Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any help appreciated!

Options
  • 02-12-2010 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

i'm thinkin bout movin to dublin after xmas.. i am in college out in ballyfermot.. some of my class live in smithfield and it seems handy enough getting out there.. i have been offered a place in kimmage road lower rathmines.. would that be too much of a trek to get to college?? i'd be using public transport more than likely.. i dont really have a clue with dublin tbh.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

I don't quite follow you. You're going to college in Ballyfermot but only thinking of moving to Dublin in the new year?

Where are you living now? I'm going to go ahead and presume it's not as close to Ballyfermot as the place you have been offered. The place you were offered is idea. The 18 goes from Sandymount, through Rathmines and into Ballyfermot.

I don't know where you live now but I doubt where you have been offered is a fine spot

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Around Inchicore would be reasonably conveniet 78 bus goes into Ballyfermot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭rob88

i live in kildare and commute every day but its turning into a pain.. where bouts in rathmines can u get the bus from?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

I haven't been around that neck of the woods in a while. I know the road immediately behind the swan centre has a couple of stops. Then it heads up past the Garda station and around by Grosvenor Road as far as I remember. Much handier than Kildare I can assure you!

yea for sure it would it be..i checked dublin bus online and it goes from sandymount to palmerstown and seems to stop in rathmines and ballyfermot.. which would be handy!! cheers for the suggestion!!

i heard some bus routes have changed recently would the 18 bus have changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Why not try get a place in Ballyfermot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

The kimmage road is in Harrolds cross,not Rathmines The 18 route does go by the junction of Lr Kimmage and Sundrive road though., used to be one every 45 minutes to an hour, I'd double check the timetable before you commit to the area it's the only bus that goes to Ballyer from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Maybe rent in Inchicore OP

Close to city centre and you've an excellent bus service to your college.
    I mean excellent in terms of frequency, not what happens on the blasted 78A

Plus you have the Luas close by so you meet your friends in Smithfield

maringo wrote: »
    Around Inchicore would be reasonably conveniet 78 bus goes into Ballyfermot

Luas to town aswell in Inchcore, you've got a Tesco Express, Eurospar, tonne of takeaways, pubs, bookies, etc...

Why not try get a place in Ballyfermot?
    i dont know anyone that lives there.. closest people in my class live in smithfield but tryin to get a place from jan to the end of may wud be hard.. i know a guy who lives in the house in rathmines/harrolds cross.. and they have it till the end of may
    dubtom wrote: »
    The kimmage road is in Harrolds cross,not Rathmines The 18 route does go by the junction of Lr Kimmage and Sundrive road though., used to be one every 45 minutes to an hour, I'd double check the timetable before you commit to the area it's the only bus that goes to Ballyer from there.

if i miss it i could always just get a bus into town and out to bally from there..i wouldnt mind that too much

• Advertisement

cool i'll check for places in inchicore too.. thanks for the suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Rather then relying on the 18 which to be fair drops you across the road from the college, or getting a bus into town and then out again would you not think of cycling?

Just throwing it out there
    It'll save you time and a fortune in fares over the next few months

Think about it anyway

ya i'd consider cycling aswell.. be dangerous enough though?

inchicore would be great and everything but i'd have to move in with people i dont know, i'd prefer to know someone and be in a house with students rather than professionals who have to go to work every morning and not appreciate me coming home drunk with some young one from copper face **** the odd night at 3am lol

rob88 wrote: »
    ya i'd consider cycling aswell.. be dangerous enough though?

inchicore would be great and everything but i'd have to move in with people i dont know, i'd prefer to know someone and be in a house with students rather than professionals who have to go to work every morning and not appreciate me coming home drunk with some young one from copper face **** the odd night at 3am lol

Plenty of students living in Inchicore, work there myself and the amount that to be in the shop all the time.

ya they are actually well priced places for house sharing aswell in inchicore.. now to convince someone to let me stay till the end of may ha

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ellegee

Whatever you do don't put your life at the mercy of the 18 bus (or "alleged bus" as I prefer to call it). It's wildly unreliable. I live in Ballyfermot myself and even though it is a direct bus to work I skip it and get a bus into town and another bus, or walk, from there.

Smithfield is on a direct bus route to Ballyfermot, but I would have thought it was a bit pricy. Ballyfermot itself or Inchicore should be much more reasonable.

yea lookin at a house share in inchicore at the moment

Advertisement