Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post snow policy

• 02-12-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

does anyone know the policy on letters/parcels that cant be delivered in the snow?

I went into my local post office on monday where i was told items were sent back to sorting offices. I have no way of getting there and cant even get to my local post office since monday.

I assume these letters will be kept and redelivered after the thaw, I just cant see anything on their website saying this. Can anyone confirm that?

also im in west wicklow

Info on the an post website
    An Post wrote:
    02/12/2010
    Adverse weather and road conditions overnight have seriously curtailed mails delivery services in the East, South, North East and midlands today. The impact is less acute in the West and North West, though minor roads and higher-lying areas still remain treacherous.

While An Post staff are making every effort to deliver mail wherever possible across the country today, deliveries will be restricted in all areas, most particularly Leinster and Munster.

There will be no deliveries whatsoever in the following areas:
    • Dublin 3
    • Dublin 5
    • Dublin 6W
    • Dublin 3
    • Dublin 17
    • Dublin 24
    • Enniscorthy
    • Gorey
    • New Ross
    • Wexford
    • West Wicklow
    • Arklow
    • Muine Bheag (Bagnelstown)
    However, mail is available for collection with suitable ID from these Delivery Services Units.

An Post greatly regrets this disruption to service. We are working around the clock to minimise the impact of the current spell of bad weather on services.
    Thank you.

Advertisement