Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

rustopher wrote: »
    So EP...is it worth the money am considering it myself but not a camper, why cant they do day passes or one sleep??? WHAT is personal hygene like on day 3?? Do they have facilities? I take it not...I'm sure its do -able, not to sound too borrring!! 3 nights in the car sounds tough alright!!!:)

well it depends how much your into your music and partying really..

It would be the best festival over here,

The weather will play a big part too cause of it rains and it's horrible it puts a bit of a downer on it..

Yep I think I may have to camp as te 3 days will be hard to do staying in the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Fook; sounds like it;s due to be a washout...

What are peoples' wet weather essentials list? I haven't done a mudfest festival before...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Bring a lot of plastic bags, separate ones for your wet and dry stuff. Bin bags or ziplocs, not little Tesco carriers full of holes. Whatever else, make sure you always have an excess of dry socks and pants. Lots and lots of dry socks and pants. Preserve them as you would a particularly valued child.

There are two approaches to wet weather. Either wear a lot of layers so you can keep the inner ones fairly dry and keep warm, or wear barely anything so you dry out quicker and don't spend the day walking around with cold water on your skin. The second strategy depends fairly heavily on a certain amount of Beer Jacket, and although I don't fancy trying it, I'd say it could be doable if you're going to be in a lot of big tight crowds all day to keep you warm.

Don't get tempted to go drunkenly mudsliding at any point - somebody always does, but remember there's a few days of this thing - and do whatever it takes to keep your sleeping bag dry. Do not give in to temptation to just roll into your tent at night and sleep in your damp clothes.

If you're not in a walkaround sized tent, sit into the tent and leave your feet out the door when you're getting something or whatever, don't go dragging your muddy wellies all over your stuff. Sounds obvious, but I always hear some eejit in our camp doing it and then complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Cold i can deal with,
    showers i can deal with,

lashing all weekend.... ick

Sunday night last year was horrible less of that please and more of the years that went before. Coming back like you'd been away foreign!
    Fri 2 Sep Morning 15 °c 15 °c 0 1011 mb 0.5 mm 99 %  7 mph  
     Afternoon 18 °c 18 °c 3 1011 mb 0.4 mm 89 %  7 mph  
     Evening 13 °c 12 °c 0 1009 mb 0.1 mm 92 %  6 mph  

Sat 3 Sep Morning 13 °c 12 °c 0 1005 mb 11.8 mm 99 %  9 mph  
     Afternoon 15 °c 14 °c 0 1004 mb 2.7 mm 100 %  4 mph  
     Evening 7 °c 6 °c 0 1006 mb 0.3 mm 86 %  5 mph  

Sun 4 Sep Morning 10 °c 9 °c 2 1005 mb 0.1 mm 1 %  4 mph  
     Afternoon 15 °c 8 °c 6 1003 mb 2.0 mm 48 %  173 mph  
     Evening 5 °c 1 °c 0 1006 mb 0.2 mm 92 %  45 mph  

met check says rain sat morning if you couldn't tell from that garbled text

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

danniemcq wrote: »
    Cold i can deal with,
    showers i can deal with,

lashing all weekend.... ick

Sunday night last year was horrible less of that please and more of the years that went before. Coming back like you'd been away foreign!
    Fri 2 Sep Morning 15 °c 15 °c 0 1011 mb 0.5 mm 99 %  7 mph  
     Afternoon 18 °c 18 °c 3 1011 mb 0.4 mm 89 %  7 mph  
     Evening 13 °c 12 °c 0 1009 mb 0.1 mm 92 %  6 mph  

Sat 3 Sep Morning 13 °c 12 °c 0 1005 mb 11.8 mm 99 %  9 mph  
     Afternoon 15 °c 14 °c 0 1004 mb 2.7 mm 100 %  4 mph  
     Evening 7 °c 6 °c 0 1006 mb 0.3 mm 86 %  5 mph  

Sun 4 Sep Morning 10 °c 9 °c 2 1005 mb 0.1 mm 1 %  4 mph  
     Afternoon 15 °c 8 °c 6 1003 mb 2.0 mm 48 %  173 mph  
     Evening 5 °c 1 °c 0 1006 mb 0.2 mm 92 %  45 mph  

met check says rain sat morning if you couldn't tell from that garbled text

Met check says it's lashing on Saturday morning! allthe way up til one, well that ruins seeing the trinity orchestra playing daft punk, just going to have to get locked in the campsite instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Anyone know where in dublin I can buy some Dunlop wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

MB Lacey wrote: »

Heatons sell some cheap ones, but I dont think they are Dunlop.

Heatons sell some cheap ones, but I dont think they are Dunlop.
    Thanks heeb, but I've been stung with cheap wellies before - Dunlop are cheapish and reliable - so I'd prefer to get some dunlops - just can't think where to get them.
    I've tried googling 'dunlop dublin' but just get loads of online sites, which with only a few days to go is no use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Dublin City Farmer's Co-Op

old gregg wrote: »
    Dublin City Farmer's Co-Op

For real?
    The one down on newmarket square?
    you suuuuuuuuuure? cos that place doesn't open until Thurs night and that's cutting it fine.

