Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free parking at train stations midleton/cobh

Options
  • 02-12-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

got a flier today at kent train station, there is free car parking at all stations on the Midleton/cobh lines to cork, from 1/12/2010 to 3/1/2011 inclusive.

it lists Midleton, Carrigtwohill, Glounthaune and Littleisland

did notice that the pay machines are covered up, with a note saying !"free parking" on them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

great news, hopefully some of the drivers parking on the road at Glounthaune will use the car park now. it'll make it a little safer to cross the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

lol its always been free parking hah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

its just for December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

Too bad no free parking in mallow

Really I don't mind paying the 2e per day. but I refuse to support the utter scumbags that are NCPS who make a habit out of extorting large clamping fees out of people who ended up staying in Dublin or wherever longer than expected.

From what I've heard the station is also fairly useless in dealing with people who phone up to say they'll be late. They say they take care of it but people come back to find their car clamped anyway or a "not my job's worth" type response. Its a terrible system, they should have kept the barriers. Pay when you leave

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cinaed

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know if parking is free beside the Rushbrooke train stop. I see cars parked up on the curb during the day and wondered if they had a permit or something. I want to start getting the train into the city from now on. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Too bad no free parking in mallow

Really I don't mind paying the 2e per day. but I refuse to support the utter scumbags that are NCPS who make a habit out of extorting large clamping fees out of people who ended up staying in Dublin or wherever longer than expected.

From what I've heard the station is also fairly useless in dealing with people who phone up to say they'll be late. They say they take care of it but people come back to find their car clamped anyway or a "not my job's worth" type response. Its a terrible system, they should have kept the barriers. Pay when you leave

Totally agree with this - it's a bonkers system. Pre-paying for parking is just mad. Can't understand why they can't implement a system where you pay when you're leaving like anywhere else - would surely make life easier for everyone.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I agree that its bad that Mallow isn't included in it! I've heard a huge number of stories about people getting clamped there alright. If people are parking there on a regular basis, more tham 15 days in the month, there is a monthly ticket you can get for €30. Why they took the barriers away I have no idea! Was madness really

As well as that, where most people park their cars, down on the Navigation Road is going to become pay and display if the council have their way!

Advertisement