Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Chemical Brothers and Flying Lotus clashing
    Boys Noize and DJ Shadow clashing

Was really looking forward to seeing all of them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Beekay wrote: »
    Hey, am looking to buy a tickets for this "second hand" as need to save some money. Was talking to someone about getting tickets off them and they said that the tickets need a €10 charity donation at the gate. Anyone heard about this or know the charity?

Got some of these a couple of years back. You need to collect them at a certain desk outside and the donation is mandatory. Think it was 20 the year I got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

http://www.irishtimes.com/indepth/electric-picnic/index.pdf

^ Timetable..

Interpol are good, but I think I'll be heading to Boys Noize on Friday, not sure about the other days.. Whatever happens happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Got some of these a couple of years back. You need to collect them at a certain desk outside and the donation is mandatory. Think it was 20 the year I got them.

Yea, the guestlist and I think any complementary tickets you go through a gate where theres a €20 charity donation at the turnstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Horrible clashes for me. PJ/Santigold, Interpol/DJ Shadow, John Grant/James Blake, midlake/Lykke Li, Chems/Lotus and Sunday's been pretty much wiped out with the carnage that is Pulp/Mogwai/CYHSY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

If anyone sees Comedy Tent times or Body and Soul stage times would they mind posting there here, I can't see them anywhere - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The times for the B&S Earth Ship stage are here.
    The times for their other stages aren't up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

No excruciating clashes for me, only unfortunate one is The Chemical Brothers and The Walkmen. Would have been nice to see DJ Shadow again as well...

Yeah there's still a good few acts that are on at the same time as other bands which I'd be interested in checking out or seeing again. Of course all the stages clash together so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Public Enemy V Arcade Fire - that's a big clash!!

Underworld - Main stage? Surely better in a tent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Heineken electronica bar line up... no times yet

Heineken Electronica Bar EP Line Up

Heineken ready to raise the roof with Electronica Bar line up for Electric Picnic 2011.

Belle and Sebastian, The Rapture, White Lies, The Mystery Jets and Everything Everything just some of the names set to DJ at the Heineken Electronica Bar at this year’s Electric Picnic Music and Arts Festival.

Heineken’s flagship bar and musical hub for Picnic goers has added a full roster of eclectic DJ sets over the weekend and the ante is ready to be upped with more to be announced. Also on the bill are Jape, The Minutes, Cast of Cheers, And So I Watch You From Afar, Adebisi Shank and Banquet DJs.

Belle and Sebastian will bring a huge selection of 7 inch singles to the Electronica Bar on the Saturday as part of the acclaimed Singles Night series. The only rule of Singles Night is that only 7 inch vinyl is allowed. The series aims to celebrate all things 7 inch – from punk to funk, soul to psych, hip-hop to be-bop. No album tracks, no CDs, no MP3s, no filler – an all killer selection of great tunes. The duo will be joined by Andrew Divine for a marathon three hour set.

The Rapture were formed in 1998 but it was seminal track House of Jealous Lovers that catapulted them onto the rock and club scenes helping kick off the post-punk revival of that part of the decade along the way. The band release highly anticipated album In the Grace of Your Love on the Friday of Electric Picnic this year. Their DJ sets are also known to cross rock and club boundaries with explosive results.

(Top L-R) The Rapture; Everything Everything
    (Bottom L-R) Mystery Jets; Belle & Sebastian; White Lies.

White Lies will DJ on the Sunday night, this their second Heineken appearance after playing two packed out shows with Heineken Green Spheres in 2009.

The Mystery Jets will also bring their indie-dance sensibilities to the Electronica bar on the Sunday night. These guys are known to cause havoc on dance floors and advise bringing spare footwear for the walk home.

Everything Everything have had a great year with their debut album, Man Alive, being nominated for the Mercury Prize. The quartet is regarded as a must-see live band based on excellent recent festival performances. Their DJ sets are packed with fun hits from the 80s to today that never stray too far down the cheesy route.

On the home-grown front the Electronica Bar will also feature DJ sets from the following:

Jape returns to the Heineken stage after a previous live show and an outstanding DJ set earlier this year. Dubliner Richie Egan’s musical selection as a DJ is as impressive as his own output under his moniker Jape. Expect deep disco and the most melodic of techno.

The Minutes – The hardest working band in Dublin will take to the decks at the Electronica Bar armed to the teeth with rock ‘n’ roll bangers that will be sure to grab the attention of festival-goers.

Cast of Cheers will arrive at the bar high on the success of their free-to-download debut album ‘Chariot’ and from a UK tour with Two Door Cinema Club, 2012 will see the band release their second album and probably take over the world. Expect a great DJ set at the Electronica Bar.

And So I Watch You From Afar have had a remarkable year that saw them tour a number of sell out shows in Europe and release their second album Gangs to much critical acclaim.

