Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were is the emulation sub section

Options
  • 03-12-2010 1:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

why no emu section for discussion of ps2 emulation etc.......to my knowledge this is as legal as a forum on modding........especially as it mainly about technical possibilities and you actually use bought ps2 games {well youre supposed to anyway.....}

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you wish to request a forum then take it over to the Sys category, specificially the Forum Requests forum. I can't imagine there'll be enough of a demand for such a forum, it seems more like a one-topic subject but I could be surprised :)

From what I can tell there is no reason why you can't discuss emulation on the respective platform's forum (Playstation, Nintendo, Sega, Xbox). Maybe even some of the older emulation stuff might go in Arcade & Retro :) You would have to watch your wording on stuff like ROMS though.

I can think of why discussion shouldn't really happen in here though, namely the fact it's got nothing to do with modding consoles :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

If you wish to request a forum then take it over to the Sys category, specificially the Forum Requests forum. I can't imagine there'll be enough of a demand for such a forum, it seems more like a one-topic subject but I could be surprised :)

From what I can tell there is no reason why you can't discuss emulation on the respective platform's forum (Playstation, Nintendo, Sega, Xbox). Maybe even some of the older emulation stuff might go in Arcade & Retro :) You would have to watch your wording on stuff like ROMS though.

I can think of why discussion shouldn't really happen in here though, namely the fact it's got nothing to do with modding consoles :D

Thanks 4 the reply tv....i thought modding would be the best place to ask cause it seemed like they were similar i belieaved you guys would know what i was talking about.....well ill see if this thread gets any replies saying that its a good idea........if it does ill request it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Arcade & Retro would seem a better match, though most folks over there are enthusiasts and own the actual hardware so there's no real need to discuss emulation as such. As TV said, there's no real demand for a dedicated forum on it, but nothing against discussing (legal) emulation either in an appropriate forum.

Advertisement