Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd semester modules :

Options
  • 03-12-2010 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Can we change them?? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Registration re-opens on the 6th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Any idea when labs/tutorials are assigned for sem 2 modules?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Conor108 wrote: »

Depends. Some are randomly assigned. Others you can pick. However its unlikely you'll get a slot if you want to move, generally only 1 or 2 places become available.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I think for Science based courses (which we're both in), they are randomly assigned a week or so before lectures start. Some of my friends, who are doing Arts, had a choice of tutorials/seminars, which would probably be better, in my opinion.

I want to find out what my timetable is like for Semester 2. I know there is a 'provisional' one on SISWeb, but that can change, and there are still labs and tutorials to be added to that!

I think for Science based courses (which we're both in)

Lurker:) You in omnibus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No Actuarial Maths, it's part of the School of Mathematical Sciences! We probably do some of the same modules - I think I read that you're in Intro to Programming 1, which I'm in (I'm coming across as bit of a stalker :P).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

No Actuarial Maths, it's part of the School of Mathematical Sciences! We probably do some of the same modules - I think I read that you're in Intro to Programming 1, which I'm in (I'm coming across as bit of a stalker :P).

Funny if your next post said you were both wearing the same clothes now :pac:

hahahaha yeah I am, I'm also probably failing that! Have no idea how to do this final assignment!

hahahaha yeah I am, I'm also probably failing that! Have no idea how to do this final assignment!

It's ridiculously complicated, a huge step up in difficulty from the last few. The past exam questions are weird enough. Maybe it's because they did Processing and Java in past years, whereas we're doing C++, but it's still odd the way our final exam is handwritten - it's a programming language, for crying out loud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

It's ridiculously complicated, a huge step up in difficulty from the last few. The past exam questions are weird enough. Maybe it's because they did Processing and Java in past years, whereas we're doing C++, but it's still odd the way our final exam is handwritten - it's a programming language, for crying out loud!!

Get used to it. If you ever do an interview for a Software Engineer related position you're expected to code on a whiteboard during an interview.

Wish we did C++. Intro to Programming wasn't as near as challenging as it should of been. Found that module boring.

Have you guys tried http://www.csi.ucd.ie/content/computer-science-support-centre for help?

• Advertisement
Advertisement