Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

AdMMM wrote: »
    I've also decided not to bring my iPhone.

Me too, time to dust off auld faithful :)

nokia-5140i.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This is what I found lurking in my drawers:

nokia_6210.jpg

Even has snake on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

mutley18 wrote: »
    Please let these Seasick reports be true! Missed both his gigs last year, I won't be missing him this year if it's true. How come they don't have a timetable for the salty dog stage inside the lanyards you buy at the gate? Or did I just miss it last year? Must dig out last years and check...

Same here. I wanted to catch him on the Salty Dog but last year there wasn't even a timetable available for it online.
    There is this year so maybe it'll be the the lanyards as well.

I think the idea behind it, is it's meant to be a bit of a secret.
    But any time I passed it last year it seemed quiet enough, so maybe they'll advetise it a bit more this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mand0621

This is a long shot but worth a try!!
    Does anybody have family camping tickets for EP but dont want to camp there? I have 2 general camping tickets but as we now have no babysitter at the last minute I desperately need to swap them for family tickets, Maybe someone has family tickets and dont have kids, or would prefer to camp with friends...
    Would travel ANYWHERE to collect them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

mand0621 wrote: »
    Does anybody have family camping tickets for EP but dont want to camp there? I have 2 general camping tickets but as we now have no babysitter at the last minute I desperately need to swap them for family tickets, Maybe someone has family tickets and dont have kids, or would prefer to camp with friends...

Check this out: http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19093 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

mand0621 wrote: »

If you don't get them, you can still camp in any of the other campsites -- our kid stayed with us last year in the Quiet Campsite, which was fine. And actually, we were twice invited by EP organisers to move to the Family Campsite if we wanted.
    Since this year they are refusing to allow adults without children into the Family site, they'll likely be plenty of room there and if you show up with kids they might just let you in even if you don't have the right ticket.

Campervans can go in anytime cant they? Was gonna go down Friday evening, but someone told me in the past they could only go in on thursdays.

Just checked the weather, its all conflicting at the moment. Will probably be a bit of rain tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Was wondering where I should aim to set up tent? Looking to party and serenade lasses with my uke but also somewhere for a bit of kip in the wee hours??

far far far away from me

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

mutley18 wrote: »
    Please let these Seasick reports be true! Missed both his gigs last year, I won't be missing him this year if it's true. How come they don't have a timetable for the salty dog stage inside the lanyards you buy at the gate? Or did I just miss it last year? Must dig out last years and check...

Ah, damn. I asked about this on EP's Facebook wall and they said the IT is mistaken. No Seasick Steve.

Grrr the Times for getting my hopes up

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Hi all,

EP newbie here - anyone have a lowdown on the different campsites in terms of walking distance, noise etc?? Coming from Dublin on Fri afternoon so any help would be appreciated...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

danniemcq wrote: »
    far far far away from me

Congrats on being an asshole. I wouldn't mind actually being recommended a good camp-site without the cynical bull**** from above poster

Congrats on being an asshole. I wouldn't mind actually being recommended a good camp-site without the cynical bull**** from above poster

wow...

In all fairness the majority of people will want to kick the crap out of anyone who sits in a campsite playing bad cover versions of soppy songs while everyone in the area is dying of hangovers. I know for a fact that people have moved from areas of the campsites because of Damien Rice being played over and over again as someone tries to impress some hippy for the weekend. I know you are a festival noob and probably think it’s a great idea but really… its not.

wait you aren't even a festival noob... gawd

danniemcq wrote: »
    wow...

In all fairness the majority of people will want to kick the crap out of anyone who sits in a campsite playing bad cover versions of soppy songs while everyone in the area is dying of hangovers. I know for a fact that people have moved from areas of the campsites because of Damien Rice being played over and over again as someone tries to impress some hippy for the weekend. I know you are a festival noob and probably think it’s a great idea but really… its not.

Man, have you ever heard of a joke. I have been to many a festival (and house party) where some dope starts throwing out the oasis in an effort to try and get his hole, I don't even own a uke! Can you recommend a good camp-site for me though seeing as you seem to have EP experience!

