Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Six, Dublin... SNOW

Options
  • 03-12-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey,
    Im currently busting my ass to get a work shift swapped
    due the the fact that iv stupidly been rostered in till 9
    on Saturday night to get to the gig....
    But hey, do you reckon with the weather at the moment
    do ya reckon its even gonna go ahead?????????
    Like even flights and stuff are being shut down!??

Anyone any insider info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Most MCD gigs are going ahead this week.

I wouldn't bank on it being cancelled at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well it could end up being cancelled, but I feel the big freeze has caused much less in the way of casualties for touring acts compared to the Iceland volcano... whatever it was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm sure MCD would have announced it at this stage if it was cancelled. Gonna be a great gig! was there last year and it was one of the most fun gigs i had been to. Tickets €20 and should be available at the door for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

A work night out has been cancelled which means I'm gonna go to electric 6 :D YAYYYY! :)

I went to the gig last year too and it was amazing. I think a girl from work might be going too! EEEKKK! So excited! Currently trying to get a guy from college to go. I wish he would wake up so I can pester him to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Electric Six are awesome live. This will be my 4th time seeing them, 3rd year in a row. Can't see it being cancelled, there's a thaw on and the airport is open as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

What did we all think?

Dick put on a very good show! :) Loved his little blood red, satiny look shirt! And he did well to keep his coat on for more than half the show with those spotlights! :)

The dancing was amazing, he really knows how to work the crowd. My only complaint is that they could have played for longer, but I always say that after a good gig. I hope I see them in town today! Dick Valentine is amazing!! <3

Edit: 1000th post :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What did we all think?

Dick put on a very good show! :) Loved his little blood red, satiny look shirt! And he did well to keep his coat on for more than half the show with those spotlights! :)

The dancing was amazing, he really knows how to work the crowd. My only complaint is that they could have played for longer, but I always say that after a good gig. I hope I see them in town today! Dick Valentine is amazing!! <3

Edit: 1000th post :cool:

Yeah they definitely could have played longer! Was only about 1:15...

New songs sounded great (Jam it in the hole being the highlight). Getting Jimmy Carter was nice too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My first time seeing them, dunno why never bothered last few years (shame on me!) Awesome gig, a real hair-down, have some fun and dance type of show. Jimmy Carter was sweet, and Dance Epidemic is just brilliant. Couldn't fault it, even though it may have been short it was still a lot of songs and wasn't too pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Don't stop believing in the middle of Improper Dancing was cool too ;)

Advertisement