Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbery Fail

• 03-12-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/in-brief/1735-robber-bought-sandwich-after-raid

Two Polish brothers who attempted to rob a petrol station on the outskirts of Claremorris – one brandishing a knife – have appeared before the local district court. Martyn and Rafal Justa of The Cottage, Brookhill, Claremorris, pleaded guilty to the offence. Entering the plea, Mr. Michael Keane, solicitor for the defendants, said there was 'an unusual set of circumstances' surrounding the case. Superintendent Padraic O'Toole told the court the two men entered the Vivo Petrol Station on the N17 at approximately 7.30 a.m. on August 22.
    They were wearing tights over their heads and Rafal was carrying a kitchen knife.
    They demanded money from the cashier but he refused to give them anything.
    The men took the tights off their heads and put the knife down on the counter. One of the brothers purchased a sandwich before they left.
    Mr. Keane told the court the brothers – both of whom are in their 20s - live with their parents in Claremorris.
    His clients told him they acted like 'clowns' on the day and described the act as a 'prank'.
    A medical certificate pertaining to Martyn Justa was handed into court. Taking the contents of the certificate into account, Judge John Coughlan applied the probation act in relation to the attempted robbery charge against Martyn Justa.
    Rafal Justa was sentenced to five months in prison for attempted robbery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

And????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I've never felt the need to use this till now. I apologise to everyone else in advance but:

Cool story bro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

They were talking about that on The Panel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

bigtuna wrote: »
    One of the brothers purchased a sandwich before they left.

Must of been hungry

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Unless theirs a video, I couldnt give a shit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Something to discuss?

Here you go:

Damn Poles coming here, eating Irish swans, taking Irish jobs, recently sponging Welfare System as well - now they even attempted to rob Irish petrol stations!!!! Disgraceful! Send them back to Poland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

They were wearing tights over their heads and Rafal was carrying a kitchen knife.
    The men took the tights off their heads and put the knife down on the counter. One of the brothers purchased a sandwich before they left

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What did he purchase....a Swan Sandwich????

omgrofllmaolololol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Will someone please think of the poor swans:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I bet if they were Irish they wouldn't have paid for that sandwich!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Will someone please think of the poor swans:(
    What swans??? :eek:

/wipes mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    Here you go:

Damn Poles coming here, eating Irish swans, taking Irish jobs, recently sponging Welfare System as well - now they even attempted to rob Irish petrol stations!!!! Disgraceful! Send them back to Poland!

Never thought of eating swans ... wonders what they taste like...no disrespect to Aodh, Fiachra, Fionnuala or Conn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I would rob a petrol station
    I would be a big sensation
    Think of all the money I'd gain
    .... if I only had a brain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

And the moral of the story is;
    bigtuna wrote: »
    http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/in-brief/1735-robber-bought-sandwich-after-raid

Two Polish brothers who attempted to rob a petrol station on the outskirts of Claremorris – one brandishing a knife – have appeared before the local district court. Martyn and Rafal Justa of The Cottage, Brookhill, Claremorris, pleaded guilty to the offence. Entering the plea, Mr. Michael Keane, solicitor for the defendants, said there was 'an unusual set of circumstances' surrounding the case. Superintendent Padraic O'Toole told the court the two men entered the Vivo Petrol Station on the N17 at approximately 7.30 a.m. on August 22.
    The men took the tights off their heads and put the knife down on the counter. One of the brothers purchased a sandwich before they left.
    Mr. Keane told the court the brothers – both of whom are in their 20s - live with their parents in Claremorris.
    His clients told him they acted like 'clowns' on the day and described the act as a 'prank'.
    A medical certificate pertaining to Martyn Justa was handed into court. Taking the contents of the certificate into account, Judge John Coughlan applied the probation act in relation to the attempted robbery charge against Martyn Justa.
    Rafal Justa was sentenced to five months in prison for attempted robbery.

God, aren't I such a genius ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

And the moral of the story is;

God, aren't I such a genius ...

I hate that song with a passion. The N17 is a shit road. I hate it, but I have to drive it quite a bit.

The road reminds me of the song & the song reminds me of the road & I hate them both.

HATE, HATE, HATE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I hate that song with a passion. The N17 is a shit road. I hate it, but I have to drive it quite a bit.

The road reminds me of the song & the song reminds me of the road & I hate them both.

HATE, HATE, HATE!!!

Oh noes!

Whatever you do don't read my sig!

DON'T READ IT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

HATE, HATE, HATE!!!

I wish I was on the N17 stone walls and the grass is green.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The road reminds me of the song & the song reminds me of the road

Really? In what way?

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Really? In what way?

I'm guessing in a bad way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

ronaneire wrote: »
    Must of been hungry

No, they were Polish.