Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvercrest SL 65 Vs SL 65T ?

• 02-12-2010 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and would like to ask a question. I have just purchased a Silvercrest Freesat system SL 65 from Lidl.
    I was checking online to see other peoples experiences of this system and I noticed that all correspondence referred to the SL 65 T system.
    I have been unable to find out the difference between these two systems
    Can anybody help me out and what do people think of this freesat system.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Difference is "T" like terrestrial ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Redneckrover

Thanks Joker, I'm new to this game so I dont know a lot about these freeview satellite systems. !
    Does that mean that the SL 65T version is limited is limited in the channels which it can pick up?
    I thought "terrestrial" referred to non satellite channels . ??

First sl65 is for satellite only,with "t" is for terrestrial only,so only free to air from sky(sl65) or land(sl65t)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They are both awkward and obsolete. The SL65T doesn't work here.

• Advertisement

Hmmm not everyone need dm8000 for some people sl65 in enough.

I was hoping to use the SL 65 to pick up some English language stations in France, I have been told that this receiver is suitable for this purpose when aligned to the Astra satellite, Has anyone any experience of using it is France or Spain ?

Well in Spain no problem as well not supose any in France because astra28 degree is avialable up to Ukraine with 80-90cm dish.

Advertisement