Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a prepaid credit card

Options
  • 03-12-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

So far I read about Ruby Card prepaid mastercards and Visa 3V vouchers. To get a ruby card, I need to use my debit card but I noticed these 3V vouchers require me to pay at payzone outlets. I have no idea what payzone outlets are but I've seen the sign for them everywhere. How do they work, do I just setup an account with them then give them cash to make transactions for me?

I like the sound of these 3V vouchers more because I'm a paranoid bastard and don't wanna even type my debit card number into a form field. On 3v.ie they say you can buy 3V vouchers from any payzone outlet. Does that mean I just walk into a payzone, give them the money and they give the card or do I need to provide ID, proof of address and setup an account with them etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All the information you need is on the 3V website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No you just walk in and hand the person the money like toping up and they put it on your card and give you a receipt.

It any shop that has a bright pink top up machine or a payzone sign in the window. A lot of spars do it.

It costs about €5 to put 100 euro on the card.

Advertisement