Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that sell components (dub)?

Options
  • 02-12-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi

Other than Peats and Maplin are there any other shops in Dublin city center that sell components? (motherboards, proc, ram and drives)

Thanks
    gR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

PC World in Jervis if you're desperate.

There used to be one or two others, but they seem to have fallen by the wayside.

Edit: Actually, it's been so long since I've been in PCW, I'm not even sure if they still carry parts??

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Meant to say, I walked around PC World in Jervic but couldn't see anything, I know the one in Galway sells upgrade kits so thought the Jervis one would too.

Course I was half way home before I though of asking someone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

gerryR wrote: »
    Meant to say, I walked around PC World in Jervic but couldn't see anything, I know the one in Galway sells upgrade kits so thought the Jervis one would too.

Course I was half way home before I though of asking someone :o

Hmm they used to have a small selection of stuff, down the back right hand corner IIRC, its probably been about a year since i was in there though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Never saw parts in the smaller ones, only the superstores like the ones in Navan and Blanchardstown (not the one inside the centre!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

IT direct on Parliament St. Don't expect bargains.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Marxcomputers.ie in clontarf as well, not bargain city either by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Thanks for the info.
    Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

PC Peripherals in the Sandyford Industrial Estate but their prices aren't great. Haven't shopped there in over three years.

There's a small shop in Dun Laoghaire called New Paddy. It's run by two Chinese fellas and they sell hardware. Prices were OK for Ireland but i haven't been to the area in at least half a year.

Advertisement