Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of it yet?

Options
  • 02-12-2010 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭

Who is sick of the snow and wants if gone? Or will you not be satisfied until you can't open the front door? :P

Poll to follow. ;)

Do you want the snow gone? 129 votes

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
    0% 0 votes
    Let it go, let it go, let it go!
    100% 129 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I dont even have a job to get to and I ****ing hate it. I've got 2 feet of the stuff and being house-bound is wrecking my head. Tried walking to the girlfriends earlier, should take 15 mins, but it took over an hour because of the amount of cars that needed to be pushed.

Even when it does stop, itll be some amount of time before it thaws here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Who is sick of the snow and wants if gone? Or will you not be satisfied until you can't open the front door? :P

Poll to follow. ;)
    Not the weather, no... It's the threads, f**kin' everywhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm a weather fan but am seriously sick of it. Snow's not so bad, but trudging through ice and slush is crap. And the more snow we get, the more slush there'll be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    Not the weather, no... It's the threads, f**kin' everywhere...

Hate to break it to you but this is a forum, not a chatroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JohnSherwin90

Want the snow gone now, took me 2 hrs 30 min to do a 20 min drive yesterday. Dublin is in bits!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I like the idea of there being a load of snow but I'm starting to get really worried about Christmas tests, which I kind of need teachers for. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

until i have to climb out my top window to get out of the house i say "let it snow" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Open the library in UCD and ill be a happy bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

As long as the internet holds up and my wellies don't have any leaks I'm happy ;)

*eadaoin wrote: »
    As long as the internet holds up and my wellies don't have any leaks I'm happy ;)

Both of my wellies are leaking :( but duct tape soon sorted that out! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bring on the rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It is hard work walking in deep snow. It is not fun, along with the snow there are frozen pipes.

I am fed up of the snow, though on the plus side the postman cannot reach me to deliver the bills :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've had enough snow this week to last a lifetime, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Love the snow but sick of work;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Danbo! wrote: »
    I dont even have a job to get to and I ****ing hate it. I've got 2 feet of the stuff and being house-bound is wrecking my head. Tried walking to the girlfriends earlier, should take 15 mins, but it took over an hour because of the amount of cars that needed to be pushed.

Even when it does stop, itll be some amount of time before it thaws here.

Why don't you charge for each push.....then you will have a job out of the snow :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I can't get enough of it. I'd be happy for it to last weeks. Just getting into my groove :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

I was loving it right until about half 5 today when I realised I was going to have to walk home as the luas stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I think people enjoy it at first because it is a novelty. It has a nostalgic kick. Remember when it used to mean school's closed, snowball fight or snowmen. Once you reach your twenties you realize snow means dire road conditions with real consequences, the rise of scumbaggish tendencies, and fretting over work issues (backlogs and so on). So it is a resounding nay for me. It has geniunely cost me a fortune due to a missed flight and train and this is money I just do not have. So when I hear someone going on about how sparkly and wonderful it is I just think 'when is this person going to grow up?' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

I must be honest I'm still loving it, like scopper says it brings back so many good childhood feelings in all of us. However, I'm just starting to see the time coming where i'll want it gone. I remember the great snow of 1982 I was 11 then for weeks I loved it but I can distinctly remember even then longing for a summers day with green fields and warm sunshine. Of course once it is gone i'll be wanting it back. Were never happy. I went out with the dog and the camera tonight and came back chilled to the bone cause my feet got wet. I can still feel the cold through me 3 hours later.

Lucky enough to a dart commuter so no real problems there, I can fully appreciate the plight of those in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scopper wrote: »
    I think people enjoy it at first because it is a novelty. It has a nostalgic kick. Remember when it used to mean school's closed, snowball fight or snowmen. Once you reach your twenties you realize snow means dire road conditions with real consequences, the rise of scumbaggish tendencies, and fretting over work issues (backlogs and so on). So it is a resounding nay for me. It has geniunely cost me a fortune due to a missed flight and train and this is money I just do not have. So when I hear someone going on about how sparkly and wonderful it is I just think 'when is this person going to grow up?' :p

Great post. My motorbike is off the road due to the weather and i've spent a fortune on taxis's into work,money i don't have. I was lucky tonight,finished work at the airport and there were no DB buses or the Flybus that i've been using,but a kindly Citylink driver agreed to take me and drop me off on the N4 in Lucan. Otherwise i don't know how i was getting home.

