Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New build - slight sound problem

• 02-12-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I've just completed a new build and everything is going fine apart from one rather irritating problem with the sound. I can hear sound no problem. Unfortunately, each time I restart the computer (I'm still in the process of installing programs from my old PC, so that means restarting quite often) I'm prompted on numerous occasions to install audio device on high definition bus. I did a bit of searching and it looks like this is a realtek driver. I've installed this since yet each time I switch on the PC it detects the HD Audio device hardware and prompts me numerous times to run through the windows install wizard. Actually, it must be 4 times because I have 4 instances on my device manager.

Come to think of it, I have already installed the sound driver that came with the mobo (Asus P7H55) driver disk. This was a VIA HD Audio Adeck (not realtek), which is leaving me mightily confused.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Are the chipset drivers installed from disk or latest from the net?
    What gfx card you got as it could be the hd audio from that,again drivers upto date?

Also goto Asus webby and try there realtek drivers for your board.At least this well tell you if its meant to be realtek or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

game4it70 wrote: »
    Are the chipset drivers installed from disk or latest from the net?
    What gfx card you got as it could be the hd audio from that,again drivers upto date?

Also goto Asus webby and try there realtek drivers for your board.At least this well tell you if its meant to be realtek or not.

All drivers I've installed are those supplied with the components. The gpu is a GTX 460. Finally, as far as I can determine, this is a known problem - it's just that the solutions don't work for everybody, me included. I'm going back to install older VIA drivers. (I've found out that the Realtek thing was a bit of a red herring and I should stick with VIA.)

Advertisement