Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

May have been asked before but does anyone know if the match will be shown on site on Friday and if so where?

:pac:

Pub in the town's your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

surely there would be somewhere on site!please god let there be somewhere on site. getting score updates on the phone is not the way to go!!

They don't play any sports if they did friday they would have to show the hurling on sunday as well, so only way is into town, or you might be lucky and find a food stall with a tele that might let you watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

surely there would be somewhere on site!please god let there be somewhere on site. getting score updates on the phone is not the way to go!!

Its only a short walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Any time i've been to a festival before I've brought a big double skinned tent...went for a small pop up this time. Anyone know if it'll last the weekend dry inside??

http://goo.gl/ucgTK

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Mr November

If taxi drivers had any initiative, they'd be on the likes of these forums arranging pick ups & drop offs to the town for the match.
    COYBIG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

eoin99 wrote: »
    Any time i've been to a festival before I've brought a big double skinned tent...went for a small pop up this time. Anyone know if it'll last the weekend dry inside??

i have something similar, from reading the reviews on the argos website no, no they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

you need a foreskin tent that will keep the rain out and grow depending on how many people climb in :D

If taxi drivers had any initiative, they'd be on the likes of these forums arranging pick ups & drop offs to the town for the match.
    COYBIG!

There'd want to be one HUGE taxi rank for the couple of thousand thatd avail of it. :pac:

A few bus companies however could make a bob. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Those black and red Pro action tents mentioned above are aok, used the 4 man one for sea sessions was €24 quid for it, it seems to have gone up, but they're great lil tents, it rained for pretty much 3/4 of sea seassions and the tents were fine....

my tent this year was €9 ...now i'm slightly concerned bout this, with yer pro action tents :pac: ...home store had them on sale... also had camping mats for .99c! they must just of had a massive clearence

Last year i went down late on my own since my friends set everything up earlier... and there's 2 pubs side by side in town that i watched the match in then headed over to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

-=al=- wrote: »
    Those black and red Pro action tents mentioned above are aok, used the 4 man one for sea sessions was €24 quid for it, it seems to have gone up, but they're great lil tents, it rained for pretty much 3/4 of sea seassions and the tents were fine....

my tent this year was €9 ...now i'm slightly concerned bout this, with yer pro action tents :pac: ...home store had them on sale... also had camping mats for .99c! they must just of had a massive clearence

Last year i went down late on my own since my friends set everything up earlier... and there's 2 pubs side by side in town that i watched the match in then headed over to it

Hope you're right! Just bought one.

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    Hope you're right! Just bought one.

Wait, are they single layer or double layer?

Wait, are they single layer or double layer?

double.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    double.

Are you 100% on that?
    4 person dome tent.
    Assembly time 8 mins.
    1 room, mosquito nets2 air vents with sewn in groundsheet.
    Tent material: polyester taffeta.
    Pole material: shock-corded fibreglass.
    Hydrostatic head 1200mm.
    Taped seams.
    Single skin.
    Carry bag supplied.
    Overall size H130, W210, L240cm.
    Packed size L62, W16, D16cm.
    Packed weight 4.1kg.

Says single skin

I think some of them are single, some double

Are you 100% on that?

Says single skin

I stand corrected....:o:o:o:o I'm not an expert on tents, i thought the flysheet counted as a skin. Sorry bout that. :\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

No Eoin,

Our very similar regata one got flooded with 3 inches of water on the sunday night last year, I actually thought i was going to expire on the side of a hill in Stradbally. This year, we are bringing a caravan!

Beg borrow or steal a deacent tent, its not worth the scrimp!
    eoin99 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Anyone looking for tarpaulins, i picked up a sheet that was 5 X 4 metres in B&Q on the belgard road today for 15.50, should be big enough to cover my tent, there were in the gardening section to save yall time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The one Pro actioner I had was single maybe that's why it was cheaper, but if they leak and you can find me, you can stay in my tent :pac:

(Offer non-applicable to XY chromosome beings)

The one Pro actioner I had was single maybe that's why it was cheaper, but if they leak and you can find me, you can stay in my tent :pac:

(Offer non-applicable to XY chromosome beings)

No I won't stay in a single layer tent again. If you touch off the inside of them at all you get soaked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Any musical tips for the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

anyone looking for a tent - or any camping stuff for that matter - was in Millets in the Square today and they are doing amazing deals - 75% off a lot of tents - which means a really decent tent for feck all if you're looking for one.

was almost tempted to upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Bendihorse wrote: »
    No Eoin,

Our very similar regata one got flooded with 3 inches of water on the sunday night last year, I actually thought i was going to expire on the side of a hill in Stradbally. This year, we are bringing a caravan!

Beg borrow or steal a deacent tent, its not worth the scrimp!

Cheers for that! A few friends are bringing a 6 man one...can always crash there if i get flooded!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

check out "the cast of cheers" on sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

maximoose wrote: »
    ando wrote: »
    anyone know where the best place is to get a large sheet of tarpaulin?

I would also like to know this

Got a Kingcamp pop up tent and now fearing the worst.
    Any hardware shop should have them, builders use them to make shelter over their work when it pisses down! They are very handy, even have ringholes you could stick tentpegs through to secure them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just got a tent in Portwest for 42 euros. Looks good, 4 man, double layer. Down from 70 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

anyone looking for a tent - or any camping stuff for that matter - was in Millets in the Square today and they are doing amazing deals - 75% off a lot of tents - which means a really decent tent for feck all if you're looking for one.

was almost tempted to upgrade!

They had that offer on a month ago aswell, I only noticed it after we had bought our tent for Indiependence, looked to have really good tents for €100 and under

Right so, the big question.

What good beer deals are going around the place at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Recommend tents with sewn in groundsheets(keeps out draughts and rain), and an inner and outer flysheet part. Single skins will probably leak with a lot of constant heavy rain.
    You get what you pay for like everything else, probably too late now but wild country/terra nova tents are the ones to buy but not to be left behind unless yer rich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

seen 24 cans of miller for 27.50 at tescos

Advertisement