Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last of the snow?

• 02-12-2010 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

So... do you think we've had all we're getting? Or is there still more on the way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Go and have a look at the weather forum. Looks like a lot of something coming in the morning - debatable still as to whether it will be snow, sleet, or freezing rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I reckon its the end of it alright, think the front coming in from the Northwest will be sleet/rain by the time it hits Waterford

Although its early in the winter still, could be more snowfalls over the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Heavy snow expected imminently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Raining in Tramore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

looksee wrote: »
    Raining in Tramore.

!!! Thats worse than the snow!!! Just heard on radio it started raining
    in Cork City earlier on & it turned to ice in no time!! There have been lots of accidents as a result. I'd rather snow'n'slush to an ice rink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Ye dont want rain, 10 times worse than snow it will freeze the miniute it hits the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Like the 2 litres of milk that I found at my front door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's been raining out in Kilmac/Stradbally but hasn't turned to ice yet. It'll be lethal tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah it's meant to be freezing rain today for a while and maybe back to snow later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Its not gonna stop me going out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thawed out quite a bit so far, it'll freeze again tonigh though so the roads will be very slippy.

The main thaw would be today after that im afraid its bad news again, getting verry cold from next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Bards wrote: »

That would be very good news. Let's hope it proves true. It probbaly will if both of those sites have the temperature going up from Friday morning until Saturday night. They don't usually get stuff that wrong!

It would at least thaw out the majority of what fell and hopefully give it enough time to dry out a bit before freezing conditions set in again.

yes, I've been looking at these two site all week and they were predicting rain today and temps of about 4C since Wednesday while Met Eireann was predicting snow and freezing temps

Bards wrote: »

Lads pay no attention to both of these sites they are computer generated and have no human input very unreliable, go to this thread on boards updated every day by MT and are very reliable http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=118

TONIGHT will see most of this precip ending, with some light snow or sleet persisting, with fog patches becoming quite dense in some areas, cold with lows dropping back to -4 or -6 C inland, -2 C coastal areas. Winds near the west coast will become NNW 20-30 mph, and somewhat weaker northerly elsewhere.

Lads pay no attention to both of these sites they are computer generated and have no human input very unreliable, go to this thread on boards updated every day by MT and are very reliable http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=118

TONIGHT will see most of this precip ending, with some light snow or sleet persisting, with fog patches becoming quite dense in some areas, cold with lows dropping back to -4 or -6 C inland, -2 C coastal areas. Winds near the west coast will become NNW 20-30 mph, and somewhat weaker northerly elsewhere.

No frost on the cars last night , so it looks like the computer models were correct - Thaw continuing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

The costal thing is true. While there is a thaw here, I went to Carlow today and it still looks like it was here before it started raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I cant wait for all this snow to melt,it was nice at first,but now its just annoying,its no fun when your working at 6am and you have to get up 20 minutes earlier to clean your car from snow and ice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Top tip, buy a tarpaulin and drap it over the front end of your car. If its a clear night it'll stop icing, if it snows you can remove it all with one careful "pull".

• Advertisement
Advertisement