Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom dynamic ip lease

• 03-12-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey,

Just out of interest, does anyone know how often an eircom home broadband ip address changes? It would apear to me to be quite often.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If your router is left on continuously, its once a day I think, at 1am. Dont hold me to that though. ;)

Edit; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056092754 <--- Same question asked here and plenty of answers

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

Thanks for the reply.

Haven't really kept much of an eye on it before, but its changing a lot :

22:12
    22:36
    23:04
    23:33

Like the other thread suggests it could be an issue with the line, maybe caused by the current bad weather. Have noticed the connection drop and reestablish quite frequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sounds like your connection is dropping right? That isnt really anything to do with IP renewing then, more like a problem with your connection.

Post your line stats from the router page, 192.168.1.254 in your address bar, expert mode then statistics. You should see SNR margin and line attenuation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

nuxxx wrote: »
    If your router is left on continuously, its once a day I think, at 1am. Dont hold me to that though. ;)

Edit; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056092754 <--- Same question asked here and plenty of answers

It's interesting that you (and others) are saying that it changes every night. Mine does not do this, in fact I've had the same IP for almost a month before if memory serves. This isn't usual as generally the connection flaps every 3-5 days but checking the logs on the router I don't see any IP changes that aren't following a connection drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Similar to me,sometimes i have 2 week one ip,soultion if you have service or something online is Dyndns service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement