Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Your Mind..... But Make No Phone Calls

Options
  • 02-12-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I recently had allot of problems with The Carphone Warehouse and the Three Network as of late. This is video I sent to them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwAwnQn9CM0

I was wondering has anyone had any similar problems and what did they do to get it fixed.

Thank you very much,

The Nod :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

1. How frustrating. Have you considered using another SIM as a temporary measure?
    2. I can't believe I watched that clip through.
    3. I hope your cold is easing up.
    4. I hope you get satisification.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

5. Three have a support forum on here, but nobody will be officially representing until Tuesday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Porting is a pretty simple process, It sounds like you were given the woring sim by craphone. This really is a feck up by them. carphone is probably the worst place to buy a 3 phone. They haven't a clue.

When you give 3 support the USIM number it should be registered, if it's not carphone have screwed up and you need a replacement sim or a new sim 3 can port your number 2.

Hopefully your sorted by now. If not get to a 3 store and they'll talk to support and get you sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CarphoneIE: Fiona

Hi @thenod, Very sorry for the inconvenience, has this been resolved yet and did you get the €20 credit from 3? If not please let me know and I can look into I further for you?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thenod

This is a video from the situation today. This problem is still not resolved and I am down 40 Euro's. Sorry for the delayed reply but I have been conversing via private messages here with a man called Patrick who says he's a Three Representative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vywKd5augWI

I'm very sick of this by now.

Thank you,

Owen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Oh man...

Reminds me of the days I used to phone these jokers for 'technical support'

If I were you I'd find my nearest 3 store and bounce the phone back over the counter to them !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is'nt one thread enough about this problem?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

this is nuts,

There's a few things here.

A porting fault
    A phone fault
    A sim fault
    A network fault

It takes less then 5 minutes to figure out what the problem is, I don't see how this can be going on a month, have 3 or carphone actually said what the fault is?

As for the topping up and your credit being used on 3 to 3 calls, that's correct as you don't have free calls to 3 all the time.

Also if your phone doesn't work how did you use 40 euro credit? (you may be using a temporary number 083 for example) If this is the case and your number has already ported to 3 on a different sim, 3 can do an internal port to move your original number which is now in limbo land to your temporary 3 number, I suspect that's what happend.

Call tech support (not customer care)

Give them your old number (the one not working) and the iccid number of the sim you have in your 3 phone. Tell them you want your old number ported onto this new iccid. That should happen today if that's the problem.

Yeah, but I couldn't rememner the title of the first one to continue, (I'm not too skilled with the way of this board yet.) Cheers up :)

Drunk Monkey that is great advice. I have been able to credit the phone as I have managed to get 4 - 5 hours usage out of it, so I did it in those times.
    Carphone Warehouse have not been able to tell me what the problem is, the most they were able to do was try the sim card in another phone.
    I have been on to Tech Support several and all I got out of them were the same old replies, "We've made your case a priority", "We understand the problem", "I'll talk to my Supervisor", useless.
    I have quoted them the iccid number off 3 different sim cards and they have also told me, "This has never happened before". Which is no use to me.

Thank you one and all for replying. I shall continue with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Sounds like the cpw are doing their utmost to not help you. Having dealt with a couple of their stores in the past, my experience they are just there to get commission and when the proverbial hits the fan, they are nowhere to be seen. 3 are also not innocent with this case either.

I would call tech support and first give the temporary number and ask for the sim number. Check this against the number on the back of you sim card. Then ask if you own number and see if it assigned to an account. Check the sim number against the one you have.

If they have your number registered to another sim card number then go to the carphone warehouse and get a replacement sim and get the number transferred to this sim.

If they do not have your number on the network then check with meteor and see if it is still active on their network. If it is request 3 to move your number to the network.

If you have a drn then you can return the phone to the retailer and back out of this process under the 14day money back guarantee.

Just a way of dealing with this.

Advertisement