Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seanyleary

Lollyp26 wrote: »
    hey guys

i see from the website that access to the campervan site will be allowed from the thursday night but that no cars will be allowed... does anyone know what this means in terms of a caravan - we'll need to tow it down with a car but just wondering whether what's on the site means that only motorhomes will be allowed in on the thursday or what... does anyone have any other info or know what the story was last year? think they opened the caravan site on the thursday last year too...

thanks

dont think you can bring a caravan it has to be a camper, as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kwat

From http://www.electricpicnic.ie/faq/

Q: Can I bring a caravan?
    A: Yes, you can park caravan in the campervan park. However once positioned you will need to unhitch and park your car in one of the car parks. Note: a campervan ticket will need to be purchased for caravan.

seanyleary wrote: »
    dont think you can bring a caravan it has to be a camper, as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kwat

Going to EP for the first time this year and really looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any info on the standard campsites - are there different types / themed ones?
    Have heard about the hendrix campsite - is this the most popular one? Are they pretty noisy during the night or do security come around? All up for a good time but would like some sleep too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

kwat wrote: »
    Going to EP for the first time this year and really looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any info on the standard campsites - are there different types / themed ones?
    Have heard about the hendrix campsite - is this the most popular one? Are they pretty noisy during the night or do security come around? All up for a good time but would like some sleep too!

TBH, there's not much difference between the campsites. Can be noisy enough at night but sure that's to be expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

The Chaplin campsite (or part of it) is designated for "Quiet Camping." I camped there last year and yes it was pretty quiet, except for the thumping bass from the forest rave. But there weren't people noisily partying around the tents there at night. Peaceful compared to the Wilde site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

tonc76 wrote: »
    Chemical Brothers playing the 22:00 - 23:30 slot on the Saturday night

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=157487070975053

Is that some kind of default time or something? Almost every gig on their events page is 22:00 - 23:30.
    http://www.facebook.com/ChemicalBros?sk=events

I would think they're a cert for the 00:30 slot that is usually a dance act after another headliner.
    What I've read is that Interpol are closing Friday, Chemical Brothers Saturday & Pulp Sunday. Arcade Fire will probably be on before the Chemical Brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Is that some kind of default time or something? Almost every gig on their events page is 22:00 - 23:30.

I would think they're a cert for the 00:30 slot that is usually a dance act after another headliner.
    What I've read is that Interpol are closing Friday, Chemical Brothers Saturday & Pulp Sunday. Arcade Fire will probably be on before the Chemical Brothers.

yeah, the PR company confirmed those to be closing those days..

i can't see AF playing before before Interpol or Pulp, but could imagine them at 10pm or something on Saturday, with Chemical Brothers after them, like The Frames/Leftfield last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Not sure really but more interested in what day they're playing and couldn't give a flyin fck what time!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 damomaher

Arcade fire will play Sunday , its why there are day tickets to pay for them , wont play last as people will have to leave for work / tiredness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭dinneenp

damomaher wrote: »
    Arcade fire will play Sunday , its why there are day tickets to pay for them , wont play last as people will have to leave for work / tiredness

Is that a total guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 igsigs

According to EP's twitter, Pulp are playing Sunday.

http://twitter.com/#!/electricpicnic/status/47289110150393856

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

dinneenp wrote: »
    Is that a total guess?

Yes it is a total guess

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

I wish Marina and the Diamonds was playing at Electric Picnic. I have only discovered her lately and I think she is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

nizo888 wrote: »
    I wish Marina and the Diamonds was playing at Electric Picnic. I have only discovered her lately and I think she is great!

Yes I agree - she is greek artist like no other.
    Amazing song about robot I feel.
    She and her band would fit in well at picnic and would bring artistic merit to festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Emelio wrote: »
    Yes I agree - she is greek artist like no other.
    Amazing song about robot I feel.
    She and her band would fit in well at picnic and would bring artistic merit to festival.

Artistic merit? Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 damomaher

Arcade Fire will play the Sunday to help flog the day tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 got root?

hey everyone!

Looking forward to ep11?

