Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    What's even more annoying is they put up on facebook in like march that were doing EP, then took it down, then announced it again, then EP say they've pulled out, but the frickin' band still hasn't confirmed the cancellation.....

Yeah. And then the EP website hasn't listed them in a the timetable (yet) but they remain on the online poster, and in the listed bands on the website. I don't see why they can't play EP if they could play London, Reading and Leeds over the last few days. They must hate Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

First time EP'er here! :)

Is the walk from the entrance to where you camp horrendous? I still have nightmares about carrying my bag, tent, sleeping bag and crate of beer at Oxegen :eek:

It's not as bad, or long. Plus you're in a lot nicer surroundings than the awful Poxegen.

Always recommended to leave your stuff in the car and just bring in your tent to start with. You can come out for what ya need then later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Inkyhead wrote: »
    Always recommended to leave your stuff in the car and just bring in your tent, your camping chair, 2 cans and the makings of a spliff to start with. You can come out for what ya need then later when you have a bit of a buzz going!:)

Fixed that for ya!

:pac:

That is, of course, what I meant ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,280 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wamble wrote: »
    He's only days away :)

Woo Woo, Come one, let's be havin you, Woo Woo!!

"Hands in the Air, Woo, Woo again!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

Wamble wrote: »

Who is that? Really catchy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Pulp on bbc3 @reading now if anyone wants to check out whats in store for next week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have just been going through some of Sinead O'Connor's most recent performances and am glad to say that I'm not even considering seeing her. Raspy voice that doesn't sound at all like the good ole' days and even though she's famous, I still wouldn't get up on her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

hunkydory1 wrote: »
    Who is that? Really catchy

Paul Kalkbrenner - 11.05, Saturday in the Little big tent. Perfect warm-up for The Chemical Brother's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Paul Kalkbrenner is playing 11.05-12.35 so going to squeeze an hour of him in between Arcade Fire and Chemical Brothers....annoyed he clashes with Trentemoller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Pulp on bbc3 @reading now if anyone wants to check out whats in store for next week..

Watching it now! They look on top form, and I'd imagine the set list is pretty much what they'll be playing next week. Can't wait, but I'm working in Body and Soul so keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be scheduled to work when they are playing and I'll get to see them.

Also, for anybody who has worked at Electric Picnic before. I presume there will be showers provided in crew camping? Going to be arriving Thurs morning and not leaving til Tues or Wed so a shower will be essential.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

speaking of Reading, there's quite a few acts on that lineup that would be great for EP.
    i'm happy with the EP lineup this year, but between Reading/Leeds, and Bestival the week after, there's a lot of acts that are touring that EP could have gotten...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Anyone want to suggest some bands worth checking out that may not be known too well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

speaking of Reading, there's quite a few acts on that lineup that would be great for EP.
    i'm happy with the EP lineup this year, but between Reading/Leeds, and Bestival the week after, there's a lot of acts that are touring that EP could have gotten...

The National, The Vaccines, The Strokes...... *depressed sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

anywhere to watch the ireland match on the friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

anywhere to watch the ireland match on the friday?

No, not at the festival.
    Probably a pub in Stradbally showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Body & Soul stage times are going to be released on Monday, according to their Twitter.
    More clashes to look forward to :pac:

I think they'll be on this page:
    http://www.bodyandsoul.ie/bodysoulmainstage

Black Devil Disco Club & Ghostpoet are Saturday. Definitely going to clash with something good.
    Austra & Brandt Brauer Frick are Sunday. Fingers crossed they don't clash with the few others I want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Today's Irish Times article on EP says that Seasick Steve will be returning to the Salty Dog stage this year, but he wasn't on the Salty Dog schedule sent out by email from EP last week. Anyone know the deal?

I don't wanna miss him again this year.

EP can be one cruel mistress!

• Advertisement

Today's Irish Times article on EP says that Seasick Steve will be returning to the Salty Dog stage this year, but he wasn't on the Salty Dog schedule sent out by email from EP last week. Anyone know the deal?

I don't wanna miss him again this year.
    looking at the timetable, i can't see anywhere he fits in unless someone has cancelled, and they've also managed to get him and not announce it.

he played the Salty Dog stage last year, so I'd imagine the IT have just made a mistake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

First time EP'er with lots of festival exp so I know the basics, warms socks ect!

Was wondering where I should aim to set up tent? Looking to party and serenade lasses with my uke but also somewhere for a bit of kip in the wee hours??

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

looking at the timetable, i can't see anywhere he fits in unless someone has cancelled, and they've also managed to get him and not announce it.

he played the Salty Dog stage last year, so I'd imagine the IT have just made a mistake...

Hmm, I dunno. This is what it says:
    Seasick Steve was a highlight last year and returns again next week. Phelim Drew, currently in Sam Shepard’s Curse of the Starving Class in the Abbey, plays the Salty Dog on Sunday on his day off. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros appear on Friday, the Cajun Kings and Prison Love will be there, along with Black Friday from Cornwall and ship-resident bands Jerry Fish and the Mudbug Club and the Mighty Stef. There will be 25 acts in all.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2011/0827/1224302883670.html

I want this to be true!

Also, anybody hear anything about an App for EP?

Also, anybody hear anything about an App for EP?

There was one made unofficially last year rather than officially by the organisers. I was going to have a go at one but time just hasn't been on my side and I've also decided not to bring my iPhone.

Hmm, I dunno. This is what it says:

I want this to be true!

that doesn't sound like a mistake tbf.
    maybe there was a late booking and they'll move around the times they've already announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

ah dj shadow and boyz noize clashing, daymn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Please let these Seasick reports be true! Missed both his gigs last year, I won't be missing him this year if it's true. How come they don't have a timetable for the salty dog stage inside the lanyards you buy at the gate? Or did I just miss it last year? Must dig out last years and check...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Watching PULP at reading and they look to be on top form. Cant wait to see them on the Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,280 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

AdMMM wrote: »
    I've also decided not to bring my iPhone.

Me too, time to dust off auld faithful :)

nokia-5140i.gif

• Advertisement

This is what I found lurking in my drawers:

nokia_6210.jpg

Even has snake on it.

Advertisement