Adebisi Shank – Having released their second album to rave reviews last year, the behemoths of instrumental rock will bring their eclectic taste to the Electronica bar on the Sunday of the festival.

Banquet DJ’s hold residency in Tripod every Saturday and are renowned for their highly energetic indie sets and a cheeky love for some guilty pleasures, expect plenty of both.

For the full line up and for all the latest festival news see www.heinekenmusic.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Anyone know where I can get something like a cross between a tent and a gazebo? So it's a bit more sheltered than a gazebo but not as enclosed as a tent? Or am I dreaming here?

clashfinder if anyone's interested
    http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2011/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

hcass wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get something like a cross between a tent and a gazebo? So it's a bit more sheltered than a gazebo but not as enclosed as a tent? Or am I dreaming here?

You buy the gazebo, and then buy these side panels separately. Argos have these for €40......

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6502911/Trail/searchtext%3EGAZEBO.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

You buy the gazebo, and then buy these side panels separately. Argos have these for €40......

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6502911/Trail/searchtext%3EGAZEBO.htm

Sweet! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Beekay wrote: »
    Hey, am looking to buy a tickets for this "second hand" as need to save some money. Was talking to someone about getting tickets off them and they said that the tickets need a €10 charity donation at the gate. Anyone heard about this or know the charity?

these are probably comp tickets, I had them for castlepoloza and you had to pay 10 to some local charity, so basically guy got them for free and is selling them to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Taken 30mins ago. :)

153ybrq.jpg

Hope we gets some of that in seven says time.....

weather looking pretty good going by metcheck always fairly spot on...Sunday night..Monday morning could be dodgy but winds not too bad.
    http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Both have already been mentioned in the EP thread, although I do think it might be a good idea for one post to include all the useful links. I'll probably do it later considering I'm meant to be working on a portfolio!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Pretty bad that Andrew Weatherhall is clashing with Underworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Quick Question: Can you camp in the normal campsite with a family camping ticket? Also, can you get in at all with a family camping ticket if you don't have kids?

Yes to first question, no for the second. Last year you could but some parents had problems getting in, where they were turning up without their kids for the first night and then there kids were being picked up for the next day.
    This year they state clearly you have to have at least one child with you before entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

nm wrote: »
    I'd say you'll get away with camping seeing as its the last night

Maybe camping in someones elses tent or the ground as i could see it being slightly difficult to hide a tent in your trousers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

nm wrote: »
    I'd say you'll get away with camping seeing as its the last night

Won't they just stop people coming in with tents who only have day passes?

Something strange going on with The Vaccines pulling out.
    This is what they had to say on Twitter yesterday when asked about EP:
    all depends on what the dr says this evening mate. will keep you posted...

I wonder have they pulled out already but want to leave it as late as possible before announcing it themselves to make it look like they tried their best not to pull out?
    Reading/Leeds would be more important to them. Maybe he is using medication to get through them but has been advised to rest his voice after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Something strange going on with The Vaccines pulling out.
    This is what they had to say on Twitter yesterday when asked about EP:

I wonder have they pulled out already but want to leave it as late as possible before announcing it themselves to make it look like they tried their best not to pull out?
    Reading/Leeds would be more important to them. Maybe he is using medication to get through them but has been advised to rest his voice after that.

Hard to see where they could be slotted into the schedule now at this stage since the times have been announced...... unfortunately i'd say they're definitely out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

mutley18 wrote: »
    Yeah them clashes pissing me off too! Dont know what to do about PJ Harvey and Santigold. Won't be missing Warpaint tho, I wanna get close enough to smell Jenny Lee Lindberg!

I know, I can't decide either. I was gonna go with Santigold, because I reckon she won't play in Ireland as often as PJ. Also, unlike most people, I wasn't too mad about Let England Shake. I'm listening to Stories From The City... now though and am conflicted again. :(

I'll probably go to PJ Harvey first anyway, since she starts 15 minutes earlier. Whether I stay there or run over to Santigold will then probably depend on how good Polly plays! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Hard to see where they could be slotted into the schedule now at this stage since the times have been announced...... unfortunately i'd say they're definitely out.

Yeah. Really annoying that they announced and then pulled out in a 20 day period. They put on a good show

musicmonky wrote: »
    suppose we'll just have to wait and see..you never really know what your going to get in this country anyway..its like predicting the lotto numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah. Really annoying that they announced and then pulled out in a 20 day period. They put on a good show

What's even more annoying is they put up on facebook in like march that were doing EP, then took it down, then announced it again, then EP say they've pulled out, but the frickin' band still hasn't confirmed the cancellation.....

• Advertisement

Niki & The Dove are missing from the timetable as well.

Advertisement