Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

mand0621 wrote: »
    Really? maybe we will take the chance then..Had planned to stay in the quiet campsite if we didnt get a swap, but there doesnt seem to be one the year or am I missing it on the map?

It's 18 on the camping map. It's part of the blue camp site.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Naykid

electronic wrote: »
    Does anybody know if its possible to use a one day ticket for the sunday to get in to the picnic after midnight saturday as its technically a sunday .I am working friday and saturday so wouldnt be down until around midnight and it would be alot handier than having to pay 240 for a day of music

Gates open at 11:30 on Sunday morning for the Sunday Day ticket holders

http://electricpicnic.ie/tickets?page=tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Where is the camping map?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the AI hurling final will be shown anywhere or will I have to venture into town??
    Thats a negative according to the FAQ...you'll have to head to town.

http://electricpicnic.ie/faq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

They used to show the hurling every year in the Cinema Tent, but apparently a couple of years ago things got a bit rowdy during it. And apparently there was quite a few moaning michaels giving out about it being shown anyway. So I've heard. I was always happy out to get sauced up in the carpark or the campsite and stick it on the ol' wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Feck if it rains as bad as it did on the Sunday last year I might not even go, not gonna chance it by bringing too much casual clothes at all, wellies and rain gear and a few t-shirts. Had to buy black bin bags on the Sunday last year to cover myself in them before heading into the rave in the woods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Feck if it rains as bad as it did on the Sunday last year I might not even go, not gonna chance it by bringing too much casual clothes at all, wellies and rain gear and a few t-shirts. Had to buy black bin bags on the Sunday last year to cover myself in them before heading into the rave in the woods

That was pretty horrific weather last year on the Sunday night, I gave up after Massive Attack and headed back to my tent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anybody know anywhere selling some cheap wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Beekay wrote: »
    Anybody know anywhere selling some cheap wellies?

Dunnes had loads last time I was there.

You're not going to need them anyways!

EDIT - Dunnes in Stephens Green that is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is there a printable page of the non main stages, like the salty dog, the rave in the forest, and whatever else goes on. Its such a good festival I dont want to miss it :)

http://electricpicnic.ie/thesaltydog

Dont think there is one for the rave in the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

mand0621 wrote: »
    Really? maybe we will take the chance then..Had planned to stay in the quiet campsite if we didnt get a swap, but there doesnt seem to be one the year or am I missing it on the map?

Seems that they did away with the Chaplin site this year and moved Quiet Camping to Warhol. Which might be quieter than last year -- it seems further away from the rave in the woods.

We'll be there with our 9-year-old. Prefer it to Family Camping because we want to camp with our friends who don't have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If I have a day pass to Saturday is it impossible to get into the campsite that night? Was thinking of trying my luck. I guess I wouldn't get back in on Sunday though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

8-10 wrote: »
    If I have a day pass to Saturday is it impossible to get into the campsite that night? Was thinking of trying my luck. I guess I wouldn't get back in on Sunday though right?
    Daypasses are only available for Sunday tho? If you want to go in Saturday you will have to buy a weekend ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Only 4 more sleeps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Has anyone volunteering received their confirmation yet from Catherine about their work schedule or bond details, I posted my details off a week last Monday and still havent received an email confirming my details. Its getting really close I need a schedule so I can plan my fun around it before Thursday at least.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

If I have a day pass to Saturday...

No such thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

There's day tickets? Since when? I didn't know that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mackinacky

Folks, Bit of a novice here, poppin my cherry this weekend and lookin for info on buses down from Dublin Fri and comin back unday night and Monday mornin. . . .

I looked at the official site, was directed to ticketmaster but could only find a combination with event & bus ticket together. . . .

Confused.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

babymanval wrote: »
    No such thing!

Fraid so, I'm volunteering on the Saturday and my pass is that day only, or so I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Fraid so, I'm volunteering on the Saturday and my pass is that day only, or so I assume?
    Your pass is for Saturday as you are working but there are no day tickets for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

might need a boat for sunday !!!
    you cant be sure till wednesday/thursday anyway

http://www.weather2umbrella.com/en/weather-forecast-athy/eta/11/992679/0/meteogram

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bt12

think d wellies will b needed :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimboPanto

Quick question lads - getting Dublin Coach into Portlaoise good'n'early on Friday morning and according to their website, it drops us off at The Blue Bridge...now, where from there do we head to get the shuttle bus to Stradbally? (I believe Martley's bus are running the shuttles).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Has anyone volunteering received their confirmation yet from Catherine about their work schedule or bond details, I posted my details off a week last Monday and still havent received an email confirming my details. Its getting really close I need a schedule so I can plan my fun around it before Thursday at least.

Don't think any of us have gotten our schedules yet, we'll probably get them sent out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

babymanval wrote: »
    No such thing!
    Single Day Passes are indeed available. They're given to media, residents of the area and given to event partners/sponsors. Of course they're not on general sale but they do exist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Anyone ever stay in the carpark rather than camping? Have mates gettin a van and doin that and gettig set up there.. Would have to stay in the car though.. 3 nights in the car might be a killler!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

So EP...is it worth the money am considering it myself but not a camper, why cant they do day passes or one sleep??? WHAT is personal hygene like on day 3?? Do they have facilities? I take it not...I'm sure its do -able, not to sound too borrring!! 3 nights in the car sounds tough alright!!!:)

Oh I'm psyced...

Doing it on a very tight budget! Damn you unemployment!

Will they be still doing the recycled/deposits glasses thing? I wasn't there last year, and I was working the bars the year before. Some people were making a killing! I know I paid out €240 to one girl.

Could do with being a bit of a cleaner :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

musicmonky wrote: »
    might need a boat for sunday !!!
    you cant be sure till wednesday/thursday anyway

http://www.weather2umbrella.com/en/weather-forecast-athy/eta/11/992679/0/meteogram

Bah. :mad: RTÉ weather mentioned persistent rain for Saturday.

I think I'll go by MT Cranium though; he seems to have a good reputation for getting it right! Showers sounds a lot better than persistent rain anyway.

Though I'm now beginning to regret purchasing a tent at Dunnes Stores! :pac:

Advertisement