely laois?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I'd say you'll get away with camping seeing as its the last night

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

Brilliant. Just reminded me I haven't watched the movie in ages. That's tonight sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

Anyone know if the neutronyx rave in the woods will be back this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

AlanC275 wrote: »

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145967445491218 :D

AlanC275 wrote: »

It's on the map anyway

• Advertisement

Map

Advertisement