Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Looks to be heading slightly North on the radar, do you think anything will get as far as Bray?

Latest Met radar suggests Wicklow Town and Bray may get a *bit.

*may be utterly disappointing.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

naughto wrote: »
    why was the weather in the WEST thread closed??

a lot of fog coming down here and i mean a lot if it freezes with the roads so wet it will be unreal bad to drive

I second that, don't see any reason why we cant have a West thread or maybe just a ABD thread Anyone But Dubs:D

moderate to heavy snow -Arklow
    air -0.7c
    dp is -3.6c

wet bulb -1.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

come on mods i want an answer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

If everyone takes to the streets with hair-dryers in hand, I'm sure we can get it cleared up in no time...

Global warming??!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

flanzer wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say that the stuff over Carlow/ Kilkenny is heading for Dublin??

Hardly..its breaking up as it crosses the country..No snow event today for Dublin me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Been coming down lighly but steadily in Dundalk now since 9am or so, and is lying.
    Thermo was at -2.4 there an hour ago but has gone out to -1.3 a few minutes ago. Looks like front is breaking up even as I type, but also looks like showers following behind.
    Fairly impressive covering here considering our lack of convective snow most of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

First few* flakes dropping in Wicklow Town.

*about 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

No snow out in west dublin last night or today :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Well this thread is now marked All Ireland so I'm guessing thats your answer...
    Was wondering myself earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

Snowing again in Gorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Whats it like in malahide>??

Any thaw after yesterday evenings deluge?

Very very slight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Spindle wrote: »
    Will there be any thaw in Cork to clear up the roads, looking for a window to get home before it freezes again?

well its 2 degrees now so it will be thawing, however slowly. if they're main roads mostly your using then you'd be ok id say. as i say that then though i heard the overpass for the magic rbout is closed and the south link in general just is not moving. gardai say they cant even count the amount of crashes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

4Sheets wrote: »
    flanzer wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say that the stuff over Carlow/ Kilkenny is heading for Dublin??

Hardly..its breaking up as it crosses the country..No snow event today for Dublin me thinks

Hardly ? We'll see about that the experts seem to disagree.It's due to snow heavy from midday in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

This thread is to be used for all parts of Ireland.

I dislike Regional Threads:D;)

Thats why the WEST thread was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

A very light fizzle starting here

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Solyad wrote: »
    Well this thread is now marked All Ireland so I'm guessing thats your answer...
    Was wondering myself earlier

I think it was felt that there would be better contributions in an all ireland thread, as everyone would post there rather than sticking to their specific threads. Anyway there are regional message boards which is really where threads like that belong.

timmy89 wrote: »
    Fcukin typical! We were all sick of hearing "moderate grauple in d15" and "where is my snow in lusk". Thats it Im leaving boards. That moderator just made me make my last post on here!

See ya later Timmy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Fcukin typical! We were all sick of hearing "moderate grauple in d15" and "where is my snow in lusk". Thats it Im leaving boards. That moderator just made me make my last post on here!

Sorry pal, but thats weather for ya!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Your answer was given on the very first page of the thread.

Its always been this way,

Please use this for discussion on the Big Freeze.

Will this front drop anything across the country? Or will it be too light.

This thread is to be used for all parts of Ireland.

I dislike Regional Threads:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Haha not our fault you guys have greatly offended the Snow Gods by voting for spastic gombeens like Healy-Rae/Lowry/Cowen/Cooper-Flynn, et al! Karma has a funny way of coming back to slap you on the ar*e! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Raining in Cork city and its freezing on the roads:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

So what we can't talk about where we live anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Why is the news weather forecast still predicting 5-10cm over most of the country...no snow event...Why dont they look at their own radar shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Will be utterly disappointing. That patch coming up from the SW will have to come over the Wicklow sponge mountains. Watch it dissipate before it gets to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Slight thaw in Lucan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

toys out of the pram :pac::pac::pac:

I agree with WC , I love seeing the bigger picture , regional threads would disjoint the forum.

Any way in Newbridge Co Kildare

Snowing moderately .

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Even if the threads were seperated to say leinster, munster, ulster, connaught most people will still read all threads. Say if the munster thread was saying nothing about snow etc. I would still have to check the other threads to see if anything was on the way from there to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

What are you giving out about !

Why do you want snow?

Haven't you got Enda Kenny. He normally provides enough white stuff.

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Was out getting messages. Cloudy, was a few flakes in the air on the way home. Looking at the radar I don't expect much though. Some of the cloud to the west seems to have taken a slight sw->ne track which might brush some of the stuff further west closer to here, but not sure.

Saw some lads clearing snow from the path in front of their house - they had almost exposed the ice underneath, and it was quite a thick layer, I'd say 1-2". Think it would be safer to leave the snow on top, at least it provides some traction!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement