Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosions In The Sky

Options
  • 02-12-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Been announced with a while but didn't see any other thred. They're playing Vicar St on the 16th of May.

Delighted this one falls after my summer exams as I'm missing Arcade Fire due to my christmas exams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

So far it's the first gig on the tour so we could be the first to see songs from the new album live :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

sweet. I'll head to that. I saw them years ago in the High Stool in Limerick. An amazing gig....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 danrah

Morf wrote: »
    I'll be there.

+1.

It's gonna be sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Have to go to this. Any idea on who's supporting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Most likely will be in the middle of a cluster-**** of exams for me :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

AdMMM wrote: »
    Most likely will be in the middle of a cluster-**** of exams for me :/

****. Never thought of that. I'll probably have to miss it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Wooooo! Just bought my ticket. They were let down by the acoustics in Tripod last time, hopefully Vicar Street will do them more justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

You reckon? I would say Tripod's the best venue in Dublin for sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Realised that my exams are over two days beforehand so bought two tickets :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You reckon? I would say Tripod's the best venue in Dublin for sound.

I disagree. If you're in front of the speakers it's nice and loud but if you're not lucky enough to have one right beside your ear it's pretty blah. Maybe it's just me, I love my noise bands so I think gigs are never loud enough. With the exception, maybe, of My Bloody Valentine the times I've seen them! :p

The sound at Explosions in Tripod last time wasn't the best in my opinion anyway. Hopefully Vicar Street will be more to my liking!

cosmic wrote: »
    I disagree. If you're in front of the speakers it's nice and loud but if you're not lucky enough to have one right beside your ear it's pretty blah. Maybe it's just me, I love my noise bands so I think gigs are never loud enough. With the exception, maybe, of My Bloody Valentine the times I've seen them! :p

The sound at Explosions in Tripod last time wasn't the best in my opinion anyway. Hopefully Vicar Street will be more to my liking!

I thought EITS with Eluvium in Tripod was a fantastic gig. I have no complaints.

I have my ticket. New album ordered. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

just listened to it. Got ticket. Looking forward to it.
    Saw them years ago in Limerick. It was a savage gig...

Advertisement