That coupled with some poor people who desperately wanted to fly home and couldn't. I felt so sorry for a group of kids from the North who were due to fly out on a school exchange to Germany on Wednesday. They got a coach to the airport on Wednesday but then had their flight cancelled so they returned north in the coach. They got a coach back down on Thursday morning only for their flight to be cancelled again. They had to return north again,the look of disappointment on the kids faces was horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I want it to last and last, everything looks so beautiful and my dogs love it. Of course I really, really hope that when the snow stops it pisses rain and washes it all away because I detest the days/weeks of yeuchy, slimy, dirty slush that always follows snow.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Great post. My motorbike is off the road due to the weather and i've spent a fortune on taxis's into work,money i don't have. I was lucky tonight,finished work at the airport and there were no DB buses or the Flybus that i've been using,but a kindly Citylink driver agreed to take me and drop me off on the N4 in Lucan. Otherwise i don't know how i was getting home.

That coupled with some poor people who desperately wanted to fly home and couldn't. I felt so sorry for a group of kids from the North who were due to fly out on a school exchange to Germany on Wednesday. They got a coach to the airport on Wednesday but then had their flight cancelled so they returned north in the coach. They got a coach back down on Thursday morning only for their flight to be cancelled again. They had to return north again,the look of disappointment on the kids faces was horrible.

Even worse is that man who died outside his house last night, death was blamed on the weather but no details were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Even worse is that man who died outside his house last night, death was blamed on the weather but no details were given.

That was the poor 78 year old in Mayo i think. It's easy to forget there's many more worse off than ourselves.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I found it funny on facebook all the people complaining about the snow, like come on we have only had one week of it yet, the rest of europe is even worse than us at the moment. Think of people over the centuries or in the mini ice age having to deal with this a lot more reguarly than us. I think a lot of these complainers have been spoiled by the mild winters of the last 2 decades. This winter might be a kick of reality.

One thing I know for sure is that snow or cold weather is not going to go away by moaning about it.
    Im in my twenties and I know the consequences but I still love the snow and I know many others that do too! Unfortunately like everything else there is casualties in severe weather. Although I have noticed that there hasnt been many road casualties all week, I think there is actually a decline in deaths on the road because everyone is much more careful.

I do prefer it over mild and wet weather any day though. Each to their own.
    Sunny weather causes droughts and blight on crops and water shortages yet people flogg to the beach and say its great ;) never seen a poll after 1 week of hot weather saying sick of it yet? :) Floods ruin business and homes. Storms cause structural damage.
    We just have to accept that winter is winter and get on with it and if you enjoy snowy/hot/mild/wet weather then thats up to you ,its not a crime and wont have any bearing on the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

It's a huge pain. Can't get to the gym most days so growing fat :o There's a gig in jeopardy Saturday night, a graduation Tuesday and a trip to England next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

We got our first snowfall this morning after hoping we would get some all week but clear skies all week. Let it Snow!!

Job interview scheduled for Monday just cancelled :( Was all hyped up ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's a huge pain. Can't get to the gym most days so growing fat :o

Take a walk in the snow. It looks much nicer than any gym and you'll burn a lot of calories walking quickly in deep snow as it takes a lot of physical work.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

So sick of it now. Not been able to get out since Monday & down to last bottle of milk now :( Have 15 inches of the wretched stuff here & still coming down so won't be going anywhere soon. Plus no work = no pay.:mad:

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    Take a walk in the snow. It looks much nicer than any gym and you'll burn a lot of calories walking quickly in deep snow as it takes a lot of physical work.

Have done so, but enjoyment is curtailed by the risk. I've broken teeth from falls in the past.

Advertisement