Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Assume that this is oxegens way of trying to get people that wouldn't normally go to go to it.

You could well be right but I don't see it working. Personally I'd never go to Oxegen, no matter who was playing.
    I don't see that many people buying tickets just because Primal Scream are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    You could well be right but I don't see it working. Personally I'd never go to Oxegen, no matter who was playing.
    I don't see that many people buying tickets just because Primal Scream are there.

Went up to see arcade fire on a day ticket last year, think it alright if your not camping, lot of other people on the bus up were doing the same so say it's an attempt to sell day tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Heard the radio ad on Today FM for it where they beep out the acts as theyre being announced. Wasnt paying too much attention but the last one was Pu*beep*p. I wonder who that is :pac:

I'm optimistic about the announcement tomorrow.
    I thought the line-up has been very good the last couple of years, so don't expect any different this year.
    I think the following are likely:
    Arcade Fire, Pulp, Chemical Brothers, Interpol, PJ Harvey, Beirut, Jimmy Cliff, DJ Shadow, White Lies, Midlake, The Charlatans, The Go Team & O Emperor.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I think you might expect Morrissey to be announced also, and if he is I'll definitely be going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

I'm optimistic about the announcement tomorrow.
    I thought the line-up has been very good the last couple of years, so don't expect any different this year.
    Arcade Fire, Pulp, Chemical Brothers, Interpol, PJ Harvey, Beirut, Jimmy Cliff, DJ Shadow, White Lies, Midlake, The Charlatans, The Go Team & O Emperor.

Would be happy enough with that, pity lost the national to Oxegen cause people bought one of their albums, couldn't go see them last year as the weather was so miserable (Jesus I must be getting old).

Was at the go team at the weekend, good craic! Wouldn't mind watching them on a sunny day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Any chance of Primal Scream at all?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

I hear Daft Punk, Neil Hannon, Stereophonics, David Gray, Eels, Gavin Friday, POrtishead, Ed Baumer and Rooney also mentioned.
    It is good potential and I think I will travel to festival for experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Does anyone know when campervan tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

just a long shot but since its there 20 anniversary but what about the commitments playing,would be a good one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

littleman wrote: »
    just a long shot but since its there 20 anniversary but what about the commitments playing,would be a good one

I would not purchase ticket for commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

There is a sunday, day ticket:
    Tickets
    Weekend Camping Ticket: EU240

Family Camping Ticket (exclusive access to Family Campsite): EU240 per adult. Up to 2 kids U12 permitted per adult. Parents are asked to register online

Important: Single or groups of adults will not be permitted access to Family Campsite this year unless accompanied by their children.

Sunday Day Ticket: EU99.50.
    Day tickets for Fri & Sat are not available

The festival is an Over 18 event. Photo ID must be presented on arrival if age is in question. However: Children aged 13 and under are permitted free of charge, no ticket required. They must be registered however.

Campervan Ticket: EU60
    Family Campervan Ticket: EU60

Note: Campervans must be purpose built or adapted live-in vehicles. All occupants must hold a Weekend Camping Ticket.

Note: only those who have purchased a Family Camping Ticket can purchase a Family Campervan ticket.

Ticket prices include bkg fee & vat and go on sale 9am Friday 11th March from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide. www.ticketmaster.ie / Credit Card Hotlines:
    Rep of Ireland Ph 0818 719300 / UK/Northern Ireland Ph 0870 2434455.

Internet bookings subject to 12.5% service charge per ticket (max EU6.35) / Agents EU2.25.

For further Access Queries check the

Please ensure to read the Festival Terms & Conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!! YESSSSS!!!!

Hope to God they play on sunday cause im going to oxegen this year and really cant afford another 240 quid worth of a ticket... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Weak line up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

This could be the best line up ever so far for me, I could cancel Primavera:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

what are the chances of elbow??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This could be the best line up ever so far for me, I could cancel Primavera:)

Really? Who is ticklign yor fancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Not a bad lineup for Electric Picnic. They got legit headliners including Pulp which makes A LOT more sense than putting them on at Oxegen.

I'd like to see OMD and, Killing Joke? Sweet.

Strange that they only have day tickets for the Sunday? Maybe because it's the one night where transport options will be available once the day is over? Still at least it's something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Capella

Excited to see Flying Lotus... Caught his DJ set at Gilles Petersons World Music Awards in January. Ah-mazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Delighted to get another chance to see Twin Shadow, and HEALTH. I've missed both, to my immense frustration, a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Er, I hope there's a few more decent acts added to that, not the strongest EP line-up ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd say it's easily the strongest initial EP lineup announcement.

usually it's a drip feed of good acts, this time there's some pretty big acts in there, plenty to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Its a good line up and has great potential. I'm very tempted by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Its a pretty awful line up for my taste buds. You know a festival is in trouble when its defaulting to having the Chemical Bros headlining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Arcade Fire, PJ Harvey, Adebisi Shank, Mogwai... :D:D:D

I think I might attend.

I guess good :pac:

I'm happy enough with this so far. They'll be adding to it over the next 6 months anyway & by September it'll be great.
    Also last year there were a good few acts that I hadn't heard of before that I love now. I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

• Advertisement

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Any chance of Primal Scream at all?:(
    Doubtful. It's unlikely they'll play both Oxegen & EP.
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    what are the chances of elbow??
    They're playing the O2 this month and there are still tickets available. I'd say come April they'll be added to either this or Oxegen. Hopefully this.
    Strange that they only have day tickets for the Sunday? Maybe because it's the one night where transport options will be available once the day is over? Still at least it's something.

I posted last week that this might be the case & I think it might be to do with them being afraid of people buying a ticket for Friday & staying for the weekend. They'll probably have different colour wristbands or something for day trippers which would stop them getting into the main arena but they could still hang around the campsites for the weekend. And there would be nothing stopping them from going to the Salty Dog Saloon, Trenchtown or the rave in the woods.
    It is a strange one alright though. Sunday will be noticeably busier I imagine. They might load Sunday with better acts as well to sell tickets. From a personal point of view, I hope Pulp are the headliners on the Sunday (unlikely imo) because I have more interest in seeing Arcade Fire & Chemical Brothers. I'd like to see them with a smaller crowd.

Advertisement