Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It should be legal to bash a teenager

2»

Comments

A good slap won't phase alot of todays ruffians.
    Now pouring acid on his dads car, now thats one way to get him slapped to bits!!!! and LEGALLY.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I had an epic snowball fight with a load of random teenagers that ambushed me and the lads on the way home! All good fun, everyone ended up soaked freezing and laughing their ballox off.

Unless someone comes over and point blanks you I dont see much malice in it other than for sh!ts and shenanigans! In that case if someone wants to act the big man they should be prepared to recieve a slap off a big man.

I reckon there's just loads of people out there jealous because most of us over 20 will never be able to say "in my day we didn't...blah" as we only ever had one big snow!

I'm bitter that I'm not 16 and able to spend every evening out sculpting snow man sex scenes and massive snow willies.

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I'm bitter that I'm not 16 and able to spend every evening out sculpting snow man sex scenes and massive snow willies.

No need to be bitter, your brain is still 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

I'm thinking you buy a hoodie yourself and follow the ***** around for awhile, wait until they are alone and then one by one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

RoverJames wrote: »
    No, both of us aren't under that impression, I take it you can read ? I said "many", also I know full well he is only having a rant, which the later part of my post covered. Many = All ;)
    Also I have not considered at all that the OP might actually be able to batter any and all teenagers and their whole families. That is 100% not possible and is an utterly daft statement to make, but is understandable coming from someone who does not comprehend the difference between many and all.

Allow me to clarify. The gist of your post appeared to imply that there is little or no possibility that a grown man would be capable of beating up a thirteen year old. I realise that you point out three different reasons why this might be the case and I agree but I think there is an element of scaremongering in this.

In my post, I was merely trying to point out that in many, if not most cases, a grown man would be well able to give a thirteen year old a good hiding. I did not mean for everything in the post, such as considering “that the OP might actually be able to batter any and all teenagers and their whole families”, literally. You’re right, this is daft, but was merely to point out that the OP may be well able to look after himself.

As for you acknowledging that the OP was just having a rant, you told him to chill out and then criticised him for fantasising about being a hard man. I pointed out that maybe he was blowing off some steam so that he could chill out. I didn't think it was necessary to accuse him of fantasising about being a hard man.

Allow me to clarify. The gist of your post appeared to imply that there is little or no possibility that a grown man would be capable of beating up a thirteen year old. I realise that you point out three different reasons why this might be the case and I agree but I think there is an element of scaremongering in this.

Thanks for the clarification, I suggest you have a peak at my post again as nowhere did I imply or mention that there was little or no possibility of a grown man being capable of beating up a 13 year old. One reason I mentioned was that many 13 year olds would be well able to look after themselves, the other two were a possible consequence of beating up a 13 year old.

Grown men who suggest (on the net or in real life) that 13 year olds need a good slapping from adults are sad.

It's really sad that you actually want to clarify looney comments you made about grown men beating up 13 year olds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

up the ra

sorry im an out of control teenager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

It should be legal to bash those that deserve a good bashing.

R0ot wrote: »
    It should be legal to bash those that deserve a good bashing.

you deserve an almighty bashing :P

• Advertisement

Thanks for the clarification, I suggest you have a peak at my post again as nowhere did I imply or mention that there was little or no possibility of a grown man being capable of beating up a 13 year old. One reason I mentioned was that many 13 year olds would be well able to look after themselves, the other two were a possible consequence of beating up a 13 year old.

Grown men who suggest (on the net or in real life) that 13 year olds need a good slapping from adults are sad.

It's really sad that you actually want to clarify looney comments you made about grown men beating up 13 year olds.

Jesus, I wasn't suggesting that it's right, just that there was an element of scaremongering in your post. I didn't mean to offend or upset you in any way, so there's no need for any of the personal insults.

Jesus, I wasn't suggesting that it's right, just that there was an element of scaremongering in your post. I didn't mean to offend or upset you in any way, so there's no need for any of the personal insults.

I'm neither upset nor offended, I don't think there is any scaremongering in my post, go out and try and beat up the next 13 year old that you see behaving anti socially, I bet €1000 that one of the following happens

- they kick the sh1t out of you
    - a sibling or their parent will kick the sh1t out of you
    - you'll be prosecuted

No scaremongering there old boy. If you reckon I have personally insulted you I apologise :) Not my intention.

I'm neither upset nor offended, I don't think there is any scaremongering in my post, go out and try and beat up the next 13 year old that you see behaving anti socially, I bet €1000 that one of the following happens

- they kick the sh1t out of you
    - a sibling or their parent will kick the sh1t out of you
    - you'll be prosecuted

No scaremongering there old boy. If you reckon I have personally insulted you I apologise :) Not my intention.

While you are right about these three possibilities, there's also the chance that someone (not me, I wouldn't do it) could give one of the thugs a smack where that thug is smaller/weaker than the adult (or big thug), none of his parents or siblings are around and he's unlikley to go running to the guards due to a distrust of them (I imagine a lot of them have had run ins with th guards). This doesn't make it right, but it's a possibility. There are people who've boasted on here about doing just this. Although I accept that they may be full of sh1t.

And by the way, I have fairly thick skin, but I was almost in tears when I thought you were suggesting that I couldn't read.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Remove the head or destroy the brain, it's the only way.

Advertisement