Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

gazzer wrote: »
    Unless they sort out the over zealous security guards taking drink off people even when the bars are shut I wont be going this year. Last year was just rediculous with the security operation on drink. It was like going through security in a airport.

so thats all your really worried bout is getting drink into the main arena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To be honest, I don't think I'd be able to make it the full weekend so, while I agree day tickets will probably cost the festival a bit of it's vibe in the long run, it suits me down to the ground just this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Day tickets :(
    That's s***
    Kinda unfair too on people that already got earlybirds & were unaware that day tickets would be available.

On Ticketmaster, day tickets for Sunday are already advertised, priced €99. So it looks like this is definitely true, unfortunately. Interestingly no day tickets up for Fri/Sat yet. I wonder are they worried about people buying day tickets and staying the whole weekend? So they're going to only sell them for Sunday? You hear stories of that happening at Oxegen & I'm sure it'd be a balls from an organisational point of view.

Hopefully Arcade Fire will be on the Saturday :pac:

Edit: Sunday tickets removed from Ticketmaster now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

WPJ33 wrote: »
    im just hoping to see caribou playing in body and soul area again
    One year late mate, twas last year he played B & S at EP, he is playing Forbidden Fruit on the Sunday tho.
    edit: Feck sorry just realised you said again!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

littleman wrote: »

Not feeling like youre in a prison yard is important to the atmosphere, yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

well they sold day tickets in 2005 and it was grand.
    the spirit of the festival has been ruined by the constant cost cutting by the promoters, with little to no improvements in the festival facilities, not to mention the increasing amount of scumbags there.

no they haven't.

All of this +1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

littleman wrote: »

No its not. However when the majority of the security is been used on checking who has alcohol and there is not enough security around to deal with wall hoppers and asb then it is a big problem. The amount of security checking for alcohol last year was unreal, despite this there were massive q's at certain times that were pretty unsafe.

In addition the bars shut way too early and I dont think it is unreasonable to be allowed bring your alcohol in (and Im not taking about litres of vodka here) after a certain hour without feeling like you are a criminal.

The bars shut at 10.30pm and there is stuff going on at EP for hours after that. Im not saying that alcohol is the most important part of my EP experience but it is one of the most expensive if you are being forced to buy alcohol from one of the stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

you were allowed bring beer in after the bars closed last year as far as I remember at least I don't remember anyone stopping me, fair enough that they don't let you during the day!

As for arcade fire think that's pretty much a certainty heard them interview after playing oxegen last year and they were asked which one they preferred playing, they just laughed and said they'd preferred not to answer!

Also the oxegen crowd decided to go see Dave Gueta/fatboy slim instead of going to see Arcade fire on the main stage, only about 5000 people went to see arcade fire, thier loss EP's gain!

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    you were allowed bring beer in after the bars closed last year as far as I remember at least I don't remember anyone stopping me, fair enough that they don't let you during the day!

As for arcade fire think that's pretty much a certainty heard them interview after playing oxegen last year and they were asked which one they preferred playing, they just laughed and said they'd preferred not to answer!

Also the oxegen crowd decided to go see Dave Gueta/fatboy slim instead of going to see Arcade fire on the main stage, only about 5000 people went to see arcade fire, thier loss EP's gain!

Yeh I checked that out last year, I brought in a few cans no bother after 10.30, but was told to drink them up before I entered any of the marquees, which defeats the purpose of bringing them in, in first place. Mind you, this was only cans that were visible in your hand, when I got inside the marquee I would just go into my bag and open another.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rolo454

gazzer wrote: »
    Unless they sort out the over zealous security guards taking drink off people even when the bars are shut I wont be going this year. Last year was just rediculous with the security operation on drink. It was like going through security in a airport.

Security only took drink off people while the bars were open as the drink sales in the bars pays for a lot of the festival. It's understandable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tipptipp

RADIOHEAD TO PLAY THE PICNIC - i think a loud as im listen to "the king of limbs" :)

roll on the EP ,,,,

In the 'Please Note' section, it still states no day tickets.
    You'd think they'd get rid of that if they're planning on selling day tickets. But I suppose they could just be a bit slow.
    I guess we might find out on Thursday for sure. It would be some u-turn.
    Also, they usually don't release the daily line-up until a couple of days beforehand. They'll have to change that, if they're going to sell day tickets.

150814.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mickey86

tipptipp wrote: »
    RADIOHEAD TO PLAY THE PICNIC - i think a loud as im listen to "the king of limbs" :)

roll on the EP ,,,,

woohoo!

tipptipp wrote: »

roll on the EP ,,,,

Any truth or basis to this?? Would love it but can't see it happening, their last tour they wouldn't play anywhere without proper public transport so only festivals they played were in the centre of city's, hopefully there lossening up in their old age and will play the picnic! but who knows!

