Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://market.android.com/details?id=ie.shizzle

saw someone on facebook posted this app for Android, it's pretty good, handy for seeing what's coming up in the next few hours, or what the lineup is for a particular stage.
    can also click on the act and set a reminder on your phone for that time.

might be a few more features, haven't had time to mess around with it much.

only downside is that it only has the 5 main stages, no B&S etc, but they might be added now that the times are out, so do a manual update on it on thursday if you don't have app updates switched on, in case the other ones are added....

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

Any sign of a picnic app for the iPhone? It would be well handy. the Glastonbury one was unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Griff77 wrote: »
    Any sign of a picnic app for the iPhone? It would be well handy. the Glastonbury one was unreal!

not looking good in the app store :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

An alternative to using an app would be to bookmark (or add to home screen) this address: http://clashfinder.com/m/ep2011/ . It's the mobile version of the normal clashfinder website. On the full ClashFinder site, you can export the lineup to iCal and from there you can set up alarms for events and what not.

Would also be a good idea to save the site map as a picture on your phone for reference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So who are they going to get to replace the Vaccines, maybe Aphex Twin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

So who are they going to get to replace the Vaccines, maybe Aphex Twin.

No one at this stage. They released the timetable last week without The Vaccines included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Roll on weekend guys.....maybe a boards meetup should be arranged on the Sat?

Yeah that'd be a cool idea. I'm heading up by myself and meeting a few up there at different times.
    I think a boards meetup would be good....but I'm far too lazy to try and organise it. :pac: And if it's on the Saturday we can all distract each other from the rain.*

*this was not intended to sound rapey, just in case it does.... >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

That lad there

I paid a little less then that mind. Well worth if if you're hauling crates of swill.

Those foldable ones with the small wheels are useless. You need a sack trolley with wheels that can cope with the ground - Link

sack-trolley.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

1053657367a4803230992l.jpg

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Is it hard to get drink into the main arena from the campsites??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Matter of luck, to be honest. Just depends on what security person you get and what humour they're in.

Bendihorse wrote: »
    **** so if you have a campervan there is no access on the Friday? :-/

It says on the site "Campervans only can access on Thursday evening."
    I took this to mean that campervans can go down Thursday, but other days are cool to. Otherwise it would have said "campervans can only access on Thursdays evening." Typo maybe?

Can anyone clear this up? Goin in the campervan but cant make it until Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Concert Information Electric Picnic - Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois from 2 - 4 September 2011
    The campsite opens 09:00 Friday 2nd and will close 13:00 Monday 5th. Campervans only can access on Thursday evening.
    To view lineup timetable, click here.
    * Times are subject to change

and this
    CAR PARKING
    Please note the following:
    * All car parks are free of charge and will be well sign-posted on the respective roads.
    * Car parks will be accessed via the Abbeyleix/Cork Road .
    * Campervans will enter via the Timahoe road only.
    * Thursday night entry for campervans only (NO Cars allowed)
    * Disabled access will be via the Timahoe Road.
    * Family camping and carpark (note a special family ticket is required for access) will be via the Timahoe Road.
    * Please follow road signage and Garda instruction..

* Please note that these details are subject to change.

It kinda sounds like Campervans can enter from Thursday evening, where cars can't. I would assume that you can arrive on Friday in a campervan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Any recommendations for a first timer?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

Im in a campervan and im heading down friday. Think it should be ok. Hopefully not as much queing as the campervan site is open from thursday.

Anyone know if there is any drinks promotions on in any of the supermarkets for cans?

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Just relax and go with it. Maybe use some lubrication if you are nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Just relax and go with it. Maybe use some lubrication if you are nervous.

Not a surprising response for an After Hours mod:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

Pace yourself...

Not a surprising response for an After Hours mod:p

What?? I meant have a few beers and get with the flow of the event.

What you think I meant? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I was at creamfields in england just this weekend gone, my advice to all you picnickers.....go to the chemical brothers!! AMAZING!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

:cool:HELLO everybody i,d love to see arcade fire at the eletric picnic as i guess the picnic is always billed as the last festival of the summer but can anyone tell me is it worthwhile to spend 99 euro for the sake of just going to see one band (i think arcade fire are on the sunday) between getting there from sligo , food drink ect . i'm in between two minds ????

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JonT

Does anyone know, with Joe Bananas out of the picture, will there be a camping supply shop on site this year? If not, it'll be the first year without one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Just giving my own experience from last year -- didn't have Family tickets, but because we had a child with us, at the entrance EP staff told us we could camp in Family even without the proper ticket. We politely declined. After we had pitched our tent in the Quiet site, two more staff came over and offered to help us take down our tent and move all our stuff to the Family site if we wished.
    YMMV.
    If you have kids with you and you want to camp in the Family site but don't have the Family ticket, there's no harm asking.

Again, that wasn't our experience last year -- no problem entering Soul Kids provided you have a kid with you.

I'm glad that you had that happen as family tickets sell out quickly. I do know this year turning up without kids (kids coming later or saturday/sunday with grandparents etc)on the friday will not allow access, as I called the headoffice about it, it is also stated on website. I have gone twice and my kids have come later with the missus each year. Had a bit of delay getting in last year, so this year will go going with kids.

But then again, it all depends on the discretion of the security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Arcade Fire are not on the Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Maloney33

Cant wait, getting the Christmas stomach tingles. 3 more sleeps...:D

Weather looks good anyway..... OH wait NOTTTTT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Will i be able to buy a ticket from Ticketmaster at the gate? will they have a booth there??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jandek

Am I the only one ditching the chemical brothers for flying lotus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Maloney33

frser32 wrote: »
    Will i be able to buy a ticket from Ticketmaster at the gate? will they have a booth there??

Yeah i reckon so since its not sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Arcade Fire are playing Saturday, Pulp are playing Sunday. Also, this is the wrong thread, you're looking for the Electric Picnic one.

• Advertisement

jandek wrote: »
    Am I the only one ditching the chemical brothers for flying lotus?

Will watch the start of the Chems and catch the newer stuff like Horse Power and catch the the second half of Flying Lotus.

Advertisement