Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭julie2tubz

passive wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can get a bus one way with Bus Eireann? last bus is at 12 on the Monday, and I'm working 'til then (selling tea). Don't want to pay €28 for a one way ticket...

Also, any ideas on how someone can escape Stradbally after 1 on Monday? :)

I was told by Buseireann when I emailed them that a number of one way tickets will be available from their staff when I am going home on Sunday evening to go back. Let's hope they weren't bullsh1tting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

julie2tubz wrote: »
    I was told by Buseireann when I emailed them that a number of one way tickets will be available from their staff when I am going home on Sunday evening to go back. Let's hope they weren't bullsh1tting.
    1 way tickets can be bought:) well. the past years they have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Billbooo

Oh cant wait, time to get up!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

Hey all

I'm not heading up till tomorrow evening and i have two options i can go for tangerine fields or camp normally.:confused:

My questions are would i miss on all the craic if i camp in T Fields ?
    Would i be dealing with right snobs ?

Reason that i'm leaning towards T Fields is it might be safer as its just me and my sister and neither of us have been to EP before so i don't know much about it at all .

But is all the fun and banter in the normal campsites ? :p

And could ye reccomend which campsite is safest but also good craic ;)

Thanking you in advance if you can help me out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭greenasgrass

Pack your raincoat. Mad rain moving over from the west.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Sigh. I decided I wouldn't go this year, then just had one last look at the lineup today and now I am so depressed. Foster The People, Oh Land, Edward Sharpe, Best Coast, Lykke Li, so many great bands. :( Quick, somebody say something comforting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

coconut5 wrote: »
    Sigh. I decided I wouldn't go this year, then just had one last look at the lineup today and now I am so depressed. Foster The People, Oh Land, Edward Sharpe, Best Coast, Lykke Li, so many great bands. :( Quick, somebody say something comforting.

hey, I'm in the same boat so let's seek comfort in the fact come Monday we won't be soaking wet, hungover beyond belief and down a few hundred euro with nothing to show for it but manky clothes and a week of depression and a nasty come-down:)

hey, I'm trying!

I was gutted when I saw the lineup too, best one I've ever missed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dudes and ladies have a great weekend, come home safe albeit damp.

Zola Jesus on Sunday is not to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

Hey,

Just making my maiden voyage up to the Picnic and looking for some advice - campsites to head to/avoid etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭yogi beer

I hope it rains.
    Sincerely,
    Mr.Bitterlypoor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bopbuddy

Howdy,
    For the first year i only going on the Sunday, Family commitments and all thst,
    Does anyone know what the craic is with Sunday tickets and access to the campsites?
    The rave in the woods will still be accessible at 4 in the morning!?

Wish i was there now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

Sunday passes can't camp. so i'd go with no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Mate arrived back to his tent to find only the pegs, entire tent gone and everything in it (phone, ipod, cash, clothes, sleeping gear).

Hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Can you buy Sunday Tickets at the gates on Sunday in Stradbally or does it have to be through Ticketmaster or other outlets?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can you buy Sunday Tickets at the gates on Sunday in Stradbally or does it have to be through Ticketmaster or other outlets?

There will be a TM stand down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

lordgoat wrote: »
    There will be a TM stand down there.

Thanks, first time going wasn't sure!:)

nm wrote: »
    Mate arrived back to his tent to find only the pegs, entire tent gone and everything in it (phone, ipod, cash, clothes, sleeping gear).

Hate that.

that's awful, looks like the scummy carry on we've associated with Oxegen is spreading to Stradbally. Tangerine Fields is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bopbuddy

I have been informed by an unreliable friend that the picnic is sold out, any truth to that?
    I'm heading down on Sunday to buy a ticket on the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

bopbuddy wrote: »
    I have been informed by an unreliable friend that the picnic is sold out, any truth to that?

Would you not just check ticketmaster.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

nm wrote: »

Hate that.

Why had he left his phone, ipod and cash in there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Why had he left his phone, ipod and cash in there?

Obviously cause he's not the smartest. That's besides the point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

can Anybody recommend the best public transport from dublin to the picnic after 6pm this evening?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What a night! Mad day eating and eating and looking at all the mad art installations and craft shops. The we hit up the salty dog stage which is a pirate ship acting as a tree house in jamacian Trenchtown. It's mental. From there to arcadia with techno and fire. Chilled out to evil robot (?) In the electric tent and then caught the end of the set in Body and Soul. Rain didn't halt play and my tent was perfectly dry despite the rest of the nights drenching. Never appreciated clothing as much as my fathers golf rain gear last night!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

bopbuddy wrote: »

Sunday tickets are still on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

indiewindy wrote: »
    Sunday tickets are still on sale

+1. Just picked up two Sunday tickets in TM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

i know it's prob a longshot but does anyone know if the picnic is a mudfest or is it still fairly dry? Am heading there tomorrow, want to know if wellies will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Damp but firm thus far. (thats what she said) Had to break out dust masks yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

Its an UNBELIEVABLE killer not to be there :( BAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

been looking at twitter, Arcade Fire going down a storm apparently. All the comments on twitter have been very positive all day. Very little negative. Sounds great.

BAH! :(

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    been looking at twitter, Arcade Fire going down a storm apparently. All the comments on twitter have been very positive all day. Very little negative. Sounds great.

BAH! :(

yeah, it's a bit sickening alright. I'm trying to avoid it but it's on the radio everyt time I tune in :D

Advertisement