• Advertisement

For real?
    The one down on newmarket square?
    you suuuuuuuuuure? cos that place doesn't open until Thurs night and that's cutting it fine.

in reality I just made that up (but it sounds like it should exist) .... but if I wanted real wellies then I'd find the nearest Farmer's Co-Op store and head there. At a push I'd goess you'll pass close to a Farmer's Co-Op or two on the way from Dublin to Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Weather not looking too good for the weekend then.

Ah well, last year was like a monsoon on the Sunday and it was still bloody great... I cannot wait to get out of work on Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Body and Soul stage times announced:http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2011/08/30/electric-picnic-body-soul-stage-times/

I'm still waiting for the comedy stage times. Any idea when we'll see those?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

I got Dunlop wellies last week in that camping store on Mary's street. Not the big one, the smaller one with all the hiking shoe stands at the doorway. €15

in reality I just made that up (but it sounds like it should exist) .... but if I wanted real wellies then I'd find the nearest Farmer's Co-Op store and head there. At a push I'd goess you'll pass close to a Farmer's Co-Op or two on the way from Dublin to Stradbally.

yes, there's a dublin city farmer's food co-op off Cork St (http://www.dublinfood.coop), so I thought you'd seen some there..

yes, there's a dublin city farmer's food co-op off Cork St (http://www.dublinfood.coop), so I thought you'd seen some there..
    ah right so maybe I was being an unknowing channel for the voice of god telling you where to go :p Maybe give them a buzz (01) 454 4258 and see what they say. Farm folks know a good pair of wellies when they see them I reckon.

ah right so maybe I was being an unknowing channel for the voice of god telling you where to go :p Maybe give them a buzz (01) 454 4258 and see what they say. Farm folks know a good pair of wellies when they see them I reckon.
    true.

Since you're channeling the voice of god, could you ask god to turn off the rain tap - just for this weekend? Or make today and tomorrow rainy..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Basicilly

Anyone know if it is possible to watch Ireland v Slovakia at the picnic or if there is anywhere nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Firstly ask for world peace, not even God can deliver that. Then hit him with the rain free weekend, it will seem like a fair compromise.

true.

Since you're channeling the voice of god, could you ask god to turn off the rain tap - just for this weekend? Or make today and tomorrow rainy..

yea not happy about the rain tap at all :( I don't deal with rain very well and am performing on the Fri & Sun night and want to be nice and warm and fuzzy rather than damp and irritable

• Advertisement

Basicilly wrote: »
    Anyone know if it is possible to watch Ireland v Slovakia at the picnic or if there is anywhere nearby?

for everyone asking about matches being shown:
    From EP website, under FAQ's

Q: Will you be showing any hurling/football matches at the festival this year?
    A: No, there will be no sports events shown this year

yea not happy about the rain tap at all :( I don't deal with rain very well and am performing on the Fri & Sun night and want to be nice and warm and fuzzy rather than damp and irritable

Just make sure photographers are nearby to get good images of you performing with mist/ condensation rising from you.
    You might be miserable, but you'll look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

not sure if this has been posted, but the times everyone is playing at

http://www.irishtimes.com/indepth/electric-picnic/index.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Basicilly

for everyone asking about matches being shown:
    From EP website, under FAQ's

Q: Will you be showing any hurling/football matches at the festival this year?
    A: No, there will be no sports events shown this year

Does anyone know of anywhere nearby that this will be shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Basicilly wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere nearby that this will be shown?

Pub in the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meadhbhc

Hello!

This might be a long shot, but if anyone has 2 family camping tickets for sale, or knows where I could get my hands on some I'd be so greatfull!!!

Previous sale fell through and there is serious dissappointment! We dont know if you can camp with kids in any other areas so we need to get some family tickets.

Thanks in advance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

weather forecast is sh*te - so everyone just prepare accordingly.

however ....I remain hopeful simply because of the history of outstanding weather at the Electric Picnic.

it makes me wonder (and dream) - that perhaps the festival location is subject to specifically localised weather conditions due to topography etc???

maybe? any serious weather buffs out there to confirm my wishful thinking?

anyways...sure it'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

weather forecast is sh*te - so everyone just prepare accordingly.

however ....I remain hopeful simply because of the history of outstanding weather at the Electric Picnic.

it makes me wonder (and dream) - that perhaps the festival location is subject to specifically localised weather conditions due to topography etc???

maybe? any serious weather buffs out there to confirm my wishful thinking?

anyways...sure it'll be grand :)

someone must have gone home early on the Sunday last year, or not been there the year before then was it? Weather has been terrible the last two years! So wellies rain gear and enough beer to make it seems like it's not happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    someone must have gone home early on the Sunday last year, or not been there the year before then was it? Weather has been terrible the last two years! So wellies rain gear and enough beer to make it seems like it's not happening!

been there every year dude. there's always been a bit o rain, but its never been rained out.

got away grand last year as far as I'm concerned, most of the rain fell during the night

but like you say - sometimes ye just gotta suck it up and enjoy yerself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Anybody ever have problems bringing your own food in? I have allergies and plan on bringing a few lunch boxes full of food in?

Also I see there is a limit of 48 cans, it doesn't mention spirits? Any idea what the limit is for say whiskey? All I see is no glass allowed so I guess I'll just throw it in a plastic bottle.

Thanks.

Advertisement