While we're starting rumour Bowie to come out of retirement and play the picnic!

Any truth or basis to this?? Would love it but can't see it happening, their last tour they wouldn't play anywhere without proper public transport so only festivals they played were in the centre of city's, hopefully there lossening up in their old age and will play the picnic! but who knows!

While we're starting rumour Bowie to come out of retirement and play the picnic!

No there's no truth in it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

So I went to a ticketmaster outlet today and they said the tickets aren't on sale anymore?
    Have I lost the chance to pick one up at the early bird price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

revz wrote: »
    So I went to a ticketmaster outlet today and they said the tickets aren't on sale anymore?
    Have I lost the chance to pick one up at the early bird price?

They seem to be still for sale on Ticketmaster here.

Roger Waters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Primal Scream-Screamadelica are on Oxegen:confused:
    Doesn't make sense, all the 16 yr olds wont have a clue who those old fogeys are.

Picnic would have been perfect for them.

No pulp on oxegen line up. Sweetnessssss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

imelda may to play oxegen aswell,hopefully she doesnt rule out doing picnic this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

lordgoat wrote: »
    No pulp on oxegen line up. Sweetnessssss
    fingers crossed for the picnic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Primal Scream-Screamadelica are on Oxegen:confused:
    Doesn't make sense, all the 16 yr olds wont have a clue who those old fogeys are.

Picnic would have been perfect for them.

This is why the organiser of the picnic should be shot once again for dropping the ball. Primal scream were a shoe-in for the picnic.

what the hell are the doing at oxegen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Bowlardo wrote: »
    This is why the organiser of the picnic should be shot once again for dropping the ball. Primal scream were a shoe-in for the picnic.

$$$$$$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No Everything Everything, Delphic, Cut//Copy, Go Team, Cast of Cheers for Oxegen, this is great news to me.

As well as Pulp & Everything Everything, the following are missing from the Oxegen line-up vs TITP:
    Manic Street Preachers, Tom Jones, White Lies, KT Tunstall, Blondie, Ocean Colour Scene, Hurts, The Streets, Villagers & Eliza Doolittle.
    Some of them might be included in 'much more to be announced' but a few might be playing EP.

A few of them would definitely be better suited to EP, as Primal Scream are. I wonder how much extra they get for playing Oxegen? And why pay them a shed load of cash & probably give them a bad time slot?

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    As well as Pulp & Everything Everything, the following are missing from the Oxegen line-up vs TITP:
    Manic Street Preachers, Tom Jones, White Lies, KT Tunstall, Blondie, Ocean Colour Scene, Hurts, The Streets, Villagers & Eliza Doolittle.
    Some of them might be included in 'much more to be announced' but a few might be playing EP.

A few of them would definitely be better suited to EP, as Primal Scream are. I wonder how much extra they get for playing Oxegen? And why pay them a shed load of cash & probably give them a bad time slot?

Assume that this is oxegens way of trying to get people that wouldn't normally go to go to it. As for Primal Scream assume this is a money maker for them before they retire, pity though would have love that at the picnic, would have been a lot more suited than other act they have put on such as roxy music last year!

Know I haven't seen the line up yet but they really dropped the ball on that one and hope it isn't a sign of things to come tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Bowlardo wrote: »

Who says they dropped the ball - maybe the EP didn't want Primal Scream. They played in 2007. I'd rather see a new acts playing than the organisers rolling out the same old crowd pleasers.

Doinker wrote: »
    Who says they dropped the ball - maybe the EP didn't want Primal Scream. They played in 2007. I'd rather see a new acts playing than the organisers rolling out the same old crowd pleasers.

Point taken, but EP have had a habt of rolling out act from previous years over the last year or two so I wouldn't hope for that, I'm hearing Chems (2007) and Ardace Fire (2005) for two headliners this year!

So wouldn't hold my breathe for acts you havn't seen before, although I'm just guessing here, but would have liked to see the screamedelica show at EP would have suited the crowed, and would have been different to what they played in 2007

• Advertisement

Point taken, but EP have had a habt of rolling out act from previous years over the last year or two so I wouldn't hope for that, I'm hearing Chems (2007) and Ardace Fire (2005) for two headliners this year!

So wouldn't hold my breathe for acts you havn't seen before, although I'm just guessing here, but would have liked to see the screamedelica show at EP would have suited the crowed, and would have been different to what they played in 2007

Rereading my last post think it was probably ore negative than it should have been, let hope tomorrow announcement is good, love electric picnic and hope the lineup tomorrow will be good!

Advertisement