Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 iancw

Carlow is getting hit fairly bad again, Dublin people calm down, just read teletxt weather updates and yer not suppose to see any snow till nearly 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

iancw wrote: »
    Carlow is getting hit fairly bad again, Dublin people calm down, just read teletxt weather updates and yer not suppose to see any snow till nearly 1pm

fingers crossed then

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Saysha

Snowing in Enfield for last 20-30 mins. Nothing major, but it's steady enough. Cloudy all around, so no sign of it letting up for a while :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Don't think Met Eireann were wrong. Its just that the band broke up a bit just at the Dublin region...bit unlucky that way but looks like Kilkenny, Carlow, Laois and South kildare are getting plenty of snow from this.

Kilkenny got 1cm from 9.30 am onwards but has now turned to freezing rain here.

Dublin people calm down: ye had a foot of snow yesterday, nobody else got anything, ye'll survive for a few dry hours i'm sure. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snow just stopped north of here and seems to be sliding slightly north of east now.

Ah well i won't complain:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

North Co Dublin is getting it bad at the moment,,, probably the most amount since Tuesday night and its still falling heavily :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Coleraine looks like it got a big dumping though!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Dow99 wrote: »
    North Co Dublin is getting it bad at the moment,,, probably the most amount since Tuesday night and its still falling heavily :D

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Temp now up to +3 in Waterford and precip falling as rain. In Dublin temps are now at +1 and rising slowly so the precip showers expected early afternoon could fall as rain/sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Dublin people calm down: ye had a foot of snow yesterday, nobody else got anything, ye'll survive for a few dry hours i'm sure. :rolleyes:
    Dublin should get EVERYTHING though and the rest of the country should get nothing! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,584 ✭✭✭✭looksee

As a slight aside, though still on topic I hope, if you have anything breakable beside the house (garden furniture for example) you might want to move it, 'cos when all that stuff slides off the roofs its going to come with a mighty crash, gutters and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

it's coming down yery heavy now in kilkenny city

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Kilkenny got 1cm from 9.30 am onwards but has now turned to freezing rain here.

Yeh exactly, in south dublin myself and we were spolit rotten yesterday with the snow falling all day! Im happy with the foot of snow outside my door! I just hope it doesnt ,melt away too fast! Sure its not even midday yet and we'll prob get more snow later on...yesterday was an epic day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Snowing in arklow moderately

Looks to be heading slightly North on the radar, do you think anything will get as far as Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mal48

I am setting off to drive to Athgarvan via Newbridge. Has anyone any idea of road conditions, Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Snowing heavy now in Conary, temp -1.9 dp-9.1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

why was the weather in the WEST thread closed??

a lot of fog coming down here and i mean a lot if it freezes with the roads so wet it will be unreal bad to drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Nothing but blue skies up here in Finnstown... Fingers crossed, but I think we'll be disappointed today. :(

Yeah just a bit of fluff down in the village, doesn't really constitute a snowfall on reflection!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Nothing in Swords all morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I think it's safe to say that the stuff over Carlow/ Kilkenny is heading for Dublin??

We had been expecting Galway to deliver.... but I don't mind if the people of Kilkenny and Carlow do it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Where are you?

Balrothery 2 miles south of Balbriggan,,, still really heavy!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Dexysgirl wrote: »
    Very heavy snow falling for last hour in Birr, Offaly. If this is heading East.........................

I'd say Birr is freezin, is it? :pac:

I know, I know - comedy genius! Thank you all :pac::pac::pac:

Seriously though, I never thought I'd say this, but I don't want any more snow. It was a great novelty, a break from the norm for the past week - but I'm finished enjoying it now!

If everyone takes to the streets with hair-dryers in hand, I'm sure we can get it cleared up in no time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

mal48 wrote: »
    I am setting off to drive to Athgarvan via Newbridge. Has anyone any idea of road conditions, Thanks in advance

i live out athgarvan road - road is fine - take it easy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

mal48 wrote: »

Newbridge was fairly bad yesterday , it froze heavy last night and has not gone above freezing today but I would presume with not much snow yesterday most of the main road should now be clear .

Very very light snow falling at the moment but nothing to get you worried .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 timmy89

naughto wrote: »

a lot of fog coming down here and i mean a lot if it freezes with the roads so wet it will be unreal bad to drive

No idea why the west thread was closed! why would anyone close it? Yeah sh1t loads of foghere. Visibility down to 150m max. Bit of a thaw on too by the sounds of it. Its gonna be fun later when it freezes! Not

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

raining now :mad: it isn't melting any snow off the roofs around here though, 2.8 deg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Anyone see these?? The First Aviva and the dog on the tracks are cool!!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1203/snow_3dec_am_gallery.html

Still nothing in Phoenix park but most of the roads closed-chesterfield ave open but survey road, knockmaroon gate and Furry glen side of things all closed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

Whats it like in malahide>??

Any thaw after yesterday evenings deluge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

naughto wrote: »

I think one of the Mods said he/she wanted to keep the thread a national weather thread instead of having different threads for different areas, see the OP for this thead I think that's where I saw it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Monkaa wrote: »
    Yeh exactly, in south dublin myself and we were spolit rotten yesterday with the snow falling all day! Im happy with the foot of snow outside my door! I just hope it doesnt ,melt away too fast! Sure its not even midday yet and we'll prob get more snow later on...yesterday was an epic day!

If the forecast for next week continues, a foot will last until about christmas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement