Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was just offered a cheap ticket for tomorrow too. But I've an interview Monday and cant contact my friends there so... best stick with the original plan of staying home and being boring :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

*sigh

and bono's on with arcade fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

fits wrote: »
    been looking at twitter, Arcade Fire going down a storm apparently. All the comments on twitter have been very positive all day. Very little negative. Sounds great.

BAH! :(
    fits wrote: »
    and bono's on with arcade fire.

Ah well there's your negative right there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Obviously cause he's not the smartest. That's besides the point though.

No it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

No it's not.

The point was that the whole tent was robbed which would indicate that they were going to rob it all anyways. He just stupidly left his valuables in his tent.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The point was that the whole tent was robbed which would indicate that they were going to rob it all anyways. He just stupidly left his valuables in his tent.

I don't see your point. By leaving valuables in his tent, he got what he deserved really. There is theft at every festival so anyone who leave valuable stuff in their tents deserves little sympathy.

I don't see your point. By leaving valuables in his tent, he got what he deserved really. There is theft at every festival so anyone who leave valuable stuff in their tents deserves little sympathy.

The reason that he left valuables in his tent (him being thick) was beside the point. The point was that the robbery occurred and most likely would have occurred even if it had just been 10 cans of beer left there.

Absolutely, I think we're arguing different points here :)

All I'm saying is theft happens at every festival, so it's wrong to talk about "the scummy element we associate with Oxegen" as someone did earlier. Taking valuables with you is stupid enough, leaving them in your tent is retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Oh god just shut up.

Who cares why he left whatever in the tent.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Oh god just shut up.

Who cares why he left whatever in the tent.

We've established why he did it. He's a bit thick. That's it isn't it Mick?

Seems that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Went up for a day yesterday (Sat), first time at EP :o

Everyone seemed so chilled and genuinely sound comparing to Oxegen, none of my friends stuff got robbed and there was barely any pushing even at the front of the main stage.

Although there was this one drunk guy who was annoying everyone and was aggresively trying to get to the front so we called a security guy and pushed him towards the front at the same time... :D Arcade Fire had no idea why we were cheering and clapping all of a sudden :D

Thats the end of MY oxegens..EP and european festivals all the way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Was there a big fire?

http://www.twitvid.com/P6V4Z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I hear somebody got all his stuff nicked, along with his tent.

Is there any truth behind this rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭selephonic

Billy86 wrote: »
    I hear somebody got all his stuff nicked, along with his tent.

Is there any truth behind this rumour?

A friend of mine had his entire tent stolen on Friday night, a fold up tent, picked up and moved. Luckily he had most of his stuff in my tent. After a couple of hours of searching in the rain we found it, with a few guys inside. Security were great, 4 of them came down and caught them. The lads were arrested and taken to Portlaoise but on Saturday afternoon we spotted them again this time with performer wristbands, got security involved again and the one we could catch this time was thrown out again. Probably got in again though.

Another friend had his camera and some clothes nicked from his tent on Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

lads, I wasn't there this year but who do you were your highlights?
    Were the Chemical Brothers any good? Did anyone see Paul Kalkbrenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

nm wrote: »
    Was there a big fire?

http://www.twitvid.com/P6V4Z
    Off site, there was another fire, but this was the real thing, as a shed went up in flames near one of the festival car parks. At least three fire engines attended, and even after pelting rain on Sunday morning, the scene was still smouldering several hours later.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0905/1224303500618.html

Haven't gone since 2009:(. Was it any good this year?

Ah well there's your negative right there! :)
    haha, i knew someone would say that.

Ended up going down for a few hours yesterday. Fab atmosphere but I always think Sunday is the best day anyway. Saw Beirut, underworld, pulp, Julio Bashmore, hung out at bacardi for a while, hung out in body and soul for a while. Really great vibe to the place. Everyone was in great form and I didnt see any messing at all.

I'm going for the weekend next year, end of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm home after a fantastic weekend. Except for the downpours on fri night/sat morning the weather was fantastic. Arcade fire was awesome but my highlights were:
    Foster the People
    Santigold
    Death in Vegas
    The Minutes
    The Go! Team
    and finally, PULP. Jarvis Cocker is a god for us geeks!

