Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Basicilly wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere nearby that this will be shown?

If I recall from recent Picnics some of the stall holders will be blasting out the match on the radio, usually a nice wee crowd gathered listening to the soccer or GAA or whatever. On some occasions the stall holder might have a small telly showing the game too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

If I recall from recent Picnics some of the stall holders will be blasting out the match on the radio, usually a nice wee crowd gathered listening to the soccer or GAA or whatever. On some occasions the stall holder might have a small telly showing the game too.

Yeah, one of my friends had a stall there two years ago and we crammed a load of people into the tent watching an Ireland match. Cant remember who they were playing at the time.

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    someone must have gone home early on the Sunday last year, or not been there the year before then was it? Weather has been terrible the last two years! So wellies rain gear and enough beer to make it seems like it's not happening!

Only on the Sundays really did we get the brunt of the rain and wind, we have always been spared the worst on the Friday and Saturdays. 2009 was particularly bad as the rain started early in the morning right through to early afternoon, it wasnt too bad after that but the damage was done with the mud deluge and a serious lack of wood chippings. Sunday last year was quite atrocious too, but only by the time the National were hitting the main stage which was early evening and got progressively worse from there. It didnt bother the fair chunk of folk who packed out the Electric Arena for Fever Ray so I thought the Sunday night ended fairly cool, stayed around for a bit of Massive Attack but too pell mell by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

2 year ago i watch the game in a tent promoting LGBT awareness as far as i recall, they had inflatable sofas

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Only 3 more sleeps :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

All this talk of rain is depressing. Positive energy, people!

Nialler9 EP mixtape:
    http://www.nialler9.com/11120-listen-download-nialler9-electric-picnic-mixtapes/

Feck, just noticed now that campers only get access on thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Feck, just noticed now that campers only get access on thursday evening.

What?

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    What?

Thought it was self explanatory :p. According to email from ticket master I just got. It would appear to be the case.

Thought it was self explanatory :p. According to email from ticket master I just got. It would appear to be the case.

You mean the campervans, otherwise youll confuse everyone taking a tent as they are all campers heh heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

LimboPanto wrote: »
    Quick question lads - getting Dublin Coach into Portlaoise good'n'early on Friday morning and according to their website, it drops us off at The Blue Bridge...now, where from there do we head to get the shuttle bus to Stradbally? (I believe Martley's bus are running the shuttles).

The Blue Bridge is no more, but the good news is that is the same pick up/drop off point that the E.P shuttle bus uses. You also have a Tesco's nearby as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

do you mean camper vans?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

You mean the campervans, otherwise youll confuse everyone taking a tent as they are all campers heh heh.

Ah ok campervans.

maximoose wrote: »
    do you mean camper vans?
    Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Ah ok campervans.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Anyone heading up thursday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I remember watching an Ireland match at Picnic, maybe 5/ 6 years ago. It was on in the cinema tent. I'm 90% sure.

Might dress up as a duck. Keeps the rain off. :P

FastFuse wrote: »
    Ladies & Gents 5.gif

I don't plan to avail of the EP Off Licence as the funds are tight. If anyone knows of local off licence deals in the lead up please drop a post in here as to what and where. I'm not having much luck online. Looking for decent beer ata decent price.

A friend is travelling down on Wednesday for work and ahs agreed to bring a tray down for me :)

Cheers in advance. ;)

24 cans Tuborg for 20 euro in O'Briens. (City West anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

danniemcq wrote: »
    Baby Wipes,
    Tent,
    Sleeping Bag,
    Mat,
    Sudocreame,
    Antiseptic,
    Condoms,
    Skins,
    Hand Wash,
    Toilet Roll,
    Wellys,
    Comfy Shoes,
    Extra Socks,
    Spare Batteries,
    €100 quid more than you think just in case,
    60 quid ready for wheelbarrow (you get 50 back)
    Thats all i can think of at the minute

Wheelwhatnow!? Was going to bring my own where do we get em? Will they be still available on Friday afternoon?

Morf3h wrote: »
    Wheelwhatnow!? Was going to bring my own where do we get em? Will they be still available on Friday afternoon?

There's millions of em. Pick one up on yer way in, after you get ticket scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

There's millions of em. Pick one up on yer way in, after you get ticket scanned.

Will prob be a queue for them so expect to hang around for one to come back. Same on the Monday morning.

Bought a cheap trolley with bigish wheels in Argos for this....sorted :D

Roll on weekend guys.....maybe a boards meetup should be arranged on the Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Bought a cheap trolley with bigish wheels in Argos for this....sorted :D

link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

link?

That lad there

I paid a little less then that mind. Well worth if if you're hauling crates of swill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 onelinedrawing

Hey guys!

Cock and Bull invited some of our favourite Irish acts who are playing the festival to cover other acts playing this year. Were releasing them all this week, so far we've got

And

Would really encourage you all to check out these two really great Irish bands at the fest this weekend.

Well have more covers going up over the week, and we will be spending the weekend filming performances and interviews with loads of the acts, so come say hi if you see us, or keep an eye on our twitter or facebook to see what were up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

body and soul times up!

http://bodyandsoul.ie/runningorder

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

Body & Soul looks great this year.
    These guys Craiceann rocked Sunflower and should be great at EP

http://soundcloud.com/craiceann/r-ocht

also the marley mob were great and worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Any info on disabled camping?!?! Mate of mine is in a wheelchair and is wondering does he HAVE to stay in the disabled campsite??? Or can he camp in Hendrix with the rest of the mates??

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

bigbudda wrote: »
    Any info on disabled camping?!?! Mate of mine is in a wheelchair and is wondering does he HAVE to stay in the disabled campsite??? Or can he camp in Hendrix with the rest of the mates??

Ta

If the weather turns out to be as bad as the forecast predicts - would it not be a nightmare getting around in the muck with a wheelchair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

**** so if you have a campervan there is no access on the Friday? :-/

So glad of the Campervan after hearing the forecast!

Listening to this at work at moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoLURSqTd8o&feature=related

The anticipation is starting to bubble up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Comedy times are on the site now for anyone that's interested.
    http://electricpicnic.ie/comedytent

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the weekend looks like turning quite wet at times. After a mainly dry start, a spell of heavy rain is expected to affect the country during Saturday and for much of Saturday night. But it should clear to the east later in the night. Present indications suggest that another spell of heavy rain will push in from the Atlantic later Sunday and Sunday night and continue well into Monday. Rainfall amounts could be significant, with a risk of some local spot flooding.

Ughh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Yea Saturday afternoon/night looks to be the worst of it all, so thats the time to get most drink into you... rest of the weekend doable sober'ish

Advertisement