Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg

• 03-12-2010 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

I believe ComReg are the Government Agency who monitor and regulate Telecoms company's in Ireland, and they investigate consumer complaints involving ISP's and other comm's etc..
    Anyway I am planning to file a complaint against a certain cable ISP, and I was wondering has anyone here every went down this road and what was the outcome?:) Probably knowning the sheer contempt for peoples rights and good service in this State especially thesedsys! I probably will hear nothing back. But I'll give it a go anyway!:) As I know that in the UK Ofcom there regulator charge the ISP for there time and efforts for investigating complaints, which acts as an incentive for the ISP to come to a compremise with the consumer!:D There is also a ombudsman of Ireland, so I might give them a go too! The average Joe against the Company!;)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

billyboy01 wrote: »
    I believe ComReg are the Government Agency who monitor and regulate Telecoms company's in Ireland, and they investigate consumer complaints involving ISP's and other comm's etc..
    Anyway I am planning to file a complaint against a certain cable ISP, and I was wondering has anyone here every went down this road and what was the outcome?:) Probably knowning the sheer contempt for peoples rights and good service in this State especially thesedsys! I probably will hear nothing back. But I'll give it a go anyway!:) As I know that in the UK Ofcom there regulator charge the ISP for there time and efforts for investigating complaints, which acts as an incentive for the ISP to come to a compremise with the consumer!:D There is also a ombudsman of Ireland, so I might give them a go too! The average Joe against the Company!;)

There is a basic procedure to be followed as to making a formal complaint but I found the staff in Comreg took the matter seriously and I did get a response from the company concerned. Comreg also followed up to ensure that I had got a repsonse.

Comreg are not going to shut a company down or anything like that but in the interests of broadband customers it is important to follow these matters up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

dub45 wrote: »
    There is a basic procedure to be followed as to making a formal complaint but I found the staff in Comreg took the matter seriously and I did get a response from the company concerned. Comreg also followed up to ensure that I had got a repsonse.

Comreg are not going to shut a company down or anything like that but in the interests of broadband customers it is important to follow these matters up.

Well even if ComReg just bug them for a while it would be a bit of justice!;)

Moving my business to another ISP is probably the best justice!:)

Advertisement