I was just reading over my original comment and It may not have been too obvious that I was being sarcastic about the Uke part......should have used a smiley!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Fellow Picnickers,

Does the onsite off-licence only accept online pre-bookings, or can you pop-in and buy some drink on the Saturday or Sunday?

Man, have you ever heard of a joke. I have been to many a festival (and house party) where some dope starts throwing out the oasis in an effort to try and get his hole, I don't even own a uke! Can you recommend a good camp-site for me though seeing as you seem to have EP experience!

I was just reading over my original comment and It may not have been too obvious that I was being sarcastic about the Uke part......should have used a smiley!

Ah right, yeah the internet has a habit of messing with peoples comments! Guess my bad too! Personally I recommend the red campsite, close to arena, close to all the shops and stalls, its where I camped the last 5 years, bit of an extra walk from the car parks though. If you are looking for late night parties Oscar Wilde is probably your best choice. You’ll be near the salty dog stage and trenchtown. Both excellent for when the main arena closes.

Enjoy the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

screenshot20110829at123.png

Looks like I shouldn't rely on Metcheck.com for weather forecasts. Or at least I hope I shouldn't be able to rely on them - look at the wind!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

AdMMM wrote: »
    screenshot20110829at123.png

Looks like I shouldn't rely on Metcheck.com for weather forecasts. Or at least I hope I shouldn't be able to rely on them - look at the wind!!!!

I may get the extra long tent pegs for that :eek:

I usually go by accuweather and their 5 day forecast is predicting rain for friday and saturday, hopefully its not too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Does anybody know if its possible to use a one day ticket for the sunday to get in to the picnic after midnight saturday as its technically a sunday .I am working friday and saturday so wouldnt be down until around midnight and it would be alot handier than having to pay 240 for a day of music

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭FastFuse

Ladies & Gents 5.gif

I don't plan to avail of the EP Off Licence as the funds are tight. If anyone knows of local off licence deals in the lead up please drop a post in here as to what and where. I'm not having much luck online. Looking for decent beer ata decent price.

A friend is travelling down on Wednesday for work and ahs agreed to bring a tray down for me :)

Cheers in advance. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

electronic wrote: »
    Does anybody know if its possible to use a one day ticket for the sunday to get in to the picnic after midnight saturday as its technically a sunday .I am working friday and saturday so wouldnt be down until around midnight and it would be alot handier than having to pay 240 for a day of music

I wouldnt think so, theres prob a certain time they starting letting the daytrippers in on Sunday.

• Advertisement

yeah they'd have to have a set time, it would get wayyyyy to messy otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

FastFuse wrote: »
    Ladies & Gents 5.gif

I don't plan to avail of the EP Off Licence as the funds are tight. If anyone knows of local off licence deals in the lead up please drop a post in here as to what and where. I'm not having much luck online. Looking for decent beer ata decent price.

A friend is travelling down on Wednesday for work and ahs agreed to bring a tray down for me :)

Cheers in advance. ;)

24 cans of Heineken in Tesco for €30? (2 x 12 pack @ €15 each)? My tipple of choice in any case.

FastFuse wrote: »
    Ladies & Gents 5.gif

Cheers in advance. ;)

24 Tuborg in Lidl for 20 beans, can't go wrong.

Anyone know if the AI hurling final will be shown anywhere or will I have to venture into town??

you'll have to head to town i'd say. They never show any sporting events AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's not much of a walk to the town anyway so shouldnt be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mand0621

If you don't get them, you can still camp in any of the other campsites -- our kid stayed with us last year in the Quiet Campsite, which was fine. And actually, we were twice invited by EP organisers to move to the Family Campsite if we wanted.
    Since this year they are refusing to allow adults without children into the Family site, they'll likely be plenty of room there and if you show up with kids they might just let you in even if you don't have the right ticket.

Really? maybe we will take the chance then..Had planned to stay in the quiet campsite if we didnt get a swap, but there doesnt seem to be one the year or am I missing it on the map?

And taxis are quite resonable too

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Any advice on buying a decent sized cooler? Any deals on at the mo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Advertisement