Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym membership

Options
  • 02-12-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a one month only gym membership. I have rang both Shoreline and the Glenview and the minimum is 3 months. I won't be able to use the gym after mid Jan so I am not subscribing to this length.

Anything else around gym wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

The Marriot (near Kilcoole) Have a word, they might sort you out. If not, is there anyone you know who could buy the spare two months off you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

shoreline do a pay as you go option, if your still stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Greystoner wrote: »
    The Marriot (near Kilcoole) Have a word, they might sort you out. If not, is there anyone you know who could buy the spare two months off you?

I will call this morning thanks.

Physco, it is €10 a go per day! Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shaviebeby

What about the Royal hotel in Bray? do they still do gym membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Wandered on down to Shoreline tonight to use the gym while the paths are too bad to run on, only to be told that the gym is 'members only' after 6 Monday to Friday. Not impressed. There's nothing about limited pay-as-you go hours mentioned anywhere on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Plastik wrote: »
    Wandered on down to Shoreline tonight to use the gym while the paths are too bad to run on, only to be told that the gym is 'members only' after 6 Monday to Friday. Not impressed. There's nothing about limited pay-as-you go hours mentioned anywhere on the website.

that's ludicrous - was the gym full? Its a public facility, they shouldn't be turning away paying customers (no wonder its so over-priced).

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

shaviebeby wrote: »
    What about the Royal hotel in Bray? do they still do gym membership?

I wanted to avoid the drive into Bray. I'll be 5 or 6 times a week going to the gym so if possible I'd rather it be local.

So, I rang the Glenview. They wanted €195 for three months. I asked could the possibly do a one month thing an d the girl took my number and said the manager would ring me back. So i left it a week without a call and them rang back last week
    To say somebody was supposed to call me. Again, took number an said manager would definitely all this time at some stage today. That was last week. Makes me concidering removing them as a wedding venue option. Really bugs me that does.

I asked my OH when she went swimming the other night to price shoreline for three months. She came back and said it she was told it was 45 p/m for the three months. I went down th next morning to join only to be told it was 54 a month and only a one year direct debut option!!

That's crazy to have member only after 6pm. It's not that for the pool anyway because OH was there at 8.30pm the other night..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Hard to tell without going in, but the threadmills didn't look busy and the free weights looked reasonably quiet. They didn't check it out to see how busy it was, I was told that it was members only. I didn't raise any issue at the desk because I wanted to come back and have a good look through the website, no point in having a row if you're in the wrong.

I've been down to Shoreline a few times now and I'm not sure I'd be arsed going back, I'll bring gear with me to work anytime I need to go to the gym. Wouldn't fault the facilities, but this 'members only' thing is crazy.

Edit: use of the pool was offered to me, which I may have used had I had gear with me, but I went down for a run.

Advertisement