Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

For information purposes, those of you that are hunting for a tarpaulin waterproof sheet to cover your tent or whatever, Aldi do 4mx3m for €8... lots left in the Coolock Aldi this morning.

Also, BEER... Dunness are doing 24 cans for €27.50 of Bud and Carlsberg saving €21!!! Northside shopping centre but possibly nationwide..

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Last minute look for a cooler box or bag, anyone know of anywhere common does them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭RINO87

Dunno if arriving early will get you closer in the carpark to be honest. Im not sure what way they fill them because as ive said earlier I usually arrive at 11am, sometimes to carpark A or B, but sometimes in the ones further away. None of them are an awful trek anyways, unless the standby ones are used, if they are theres a tractor and trailer to give you a lift!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

I might be able to help you out. Where in Dublin are you based?

Send me a PM :)

That's the spirit.

Right i'm finished work now. Heading up from Galway at 9 tomorrow, so this time tomorrow i'll be sitting down to my first can and a pre-rolled. :D

Safe trip everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

Thats ok as long as not sitting in traffic for ages...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Bought my ticket today in ticketmaster outlet in Galway. The guy in there says it has been selling well in the last week, but is unlikely to totally sell out.

good i dont even have a ticket yet! So ya reckon there wont be a good turn out for it this year.... b4 I buy a ticket! I wonder are people put off because of the weather, this time of year we used to have great weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

rustopher wrote: »
    Thats very nice of you to offer lifts..
    Will there be a back log of cars going in on Fri, whats the best time to avoid this if the case, not one for sitting in a stream of cars not moving! Would the majority be there by lunch time or is it continuous throughout most og the day?

Very nice of him indeed,,,,thats if he is not a mass murderer of course,or a serial rapist....:) :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Honestly?

Barry Murphy is scheduled for 15 minutes on Saturday in the comedy tent, and that's it?

I know EP is a nice junket for stand-ups (more power to them), but isn't that taking the piss in terms of scheduling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Last minute look for a cooler box or bag, anyone know of anywhere common does them?

Picking up one of these boys later on...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3402708/Trail/searchtext%3ECOOLER+BAG.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

how much on average do people spend??
    wondering how much to take - wont be spending any on booze, mostly food and snacks and who knows what else there is to spend money on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

that looks good - just looked up availability in stephens green argos but they're out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

When is a good time to head down?

Me and some mates are leavin dublin around 11, but I feel its a bit late to get a decent spot... :( they refuse to leave earlier though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Korvanica wrote: »
    When is a good time to head down?

Me and some mates are leavin dublin around 11, but I feel its a bit late to get a decent spot... :( they refuse to leave earlier though..

There will be plenty of room until around Friday evening, I wouldnt worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Getting a lift off a mate and one of em wanted to leave at 7! I've convinced 'em that 8 will suffice, f this!

as for funds, didn't spend too much last year at all, most of it was booze in the event and some food off of the stalls, depends what you pre pack with ya really or how ya wanna roll down there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is it better to bring your own alcohol down or can you just go to stradballey and get it there in the village?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Raoul wrote: »
    Is it better to bring your own alcohol down or can you just go to stradballey and get it there in the village?

I'd bring your own. You wouldn't know what they'd be charging really and are perfectly in their rights to charge 1.50 - 2 euros a can. You should search for deals wherever you are first so that you have a good choice.

LOL true!! Anyway all i need now is a ticket because i am a last minute fool! Can i still buy in the morn or can I buy up there (if not sold out) that would save me the trip into town tom!!????Has anyone bought their ticket there before??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Work over. Let the fun times begin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

LOL true!! Anyway all i need now is a ticket because i am a last minute fool! Can i still buy in the morn or can I buy up there (if not sold out) that would save me the trip into town tom!!????Has anyone bought their ticket there before??

You can buy there - lots of tickets still to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone going through Naas after 5 Friday evening with a spot in their car? got a mate whos stuck in work till then and currently has no way down there

PM please and we can sort details

Edit : All sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

alastair wrote: »

You can buy there - lots of tickets still to sell.
    Will there be a queue for the ticketmaster booth at the gate though? I might just buy one online tonight and print it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

have around 90 beans of spending money, drink all bought and a small bit of nosh but not too much, will that keep me going??

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Anyone know of a timetable, in the order they appear not how big they are on the billing?

I can see the websites timetable becoming very difficult to understand after a few cans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bootsy111

can you buy a ticket there tomorrow morn at the box office?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    have around 90 beans of spending money, drink all bought and a small bit of nosh but not too much, will that keep me going??

Loads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

bryaner wrote: »
    Loads..

sound! as long as I don't spend it on a novelty hat I'll be sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bootsy111

Anyone know of a timetable, in the order they appear not how big they are on the billing?

I can see the websites timetable becoming very difficult to understand after a few cans.

http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/timetable.pdf

can anyone help me with my Question!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,690 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

bootsy111 wrote: »
    can you buy a ticket there tomorrow morn at the box office?

Yep, that's no problem whatsoever...just be careful with that much cash in your hand!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    sound! as long as I don't spend it on a novelty hat I'll be sound

Bar it's edible..

Advertisement