Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Charging up two old nokia phones that are pretty crap but the battery will last. Smart phone won't last a day I reckon!

I'm bringing a whopping 6000mAh of battery for my HTC Desire. Should do till for a day or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Charging up two old nokia phones that are pretty crap but the battery will last. Smart phone won't last a day I reckon!
    I'm bringing a whopping 6000mAh of battery for my HTC Desire. Should do till for a day or two!

I have a Nokia that only needs charging once a week (no colour screen or anything) and now I have 2 batteries for my smart phone so should be fine. Just worried about losing the smart phone now

budgemook wrote: »
    Just worried about losing the smart phone now

My worry is that it will get wet. Have brought some zip lock sandwich bags with me to keep my tech safe and dry (even in my pockets).

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Finally, the last of the stage times

http://stylesiren.ie/ep11-comedy-stage-times/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 totoro_kid

My worry is that it will get wet. Have brought some zip lock sandwich bags with me to keep my tech safe and dry (even in my pockets).

You guys are full of good ideas! I'm definitely doing this. Can't afford to get my phone wet. I'd be lost and lonely all weekend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

ando wrote: »
    anyone know where the best place is to get a large sheet of tarpaulin?

I would also like to know this

Got a Kingcamp pop up tent and now fearing the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

new and improved timetable now available

http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/timetable.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Where could I get a tarpaulin on such short notice?
    I would also like to know this

Got a Kingcamp pop up tent and now fearing the worst.

Any hardware store.. Texaco at the spawell is doing a big huge sheet of it for cheap with a refill of petrol.. Easily got and waterproof!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Will the car park be open on Sunday night after the arena closes?

I presume this is an option but I couldn't see anything on the website and have never had to leave early before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I'm a bit worried about my tent now, I had to get a new one this year and this will be my first time using it. Has anyone ever used this Pro Action tent in the rain and if so how did it hold up? It's got a double skin so I'm hoping it will be ok. Might wrap my stuff in binbags when it's raining just to be on the safe side.

The memories of my tent leaking on the Sunday night last year and me having no dry clothes are still strong.

Also, are the times out yet for thisispopbaby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Any hardware store.. Texaco at the spawell is doing a big huge sheet of it for cheap with a refill of petrol.. Easily got and waterproof!!

Picked a sheet up from Kingston Hardware off Baggot street. €11. Excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

moonflower wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried about my tent now, I had to get a new one this year and this will be my first time using it. Has anyone ever used this Pro Action tent in the rain and if so how did it hold up? It's got a double skin so I'm hoping it will be ok. Might wrap my stuff in binbags when it's raining just to be on the safe side.

The memories of my tent leaking on the Sunday night last year and me having no dry clothes are still strong.

Reviews of tent below seem fairly decent.

http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/9275654/reviews.htm

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know where we'd get something like this only a little bigger, want to put 2 tents under one. Argos have this for just under €50

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3400047/Trail/searchtext%3ETENT.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

the pitch is more important than the tent quality anyway.

Pitch it well.. not too tight and peg the outer skin away from the inner one and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

puzl wrote: »
    the pitch is more important than the tent quality anyway.

Pitch it well.. not too tight and peg the outer skin away from the inner one and you'll be grand.

and if you're going to use a groundsheet, make sure none of the groundsheet pokes out beyond your flysheet.
    Pokey out groundsheet will collect water and bring it under your tent creating a puddle for you to lie in.

If rain is forecast - those popup tents with no flysheet aren't meant to be the best for dealing with rain - I'd advise buying another tent before friday..... (sorry)...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Aldi were doing tarpaulin last week for €8. Might still have some in some stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Popsy wrote: »
    new and improved timetable now available

http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/timetable.pdf

is that timetable much different from the one a few days ago? I've a couple printed off so just wondering If i need to print the new one...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

brmccfc wrote: »
    is that timetable much different from the one a few days ago? I've a couple printed off so just wondering If i need to print the new one...

Has the Bacardi tent added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Lol @ everybody bringing tents inside tents! They should just roof the whole campsite. :pac:

forgive my ignorance but where? all i can see are the 5 main ones on that pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

look carefully brother

ah i see he linked the wrong one. had to find the new one on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

moonflower wrote: »

I bought the exact same tent.... so if it's ****e there could be at least two miserable people wandering around. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I bought the exact same tent.... so if it's ****e there could be at least two miserable people wandering around. :pac:

Bah ha I got the same one only it's a 4 man. Judging by the name it's top notch - "pro action". Deadly.

Arcade Fire are now playing for 90 mins. 10pm to 11.30.

Arcade Fire are now playing for 90 mins. 10pm to 11.30.

Nice one, will miss even more of Public Enemy now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Bah ha I got the same one only it's a 4 man. Judging by the name it's top notch - "pro action". Deadly.

Marketing teams wouldn't lie to us!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chopchopdigdig

May have been asked before but does anyone know if the match will be shown on site on Friday and if so where?

May have been asked before but does anyone know if the match will be shown on site on Friday and if so where?

You'll have to leave the festival and go into the town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chopchopdigdig

surely there would be somewhere on site!please god let there be somewhere on site. getting score updates on the phone is not the way to go!!

Advertisement