Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

2pm - are you nuts?
    plenty space all wkend.
    arrive sunday afternoon if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The forecasts has improved slightly according to met.ie. http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Rain will spread eastwards to all areas on Friday night and will be persistent and heavy in places. It will clear away to the east by noon on Saturday with sunny spells and scattered showers following for the rest of the day. Highest temperatures of 15 to 18 degrees with moderate westerly breezes. Sunday will a cool day with highest temperatures of 13 to 17 degrees. It will start off dry and bright over most of the country. However, rain will develop in the west early in the day and then spread eastwards to all areas. It will clear in the evening and early night with showers or longer spells of rain following. Monday will be cool, blustery and showery with fresh westerly winds and temperatures between 13 and 16 degrees. Further spells of rain or showers will spread from the west on Tuesday with some heavy falls possible in Munster and south Leinster. Scattered showers will follow on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Went to check my ticket on Tuesday to make sure all was still there and... I left it against a lamp in my room, lamo is never used so I don't know who had it on but the ticket was burnt black straight down the middle :o got in touch with Ticketmaster and I had to post it to them in Dublin with registered post, all day yesterday it was still saying "on route to customer" so I was shi**ing it... But this morning I got a nice surprise when I got a new shiny ticket in the door... Massive thanks to Ticketmaster for sorting it so quick and now I truly can not wait!.. 10 hours until I finish work and only a short drive tomorrow morning... Lets be having you!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I watched the weather forecasts last night. Here's my prediction:

Friday will be pretty nice during the day but in the evening will get worse and we'll get drenched friday night. (be prepared). Saturday and particularly Sunday will be ok again, maybe not sunshine but not too much in the way of rain.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

DeVore wrote: »

Friday will be pretty nice during the day but in the evening will get worse and we'll get drenched friday night. (be prepared). Saturday and particularly Sunday will be ok again, maybe not sunshine but not too much in the way of rain.

DeV.

That will do. I have mentally prepared for a washout so anything better will be awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

latest weather just in here

looks like its going to be good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 radicalcleric

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

If you look at the 5 day forecast map on Met Eireann, they are predicting lots of rain Friday evening in the west and north, but Laois is looking pretty dry. It's going to get wet in the early hours of Saturday morning, but I'll take that, particularly compared to the washout that was being predicted as recently as yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

This year is my first time not driving/getting lift and just wondering where the buses leave you off in Stradbally....do they all drop off at the coach drop off point on Timahoe Road? Do you have to walk around then to the main entrance to get wristband etc before getting into campsite?

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Marseepan

rothai wrote: »
    latest weather just in here

looks like its going to be good:D

Oh! Nimbo Cumulos :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Is there a new timetable knocking around....?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They uploaded a new version to their website which now includes the Bacardi Together tent.

To be honest though, http://www.clashfinder.com/s/ep2011 is a far better resource. You can highlight the bands that you want to see and customise it to display as many stages as you'd like before printing it out. The mobile version of the site: http://www.clashfinder.com/m/ep2011 also lists all the stages and allows for searching to make it easier to find who you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Ye are all killing me:mad::mad::o

I'm mad to go but a lack of funds and the usual group of people I usually go with are either abroad at the min or flat out working over the weekend.

Don't worry about the weather, it's going to be great especially since I'm not going to it. About 2 weeks ago when there was still a chance of me going I said to myself "I can smell the nice weather for EP already":D It's definitely going to be nice, believe me!

Positivity Folks POSITIVITY!!

I live only 20 mins away from Stradbally and the weather is looking good so far, if it stays like this for the weekend ye will be sorted. It has'nt rained all week so the ground should be pretty dry so if it does rain a small bit it should'nt get too muddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭cancercowboy

I just spent €135 on posh rain gear so I truly hope it rains, at least a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Anybody driving down from Dublin on Friday got room for two more? Everything has fallen through so far, we're getting a little desperate at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The extent of my rain gear is a black bin bag :P

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

it can pour all it likes
    i've got top of the range golf raingear, an inflatable dinghy, ample supply of booze, and a ticket
    lock and load, rock and roll, etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

GTFO.

Why does it always start with 'packing as little as possible', and before you know it, you need a JCB to move your bag :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Seeking a Saturday AM lift for 2 from Dublin if anyone has room in the back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

gemi wrote: »
    This year is my first time not driving/getting lift and just wondering where the buses leave you off in Stradbally....do they all drop off at the coach drop off point on Timahoe Road? Do you have to walk around then to the main entrance to get wristband etc before getting into campsite?

Thanks!!

Don't know the name of the road, but Bus Eireann drop off at the normal stop as their daily route would be. Bout 15 min walk to entance where ya would pick up wrist bands then.

opr wrote: »
    The extent of my rain gear is a black bin bag :P

Opr

Yeah that works if you're short, wearing a mini-skirt, or both. Otherwise your trousers get all wet.

Ladies: if your tent gets wet you're free to bunk with me, I'm the devastatingly handsome gent in the camouflage rain gear.

I heard there is paintball onsite, any truth to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There is (or was judging by when the page was last updated) a paintball place beside the grounds though it isn't affiliated with the festival as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭RINO87

I am travelling from Birr Offaly early tomorrow morning with an empty car, as I am meeting hardy souls that have been working on site all week! Gladly offer anyone a lift, I will be passing thru Roscrea, Borris-of-Misery, Castletown, Mountrath, Portlaoise early tomorrow!!
    Might work out cheaper for people from Limerick/the south to just get a bus to Roscrea and I can pick up there!!!

Shame to arrive in an empty car!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

There is Paintball on the camping map, up by Entrance Gate 7 & Arena Entrance 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

Thats very nice of you to offer lifts..
    Will there be a back log of cars going in on Fri, whats the best time to avoid this if the case, not one for sitting in a stream of cars not moving! Would the majority be there by lunch time or is it continuous throughout most og the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭RINO87

I usually plan to get there by 11am and just sail on in, no tailbacks whatsoever, one year i left it till after lunch tho and the snarl ups were pretty bad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Anybody driving down from Dublin on Friday got room for two more? Everything has fallen through so far, we're getting a little desperate at this point.

I might be able to help you out. Where in Dublin are you based?

Send me a PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

ok sounds good! Might get closer parking if arrive early too!! Less walking, although i dont know anything about the lay out as never there b4. You sound like a regular!!

Advertisement