We had no issues with theft but we did hear a few Dublin skangers wandering through Hendrix Sunday morning spoiling for a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

What a weekend, super super festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

What a weekend! Flying Lotus, Trentemoller, Adebisi Shank, The Cast of Cheers, Warpaint, Underworld and Pulp all kicked my ass! The Dirty Rave was class too, "I'm getting paid to take yokes, and ye're not... But ye're still on yokes!" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I really hope Underworld announce a solo gig here, they were class.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Back, bag emptied and showered.

My first EP but it'll be my first of many. It was such a great weekend and Arcade Fire were just as good as when they played the O2 last year. Too many highlights to mention now as I need to go sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Went up for a day yesterday (Sat), first time at EP :o

Everyone seemed so chilled and genuinely sound comparing to Oxegen, none of my friends stuff got robbed and there was barely any pushing even at the front of the main stage.

Although there was this one drunk guy who was annoying everyone and was aggresively trying to get to the front so we called a security guy and pushed him towards the front at the same time... :D Arcade Fire had no idea why we were cheering and clapping all of a sudden :D

Thats the end of MY oxegens..EP and european festivals all the way!!

No pushing? What Main Stage were you at for AF? :pac:

Fantastic weekend to be fair!
    The Highlights: Arcade Fire were amazing, Pulp just simply EPIC, Twin Shadow, Cast of Cheers, Adebisi Shank, ASIWYFA, Warpaint, The Undertones. All just brilliant. Oh, David O'Doherty and Omid Djalili were class.
    The only lowlights (if I had to pick some) would be the stream of people shouting "ALAN!! STEVE!!" over and over and over and over and over again, the group of six people drinking right outside my tent from two in the morning till about sixish, but these gripes fade into insignificance when you take the full weekend into account, some laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Highlights, pulp, arcade fire, omd(check out crazy dancing)

Didn't seem as busy as previous years, great atmos though

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

HOW AWESOME WAS THAT?!?

First time at EP and I loved it. Absolutely mad. Arrived in style on Friday late morning and had everything set up by lunchtime. Time for a PIMMS (or a can of lager :) )

First stop was the Electric arena, then I ate just about every type of food on the site, then arcadia for a ridiculously over the top rave in the rain. Then back to Body and Soul main stage area for a band who's name I never caught. They were the last band on for the night, anyone know them??
    The rain was mental on Friday but somehow seemed to really bind everyone together, but no one seemed to care about the rain!

I think I should get a nobel prize for weather prediction for this:
    DeVore wrote: »
    I watched the weather forecasts last night. Here's my prediction:

Friday will be pretty nice during the day but in the evening will get worse and we'll get drenched friday night. (be prepared). Saturday and particularly Sunday will be ok again, maybe not sunshine but not too much in the way of rain.

DeV.

Salty Dog stage was amazing, basically a giant pirate ship in the trees of the forest! Rubberbandits were surprisingly good and Death in Vegas were slow to start but just destroyed at the end.

Great trip, great sounds, great festival. Definitely going next year!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    No pushing? What Main Stage were you at for AF? :pac:

Fantastic weekend to be fair!
    The Highlights: Arcade Fire were amazing, Pulp just simply EPIC, Twin Shadow, Cast of Cheers, Adebisi Shank, ASIWYFA, Warpaint, The Undertones. All just brilliant. Oh, David O'Doherty and Omid Djalili were class.
    The only lowlights (if I had to pick some) would be the stream of people shouting "ALAN!! STEVE!!" over and over and over and over and over again, the group of six people drinking right outside my tent from two in the morning till about sixish, but these gripes fade into insignificance when you take the full weekend into account, some laugh. :D

Thats really annoying and not one bit funny, people should stick to just starting the mass groups of shouting instead, its an oldie but a classic :D

Ham Sandwich were my band of the weekend, they were really chuffed at the crowd that went to see them because Arcade Fire were on at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great weekend.

Highlights were Arcade Fire, go team, Japanese Popstars, Underworld.

Lowlights
    Chemical Brothers, Lack of space in the campsite. Price of pints.

Overall a great weekend seen a lot of music will defo be going back.

Advertisement