Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer UK Tour - March 2011

Options
  • 02-12-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

The word on the street is that an announcement will be made soon about the UK version of this.

20100723-155704-797646.jpg

Dave Mustaine has already confirmed to his fan club via a live chat last weekend that Slayer and Megadeth will tour in 2011. Mustaine also said that Megadeth have finalised at least four months of touring for 2011 already and are working on fulfilling the rest of the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm guessing this would hit arenas if it came to Europe? Would definitely go if it came to Dublin, I've seen Megadeth enough times so I'd mostly go for Slayer and Anthrax.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭deeks

Definitely going to this if it hits Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Would be so awesome if they played Dublin. Have seen Megadeth 6x, Anthrax 3x and Slayer once. Would definitely go to see them again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yet to see any of these live. My god itd be a fine whammy for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Deadly ... any updates from the 'street' :D Hope it makes it here. Maybe Aiken might do it seen as they did the Priest/Megadeth/Testament gig - and a bargain for €49 IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'd be there like a shot if it happens........especially if it was a 3 band bill.....
    hopefully it all gets announced soon and they include us, I reckon those 3 bands could pull a decent crowd - but not enough for the O2 - that's where my worry would be about a date here....

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'd be there like a shot if it happens........especially if it was a 3 band bill.....
    hopefully it all gets announced soon and they include us, I reckon those 3 bands could pull a decent crowd - but not enough for the O2 - that's where my worry would be about a date here....

Good point. Too big for Olympia and too small for O2. Grand Canal would be fine if they would let us in :D Not sure about ideal venues in Belfast? Maybe one for the Marquee in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Slayer headline:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

Slayer basically sold out the Point in 2006 on their own. I think Megadeth and Anthrax added to that would happily see standing and most seats sold out. There's no where else in Dublin you'd want to see this tour as the RDS Indoor arena is too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Mushy wrote: »
    Slayer headline :D

fyp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has revealed some interesting news via his Twitter acount (Dave Mustaine Tweets!?), hinting that a huge tour might be announced very soon!

Having used Twitter before to post news of different tours, projects and new songs that Megadeth have been working on, one of Mustaine's most recent posts reads, "Droogies, a huge announcement is coming for next summer in the States and in Europe and the U.K." An intriguing message that fuels speculation that The Big Four's tour bus wheels could be in motion!

Rumours have been flying about that The Big Four, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth, have signed up to head out on an extensive tour TOGETHER in both the States and overseas next year. Could Mustaine's mystery message be the beginning of the announcement that we have all been waiting for?

Nothing has been officially confirmed yet, we just thought we would let you know about what we have heard. As soon as we hear of an official announcement we'll let you know. Keep fingers, toes, eyes crossed for confirmation of this rumour soon!

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/162597/46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The big four for Slane would have been mega. Oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

This tour is big enough to play the 02. I don't think think even the big 4 could play Slane though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I thought the Kings of Leon wouldn't have been big enough either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I thought the Kings of Leon wouldn't have been big enough either.

Well Metallica can't sell out Marley Park. But i would say they could still probably sell about 55,000+ cause it's the big four. And also depending on how many big 4 dates there are in europe, people will travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The big four for Slane would have been mega. Oh well

realistically - Not in a million years

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mloc123 wrote: »
    fyp

Ruined my post:p

Would be great tour to see though. How did the Megadeth/Testament/Judas Priest tour a few years back sell? That could indicate if it'll happen or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Mushy wrote: »
    [...]How did the Megadeth/Testament/Judas Priest tour a few years back sell? That could indicate if it'll happen or not!

Looked like 70% of the possible capacity to me back then.

Advertisement