Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

under the do's and don't EP website says

◦Do not bring cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.

They mean big tv cameras right? Not personal digital ones?

I was going to try get some shots with my dslr, I'm assuming that's ok?
    They couldn't disallow cameras given majority have cameras on their smartphones?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Anybody ever have problems bringing your own food in? I have allergies and plan on bringing a few lunch boxes full of food in?

Also I see there is a limit of 48 cans, it doesn't mention spirits? Any idea what the limit is for say whiskey? All I see is no glass allowed so I guess I'll just throw it in a plastic bottle.

Thanks.

There is no problem with food.

I've not seen anyone being refused for having too many spirits. Last year there was an area where people could empty their glass bottles into clean plastic bottles provided by the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Electric Picnic - Grab yourself a bargain, save 20% on all Tees by Plain White T-****e (PlainWhiteT****e).

To avail of the discount, visit:
    http://buanacainte.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/spotlight-plain-white-t-****e/

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

been there every year dude. there's always been a bit o rain, but its never been rained out.

got away grand last year as far as I'm concerned, most of the rain fell during the night

but like you say - sometimes ye just gotta suck it up and enjoy yerself

fair enough, just remember the mud was up to my knees two years ago and last year waking up with a gazebo that had blown on top of my tent and getting soaked walking back there, so wouldn't say the weather always good there.

although the previous three years were good weather didn't even need the wellies! let hope they're wrong about the tail end of that hurricane hitting us, but sure just hang in a tent if thats the case!

Shifty wrote: »
    Electric Picnic - Grab yourself a bargain, save 20% on all Tees by Plain White T-****e (PlainWhiteT****e).

To avail of the discount, visit:
    http://buanacainte.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/spotlight-plain-white-t-****e/

Would they be delivered by thursday?

Actually, cancel that, they look gank!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I hope its not like this...

172642.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Would they be delivered by thursday?

I read on their Facebook page that orders placed by midday tomorrow, they will have it delivered in time for the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

172642.bmp
    Haha that's pretty bad! Where is that? Took me a while to notice the guy having a dip in the middle of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

wuoop, post #1,000

that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

172642.bmp

That would be somewhat dis-heartening :D

• Advertisement

mutley18 wrote: »
    Haha that's pretty bad! Where is that? Took me a while to notice the guy having a dip in the middle of it!

Took that the Sunday of last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

haha, I remember watching Massive Attack during that storm last year, there was only what seemed like a couple of thousand people there watchin the main act of the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

haha that's from glasto in 05, i read somewhere that the guy swimming had left his car keys in the tent and went in looking for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

If you don't get them, you can still camp in any of the other campsites -- our kid stayed with us last year in the Quiet Campsite, which was fine. And actually, we were twice invited by EP organisers to move to the Family Campsite if we wanted.
    Since this year they are refusing to allow adults without children into the Family site, they'll likely be plenty of room there and if you show up with kids they might just let you in even if you don't have the right ticket.

Last year they were very strict, so I reckon you will need the correct ticket even if you have kids with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

meadhbhc wrote: »
    Hello!

This might be a long shot, but if anyone has 2 family camping tickets for sale, or knows where I could get my hands on some I'd be so greatfull!!!

Previous sale fell through and there is serious dissappointment! We dont know if you can camp with kids in any other areas so we need to get some family tickets.

Thanks in advance!!!

You can camp with kids in the other campsites but you will have no access to soul kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

You are sh1tting me!?! :eek:

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

No, i had my tent down there, at the base of a fookin hill. Bloody destroyed so it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Frist time go-er here, what are the noob mistakes that people make with bringing the wrong stuff/ not enough stuff or too much stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

MB Lacey wrote: »
    under the do's and don't EP website says

◦Do not bring cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.

They mean big tv cameras right? Not personal digital ones?

I was going to try get some shots with my dslr, I'm assuming that's ok?
    They couldn't disallow cameras given majority have cameras on their smartphones?

Thanks.

They may get fussy about bringing an SLR into the main arena. You'll get it into the campsite no bother. I really want to bring my SLR, but (1) I don't trust myself with it, what with all the drinkin and druggin (2) I wouldn't like leaving it out of my sight all weekend and (3), the weather. Any bit of dampness could see a great camera ruined.

But Christ, there will be some epic photo op's up there. You can run the gauntlet, it may very well pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

No, i had my tent down there, at the base of a fookin hill. Bloody destroyed so it was...
    It's funny how the same image pops up when you Google image 'Glastonbury 05 floods' isn't it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Wamble wrote: »
    I don't trust myself with it, what with all the drinkin and druggin .

You shouldn't drink while on medication. :p

It's funny how the same image pops up when you Google image 'Glastonbury 05 floods' isn't it?!

And when you search for "Electric Picnic 2010 floods" you get lots of blue sky pics

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Frist time go-er here, what are the noob mistakes that people make with bringing the wrong stuff/ not enough stuff or too much stuff?
    danniemcq wrote: »
    Baby Wipes,
    Tent,
    Sleeping Bag,
    Mat,
    Sudocreame,
    Antiseptic,
    Condoms,
    Skins,
    Hand Wash,
    Toilet Roll,
    Wellys,
    Comfy Shoes,
    Extra Socks,
    Spare Batteries,
    €100 quid more than you think just in case,
    60 quid ready for wheelbarrow (you get 50 back)

Thats all i can think of at the minute

Danniemcq has got it covered here.

If you're poor - Food, 48 cans + a litre of your favourite spirit and plastic cups will see you through till Sunday

If you have some cash to play around with, the food there is expensive and delicious.

:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Last year they were very strict, so I reckon you will need the correct ticket even if you have kids with you.

Just giving my own experience from last year -- didn't have Family tickets, but because we had a child with us, at the entrance EP staff told us we could camp in Family even without the proper ticket. We politely declined. After we had pitched our tent in the Quiet site, two more staff came over and offered to help us take down our tent and move all our stuff to the Family site if we wished.
    YMMV.
    If you have kids with you and you want to camp in the Family site but don't have the Family ticket, there's no harm asking.
    You can camp with kids in the other campsites but you will have no access to soul kids.

Again, that wasn't our experience last year -- no problem entering Soul Kids provided you have a kid with you.

Just giving my own experience from last year -- didn't have Family tickets, but because we had a child with us, at the entrance EP staff told us we could camp in Family even without the proper ticket. We politely declined. After we had pitched our tent in the Quiet site, two more staff came over and offered to help us take down our tent and move all our stuff to the Family site if we wished.
    YMMV.
    If you have kids with you and you want to camp in the Family site but don't have the Family ticket, there's no harm asking.

Again, that wasn't our experience last year -- no problem entering Soul Kids provided you have a kid with you.

Sounds like they were very sound to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Agree with LostinKildare

We stayed in the quiet campsite last year with my 13year old daughter, and my friend with her 4year old daughter, because I had a family ticket and she didn't. The quiet campsite was fine, and there was plenty other families there too. We had no bother getting into soul kids either...... as long as you have a child with you, they will let you in!!

You might not get into family camping without a family ticket though, heard of a few people that were turned away last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mand0621

Hope thats the case this year as well, we are planning on staying in the quiet campsite with our 11 year old, would love to be offered a move into the family one though just for ease of mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meadhbhc

YMMV.

Really? That sounds promising!! I wonder will they be strict this year seeing as there's day passes! I hope not!!! I wonder is it worth the risk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Sounds like they were very sound to you.

Yeah, they were. Great vibe all weekend :)

Can't wait!

Advertisement