Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CF Memory Card Error

• 02-12-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I was shooting earlier, and just before I was swapping my cards one of my CFs went out on me - basically, it now it wont shoot, or let me view the screen details and when I try to shoot I get "CF Error" coming up on my viewfinder, new enough card too, only 2 months old if even. Anybody any info on if I could fix it, or if I could recover the images (As my card reader is broken I've to hook up to my computer to get the images through the camera, using the Canon software). I'm using a 400D.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I've the best photos from the mass in it, and I need them for school for a project.

Cheers,
    Cillian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Can you buy a new card reader in Tesco's or somewhere local and then download recovery software free from the web. http://www.piriform.com/recuva
    Do your other CF cards work ok in the camera ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

If you are lucky, it is just the FAT that is corrupted and you may be able to recover the photos using recovery software - I have yet to find any that are free, and the trial versions usually only show thumbnails or overwrite images with obtrusive watermarks.

I use a registered version of Photo Rescue $29

A quick search shows others e.g. Flash Recovery, DeleteFIX Photo.
    See here http://www.tech-pro.net/how-to-recover-photos.html

One of the menu options on your camera should be to format the card, which may make it usable again.
    Don't try this until you have recovered your pics!

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Other cards work, I have recovery softare from when I had to recover a friend harddrive before, so I'll pick up a new card reader over the weekend and (Hopefully) get the images back, and hopefully I can get the card working again.

If its any use, before it crashed on my one of the images had an error saying Curropted Image, and then a few images later I got another error on one and can't remember what it said though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Try your recovery software for the pics, I hope it works for you.

Advertisement