Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Belle & Sebastian apparently doing a DJ set in Heineken's Electronica Bar. Anyone know if they'll be playing their own set too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

About the off-licence, how does it work? Can I go at different times of the day and pick up, say, four cans at a time?

Also this question has probably been asked a billion times before but can you bring cans in to the festival site after 10pm? It's been three years since my last EP so my memory is a little hazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

About the off-licence, how does it work? Can I go at different times of the day and pick up, say, four cans at a time?

Also this question has probably been asked a billion times before but can you bring cans in to the festival site after 10pm? It's been three years since my last EP so my memory is a little hazy.

they will only allow you take what you ordered online...so buy a salb - take a slab away. You won't be able to take parts of it and keep heading back. Don't forget your print out from email and photo ID or you'll be in for a long wait while they try to sort you out. Forgot my ID last year and they were very helpful but it took ages for them to confirm the order.

Most years they let you bring cans into the late night arena after the bars have shut....but not 100% sure tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.....

don't forget skins....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'll be checking wristbands for people going from arena - campsite just like at oxegen. You wont be able to camp with a day ticket.

I'd imagine the no camping line, is mostly aimed at stopping people arriving on the sunday with tents. Once you're in you're in i would have thought.
    The B&S / Salty Dog / Rave in the woods will be going on until around 4am, i can't see too many security checks at that hour.
    can you bring cans in to the festival site after 10pm? It's been three years since my last EP so my memory is a little hazy.

You can bring in cans after the bars close. I think it was 10.30 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

254632_273988352628160_100000509926356_1192501_260704_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22 chimina

Hope everybody is well.

Apologies for what i'm sure has been asked many times before.

The weather isn't looking too pretty for next weekend so was thinking of picking up a cheap gazebo incase it lashes.
    It's my first picnic so i'm not sure if security will pass a blind eye to it.

What'cha reckon? (you're all more than welcome to dodge the rain in it ;) )

Might bring a disposable BBQ too for the brekkie (BYOS) !!

Only a few days away now. Can't wait for it!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

chimina wrote: »
    Hope everybody is well.

Apologies for what i'm sure has been asked many times before.

The weather isn't looking too pretty for next weekend so was thinking of picking up a cheap gazebo incase it lashes.
    It's my first picnic so i'm not sure if security will pass a blind eye to it.

What'cha reckon? (you're all more than welcome to dodge the rain in it ;) )

Might bring a disposable BBQ too for the brekkie (BYOS) !!

Only a few days away now. Can't wait for it!!!! :D:D
    I doubt anything will be said about the gazebo. The main reasons they were frowned upon in the past is that they take up a lot of camping space and the poles can be used as a weapon(In knacker holes like Oxegen) but EP wont exactly be full to capacity this year so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

When you are buying your tickets do you have to pick your camp or can you just pick it when you get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Lukker- wrote: »
    When you are buying your tickets do you have to pick your camp or can you just pick it when you get there?

you can pick any one you like when you get there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I'm really excited:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 chimina

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    I doubt anything will be said about the gazebo. The main reasons they were frowned upon in the past is that they take up a lot of camping space and the poles can be used as a weapon(In knacker holes like Oxegen) but EP wont exactly be full to capacity this year so you should be fine.

Great stuff, worth chancing it for a €18 gazebo so :)

1 week to go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Has anyone heard anything about an APP for this year ?
    Would be handy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hey, am looking to buy a tickets for this "second hand" as need to save some money. Was talking to someone about getting tickets off them and they said that the tickets need a €10 charity donation at the gate. Anyone heard about this or know the charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Stage times are out.

172114.png

Midlake and Lykke Li clashing which sucks. Few clashes between bands I want to see and my girlfriend want to as well but I wouldn't worry about that just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Unfortunately, that confirms that The Vaccines are out. Disappointing news, but it's good to have a timetable going.

I would have thought Pulp would be on before Underworld. Bit of a strange one.

Only Clashes are Pulp/Mogwai and Public Enemy/Arcade Fire. It's gonna be Mogwai and PE I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

A few clashes alright (James Blake/John Grant being the main one) but that's to be expected.

What I would prefer though would be to see Lykke Li & James Blake in a tent instead of the main stage. Especially James Blake. I imagine his music would be much more suited to a tent.
    There's a few others as well that are on a bit early (Rubberbandits & Oh Land) but again that's to be expected, not everyone can have evening spots.

Overall not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I just noticed that The Jezebels have a timeslot that means I could see them after Lykke Li while Arcade Fire set up their gear but then I don't want to return and need binoculars to see Arcade Fire. Think I'll be giving them a miss even though they're a band I really want to see :/

• Advertisement

Re: Sunday tickets & camping.

In the maps they have a separate entrance for Sunday, so it looks like they are going to try and stop people hanging around afterwards.
    Some will probably get around it but I'd want a back-up plan if I were going to chance it.

Also, this means that there shouldn't be anybody on a Sunday ticket at the Salty Dog or the rave in the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

John Grant followed by Midlake on the Saturday! Brilliant!!!

Also, kinda interesting that they've got rid of one of the campsites.
    They must think that they'll have enough space without it, suggesting that ticket sales are low enough. Which isn't that surprising really.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

They havent gotten rid of one campsite, it doesnt appear on the map but it is still labelled in the grid.

Really annoyed about the Trentemoller/Paul Kalkbrenner and Chemical Borthers/Flying Lotus clash, but overall really happy with the stage times!

They havent gotten rid of one campsite, it doesnt appear on the map but it is still labelled in the grid.

Yes they have.
    Charlie Chaplin site is gone.
    Quiet campsite is moved into Andy Warhol.

Quick Question: Can you camp in the normal campsite with a family camping ticket? Also, can you get in at all with a family camping ticket if you don't have kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Only major clash is PJ Harvey and Santigold. So could have been worse, I guess.

Although I won't get to see the end of Foster the People's set (i.e. "Pumped Up Kicks") because Warpaint start 15 minutes before FtP finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Only major clash is PJ Harvey and Santigold. So could have been worse, I guess.

Although I won't get to see the end of Foster the People's set (i.e. "Pumped Up Kicks") because Warpaint start 15 minutes before FtP finish.
    Yeah them clashes pissing me off too! Dont know what to do about PJ Harvey and Santigold. Won't be missing Warpaint tho, I wanna get close enough to smell Jenny Lee Lindberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Wondering what bands to see at electric picnic this year?

Click here to see setlists for each band playing at this years ep (setlist based on most recent performances)

http://www.mobfandango.com/possible-setlists-for-electric-picnic-2011.html

Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

any word of the times for the comedy stage?

Advertisement