Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timberland Boots

Options
  • 02-12-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

I was looking to get my hands on a pair of Timberland 6" classic premium boots in anniversary edition burn brown: click

They retail for €190 in places like the Timberland store on South Anne Street and are the same price in the likes of Office, Schuh and Arnotts.

I was wondering does anybody know of an online store that sell them for considerably less then that because there is no way I would pay nearly €200 for a pair of boots. I checked eBay and they have a few pairs but they are all full price (well £144/€170 plus £20/€25 shipping). Amazon have them too but ditto on the price.

Is there an outlet store or factory sale place around Dublin or the surrounding counties? (Kildare Outlet Village?) because I doubt these bad boys will go down in the sales, they didn't during the summer anyway (in the Timberland shop)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not the timberland ones, but very similar: http://www.mandmdirect.com/products-Caterpillar-Mens-Stickshift-Work-Boots-Brown_CT338.htm

What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

+1

mods bang on again. M&M the place to go. Timberland ones are much smaller prices there too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Cheers Davy, I've actually had a couple of pairs of Caterpillar boots before but unfortunately they didn't even last a fraction as long as the Timberland ones. The last pair of Timberland boots that I bought for around $100 in the states way back in 2004 and they lasted me up until now. Tough as nails are and ridiculously comfortable to walk in............bloody expensive though!

Raekwon wrote: »
    Cheers Davy, I've actually had a couple of pairs of Caterpillar boots before but unfortunately they didn't even last a fraction as long as the Timberland ones. The last pair of Timberland boots that I bought for around $100 in the states way back in 2004 and they lasted me up until now. Tough as nails are and ridiculously comfortable to walk in............bloody expensive though!

Im surprised tbh. I have 2 pairs of CAT's similar to the linked ones and they are still in great nick. One pair is about 5 years old too. I do have a pair of timberland boots still in great condition but wouldn't be as old. I'l keep the thread in mind in any case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

heres all the timberland boots on m and m if you want to take a look http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductList.aspx?Filter=1|Mens|2|Timberland|4|hiking%20boots|4|casual%20boots|4|smart%20boots|4|wellies&a=resetsearch use

use frd7 at checkout for free delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

is that M&M website legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Second hand shop in Balbriggan had a pair yesterday that I bought for my son, for a tenner.Next to new.

It is yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

yep 100% legit buy off them regularly also if you sign up to be thrifty you also get 6% cash back off them https://www.bethrifty.ie/index.php?action=login&msg=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Davy wrote: »

Hard beat them, ordered over €200 of stuff of them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Yeah M&M Direct is an excellent website alright, their prices are hard to beat but unfortunately they don't stock what I'm looking for.
    TT09 wrote: »

Cheers, they have them on there alright (here) but they are the same price as Amazon, eBay etc. I was hoping to pay around €120 for them, maybe I should wait for the Christmas sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Black Bloc

People tell me it is.

However this week both my wife and myself have tried on two occasions to order clothing from it and have been unsuccessful First off, there were requests to confirm card details, name and address. Despite emailing these back. The same M&M message about 'order on hold...' came back. My wife resent the details and received the same response. My wife canceled, then I tried ordering the same goods and got the same response (we have different credit cards, with different companies). I rang their UK 'card details number' half-a-dozen times but it was engaged each time. I canceled the order at that stage and went to amazon.co.uk and re-ordered most everything. But MandM is the seller. The day after I ordered, Amazon informed me that MandM had canceled the order. BTW: the amount was €200. I regularly order from US, UK, Italian and German sites for various items from shoes to books. Maybe MandM is extra cautious. Maybe it's the xmas crush. Whatever the reason, it is unfathomable to me. Their offers look good. And it would save me a trip into Dublin if MandM had processed the order. I won't go back to the site again needless to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I ordered over €200 worth of clobber of them about 2 weeks ago. They emailed me about confirmation of credit card details and cardholders address, which obviously held up the order. Then they left one item out of the order and charged me full whack. Now i'm waiting for the remaining item.

I am a little disappointed cause I ordered before from them and don't recall issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

got a pair on ebay.co.uk yeterday for 60 euro. they are the ones you are talking about it.. if you look up ebay shops, there were boots for 60 pounds - order fast thou if you want them for christmas..

Advertisement