Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockler woodworking

Options
  • 03-12-2010 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Anybody know anywhere in dublin that sells good inexpensive jigs, clamps and some of the other cool stuff that rockler sell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Maybe McQuillans on capel street? Dunno though, I'd love to get a bunch of stuff from rockler but the shipping rates are crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 paul.

Ye they are a quality outlet alright. Dont suppose ye know wher to get a dovetail jig set around leinster??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

The router center in JFK do all the trend stuff, I have the old dovetail jig 300,limited in that it can cut basic dovetails,you need to buy and change plates for different size joints. They have a newer one out now, the 400, looks to be more like the Leigh,where you can adjust for different size and type of joint. Not cheap though.
    http://www.trend-uk.com/en/IE/product/DC400/3/1291/dovetailing_centre_400mm_.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 paul.

cheers tom, the leigh is fairly pricey..... Id love it but cant afford it:( right now anyway..... its definatly on my to get list.
    Anything a bit more inexpensive around to tie me over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

http://www.trend-uk.com/en/CZ/product/CDJ300_EURO/3/725/craft_dovetail_jig_300mm_euro_8mm_.html
    That one is cheaper,it's the one I have, the 300, does what it says on the tin, whatever one you choose it's still an investment,actually if you include all the different templates you'd need to cut any type of dovetail,it would probably be cheaper buying the leigh or trend 400.

• Advertisement
Advertisement