Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone drove a car through Waterford -dublin Airport route.

Options
  • 02-12-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

My wife and kid needs to take a 8.00 am flight from Dublin airport. As the rapid express coach services are not operating tonight the only option left for me is to drove them to airport. just checking what are the road conditions and would i able to get there. i am planning to take M9 and M50

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

M9 is ok until kilkenny anyway. Not sure after that. Did you try both bus eireann and jj kavanagh???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

yeah id be interested to know as well guys. my bros flight hopefully will be in tomrrow and has to catch a lift downto waterford !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Drove from DCU to Waterford this afternoon so basically the same route you plan on taking. The worst areas were around the N25/N7/M9 interchange just outside Waterford City, and the M9 around the two Kilkenny exits. These areas were pretty dodgy in terms of ice but if you take it nice and handy you should be ok.

Carlow-M50 is nearly all one lane but nothing too bad. I'd imagine though the later you leave the trip the worse some of the icy regions could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Im in the airport now and almost all flights are canceled. Heard announcements being made asking people to book for Saturday as no seats are available for Friday. Strong indication of extensive delays tomorrow. Before you start a long drive for nothing I would say check with your airline and check with the DAA. The flight will be most likely delayed if not canceled. I've seen people that have been in the airport for two days waiting on a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭jusvi2001

thanks for all the update.

Can we keep this thread live for couple of days with updates. it may be hepful for people who intend to catch a flight on weekend.

Thank again. wish you all safe and comfortable jouney.

• Advertisement

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1202/live_weather_transport_updates.html

2055 AA Roadwatch report that a truck has jack-knifed on M9 Dublin/Waterford Rd southbound before exit at J3 Athy blocking the road.

Please let us know if anyone had pass through the M9 after this incident.

2136 A jack-knifed truck has been cleared from M9 Dublin/Waterford Rd southbound before J3 Athy exit

Advertisement