Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I must be the only one excited for Toots and the Maytals:D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Do we know the line up for the Sunday by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Early bird deposit event tickets still available on Ticketmaster, which is kinda bizarre considering the line-up is out. €40 off is a good deal, if you like the line-up and you're definitely going.
    Don't know if it's a mistake from TM or what but I'd imagine they'll be taken down soon. Surely before full price tickets go on sale tomorrow.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004583C5FE6175?artistid=952846&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
    €133 now + balance of €66 on 31st March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

According to Jim Carroll Pulp are set to headline the Sunday night, I think its a good start for EP must of the good acts get announced much later plus I won two free tickets today so should make for a good weekend first time I ever won anything

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

gilmour wrote: »
    Its a pretty awful line up for my taste buds. You know a festival is in trouble when its defaulting to having the Chemical Bros headlining.

Oh dear.

This will be an audio-visual experience my friend; like nothing you've ever experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Alright lads n lassies,

What are the chances of camping selling out pretty quick or is there room to leave it a few weeks before buyin' em?

Cheers

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Alright lads n lassies,

What are the chances of camping selling out pretty quick or is there room to leave it a few weeks before buyin' em?

Cheers

Hasn't sold out the last two years. Tickets could be bought on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Already getting excited about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Campervan ticket sorted.
    Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got a ticket under the deposit scheme this morning, man I love that option :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Campervan ticket sorted.
    Beautiful.

I just bought 2 myself, never went in a campervan before so wouldn't mind having the option. If I dont use them I'll sell them! Can someone who's done the campervan thing before PM me some info? They seem a bit pricey to rent (on top of the festival ticket+van ticket so I'm not sure yet.. Do most rental campervans come with toilets/showers/cooking facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I just bought 2 myself, never went in a campervan before so wouldn't mind having the option. If I dont use them I'll sell them! Can someone who's done the campervan thing before PM me some info? They seem a bit pricey to rent (on top of the festival ticket+van ticket so I'm not sure yet.. Do most rental campervans come with toilets/showers/cooking facilities?

My sister owns one so i won't need to rent.
    I don't know much about the cost of renting, but judging by the downpour on the Sunday last year, and seeing the state of some of the tents as a result, it would be money well spent.

If there were 6 of ye going, that would help share the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't know about the facilities, but from what i've heard, campervans tend to be booked up all over the country, well in advance of EP weekend, so book as early as possible.

it wouldn't surprise if companies put up their prices for campervans that weekend, same as a lot of the accodation around stradbally and portlaoise.

Yeah, I've been browsing all morning and a few places aren't hiring any more because of bad damage to their vans from previous years festivals :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

You bought 2 campervan tickets? Do you need a campervan ticket per person or one campervan ticket per campervan? there are two of us and i just bought one campervan ticket for 60 euro.

nizo888 wrote: »
    You bought 2 campervan tickets? Do you need a campervan ticket per person or one campervan ticket per campervan? there are two of us and i just bought one campervan ticket for 60 euro.

Just one per van, I bought 2 in case some of my mates decide to rent one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone know any companies that still have campervans available to rent for that weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

well they sold day tickets in 2005 and it was grand.

It was horrible - like an invasion of tourists.

The reintroduction of day tickets may be a way of getting over number restrictions. The license will cover a certain number camping so day tickets may be a way of increasing capacity.

Arcade Fire are a huge draw. If they are on Sunday night & we have day tickets then the arena will be impossibly packed.

The 10.30pm bar rule is ridiculous & it kept being made earlier every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Day tickets could also make for a better sunday night atmosphere as people wont be leaving early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

As I understand it, Arcade Fire are likely for Saturday anyway.

• Advertisement

I am a huge Chemical Bros fan but they were poor last time at EP. They walked on, started the set & walked off.

I dislike the habit of continually recycling previous acts.

Discodog wrote: »
    I am a huge Chemical Bros fan but they were poor last time at EP. They walked on, started the set & walked off.

I dislike the habit of continually recycling previous acts.

Chemical Brothers latest Gig Review

There is a big difference with a dedicated gig & a festival appearance. I believe that the only concession to the Chems at EP was that they bought in some of their own bass bins. There was one lonely pyro !.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just bought my ticket there.

I've never seen the Chemical Brothers before as they've always clashed with other bands that I've been dying to see, but I hope to be able to make them this year. I'm somewhat sceptical that the Audio/Visual experience will match that of their current tour as I remember the Leftfield visuals last year left an awful lot to be desired!

Interpol will be a massive draw for me with their consistently great material as will Mogwai who let me down somewhat when I saw them Oxegen in 09 but I hope there'll be more of a chemistry between them and the crowd this time. Arcade Fire will hopefully put the cherry on top of my weekend. Missed them in 05, missed them at Oxegen and missed them at the O2 - for a while it seemed as if I was never going to see them! I'm also relieved that Pulp are playing Electric Picnic too. It would have been a travesty to lose both Primal Scream and Pulp to Oxegen. Midlake and Lykke Li should also be amazing. No doubt the rest of the line up will throw up some wonderful surprises too.

Hoping to spend a bit more time in Body and Soul this year and maybe I'll be sober enough to find the Salty Dog stage in the small hours of the morning this time around!

As for my wishlist, well, if they announced Tool then it would be an early contender for the best weekend of the decade for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

saw PJ about a week ago... wouldnt go to a festival to see her

saw her recently too but there's no way she'll do the same kind of show at a festival. I reckon she'll rock it up and she's the act I'm most looking forward to at EP this year.

Much happier with this year's line up than last year's but I seem to be the only one out of all my friends.

Explanation for Sunday only day tickets.
    Organisers said they had been aware of calls for the introduction of day tickets for the entire weekend but decided to restrict them to Sunday.

"Day tickets have always been something of a conundrum for us. If we introduced them, then we would need eight different types of wristbands, which would mean getting your wristband checked at every turn," said Declan Forde the Electric Picnic's musical director.

"That would add to the confusion regarding letting people into the campsite, all of which goes against the spirit and ethos of Electric Picnic. The ease of bringing in just Sunday tickets is that we don't have to kick anyone off site at the end of the day."

Got that from here:
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/electric-picnic-oneday-ticket-is-music-to-ears-of-revellers-15110550.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Chemical Brothers playing the 22:00 - 23:30 slot on the Saturday night

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=157487070975053

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lollyp26

hey guys

i see from the website that access to the campervan site will be allowed from the thursday night but that no cars will be allowed... does anyone know what this means in terms of a caravan - we'll need to tow it down with a car but just wondering whether what's on the site means that only motorhomes will be allowed in on the thursday or what... does anyone have any other info or know what the story was last year? think they opened the caravan site on the thursday last year too...

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

The wife and I got our tickets last night. :D:D:D

Advertisement