I am an unemployed developer & I've been putting together a site called 'Festival Explorer' for a while, its nearly done & i'd like some feedback,

this is the EP page : Electric Picnic @ Festival Explorer

You can check out the lineup, watch youtube videos for the bands (just click the band name), and play about with the 2010 map.

It is very much a work in progress, but bearing that in mind, please leave some feedback!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

got root? wrote: »
    hey everyone!

Looking forward to ep11?

I am an unemployed developer & I've been putting together a site called 'Festival Explorer' for a while, its nearly done & i'd like some feedback,

this is the EP page : Electric Picnic @ Festival Explorer

You can check out the lineup, watch youtube videos for the bands (just click the band name), and play about with the 2010 map.

It is very much a work in progress, but bearing that in mind, please leave some feedback!

fair play, looks really good.
    very handy for checking out the lesser-known bands too.

the videos could do with being displayed slightly differently though, it's hard to tell what song some of them are before being clicked on, as the artist/title uses too many chars.
    or else just have the video title show up when the cursor hovers over. think that's just an alt="" field?

other than that though, it looks pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

can anyone tell me when the next artist's are announced i think its april but can't remember..cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 got root?

fair play, looks really good.
    very handy for checking out the lesser-known bands too.

the videos could do with being displayed slightly differently though, it's hard to tell what song some of them are before being clicked on, as the artist/title uses too many chars.
    or else just have the video title show up when the cursor hovers over. think that's just an alt="" field?

other than that though, it looks pretty good!

Thanks gd, made that change... it was the title attribute that I needed... looking much better now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Arcade Fire will play the Sunday to help flog the day tickets

All indications are that Arcade Fire are playing Saturday, with Pulp headlining Sunday. Unless you know something we don't, it's kind of wangy to just keep insisting on this as if it's a certainty.
    lordgoat wrote: »
    Yes it is a total guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

All indications are that Arcade Fire are playing Saturday, with Pulp headlining Sunday. Unless you know something we don't, it's kind of wangy to just keep insisting on this as if it's a certainty.

the chemical brothers created an event on FB indicating they are the ones playing on saturday

the chemical brothers created an event on FB indicating they are the ones playing on saturday

It was talked about few days ago
    yeah, the PR company confirmed those to be closing those days..

i can't see AF playing before before Interpol or Pulp, but could imagine them at 10pm or something on Saturday, with Chemical Brothers after them, like The Frames/Leftfield last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

nizo888 wrote: »

She got a good crowd in 2009 before she was even known so I'd imagine she would do well now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

can anyone tell me when the next artist's are announced i think its april but can't remember..cheers

Yeah I'm looking for this info aswell pretty please!

Last year more acts were added at the start of May. But last year the launch wasn't until 24th March.
    So maybe more acts will be added in April this year. Who knows?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Picnic_2010#Post-launch_announcements
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/100505f.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Chances of Editors at EP!?

They're playing a handful of festivals so far

http://www.last.fm/music/Editors/+events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

i reckon editors are more likely for oxegen,having played it a few times.wouldnt rule them out though.

hopefully the next announcement should be in the next 14 days.

hoping for:
    2 many djs (highly unlikely,but would be a good alternative to interpol for friday)
    ratatat
    the black keys
    death from above 1979
    primal scream:screamadelica (pleeeeeeeeease! such a waste having them at poxegen)
    wavves
    klaxons (yeah,right)
    tv on the radio
    groove armada
    sufjan stevens
    sleigh bells
    mf doom
    justice

but ide be happy with 3 of them (DFA,PS and 2MDJs plz)

kthxbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I love the dance tent and the techno acts in particular so I'm very excited about some of the acts playing this year particularly:

Dave Clarke (always seems to be in Oxegen instead)
    Trentemoller
    Adam Beyer
    Boyz Noise
    DJ SHadow

I was fortunate enough to see the Arcade Fire at this in 2005 and I can honestly say that is was the best gig I was ever at in my life so I'm well looking forward to seeing them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Best Coast announced via their blog/Twitter that they're playing on the 4th..

Anseo: http://bestycoasty.blogspot.com/2011/04/summer-europe-festivals.html

Advertisement