Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Vain wrote: »
    Raining in Cork city and its freezing on the roads:eek:

@Vain, any idea what way the buses are running? Must make my way home from out by CIT and unsure whether or not to walk it. Am in heels! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

SW Cork 10 mins ago. Coast at sea level.
    Snow from last sunday still lying even after this mornings rain.
    Thaw on now though.
    Temp at a balmy 4.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

It's gotten really heavy here now. the wind must have changed because it cleareed for a bit but came back with a vengence!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Slight thaw in Lucan.
    Just as I say that, we get the first sprinkling of snow since yesterday evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

timmy89 wrote: »
    Fcukin typical! We were all sick of hearing "moderate grauple in d15" and "where is my snow in lusk". Thats it Im leaving boards. That moderator just made me make my last post on here!

Bye bye!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Bit of a thaw here now, the dripping begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

kakee wrote: »
    Even if the threads were seperated to say leinster, munster, ulster, connaught most people will still read all threads. Say if the munster thread was saying nothing about snow etc. I would still have to check the other threads to see if anything was on the way from there to us.

Well then people would have to constantly jump between threads if they were trying to track snow moving across the country. It works great the way it is...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Light but persistant snow the last 40 mins or so in Monasterevin -3 atm.
    We had no snow at all yesterday.

Wonder if we will see an thaw over the weekend or early into next week?

ME on rte said we would have a thaw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

We'll see about that the experts seem to disagree.It's due to snow heavy from midday in dublin

Look at raintoday, not much coming to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I can just about keep up with one thread, let alone one for every region!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

toys out of the pram :pac::pac::pac:

I agree with WC , I love seeing the bigger picture , regional threads would disjoint the forum.

Any way in Newbridge Co Kildare

Snowing moderately .

I personally like reginal threads. I liked the West thread because if I was interested in what was going on over there I could look and get it all in one place, not like 'Will there be snow in Lucan'.... 'snowing heavilly in Cork'.... 'Graupel in Mayo'.... 'whiteout in D4' etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Calibos wrote: »
    Will be utterly disappointing. That patch coming up from the SW will have to come over the Wicklow sponge mountains. Watch it dissipate before it gets to us.

Well it's snowing here now in Wicklow Town which has traditionally (with Bray) been the worst covered on the East Coast. Now it's only a wee bit but a nice wee flurry is happening - not really enough to accumulate much but it will stick on the already cold frozen ground.

Air Temp : 0.4c
    Dewpoint: -3.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

There is a thread for the west here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=177

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Snowing steadily here in Ardee all morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

newbridge getting a nice top up at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

kakee wrote: »
    Thats why the WEST thread was closed.

all ya hear on this thread is will it be safe to go in to town or will iget home ok.the west thread was just about the weather and not this crap of if the lusas is running or if certain shops will be open.there is more that just peope from dublin on this thead u know

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

well surely the most overrated front ever! (I speak for my location).

ist 2.2C here, water dripping from the icicles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Haven't you got Enda Kenny. He normally provides enough white stuff.

:D:D:D:D

Shíte was brown the last time i checked . .:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Kilkenny getting hit with some heavy snow for the past 4 or 5 hours. About 3 inches and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Citywest111

No snow here all morning in Roundwood Wicklow, thank God. Already 2 ft under. Getting grey now again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

it looks like the south east wont get the dumping that was first expected the front from the west seems to be breaking up before it gets to us can any snow experts tell us people from the south east if thats the end to the snow for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

The fluff is picking up a bit again in Lucan, looks like its starting to gather pace and turn into a snowfall...

It appears that closing the west thread has only caused everyone to fight about something thats not even related to the weather . :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

big shower in midlands at the moment heading for athlone/ mulingar looks to be building even though it tracks over snow fields

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

got a bit of snow here in kilkenny not as much as i thought we'd get seems it is all over. or am i wrong is there anymore to come

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Kilkenny getting hit with some heavy snow for the past 4 or 5 hours. About 3 inches and counting.

In south kilkenny we only got 1cm and now lots of rain . . .well ye deserve a bit more, ye didnt do well early in the week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

Fair fall of snow here in north Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kakee viewpost.gif
    Even if the threads were seperated to say leinster, munster, ulster, connaught most people will still read all threads. Say if the munster thread was saying nothing about snow etc. I would still have to check the other threads to see if anything was on the way from there to us.

Well then people would have to constantly jump between threads if they were trying to track snow moving across the country. It works great the way it is...

Thats what I was trying to say. I have no problem looking at all the other posts and hitting f5 button, actually I quite enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Honestly I am finding these threads too hard to keep up with, not in a position to keep refreshing every minute onto a new page, so when I check in every hour or so things have raced on ahead and i have to constantly go back to find the thread of a converstation to follow a joke, or responses to someones post. (to be clear, not complaining about the numbers on weather forum or even where the majority are posting from, thats a good thing!!)

Please mods, think of us boardsies in this position and let us have threads like regional ones etc where we at least can keep an eye on our locality! I am noticing a distinct lack of the regular posters, are they of simialr mind i wonder???, maybe not??

Many thanks
    Esk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

flickarius wrote: »
    Snowing steadily here in Ardee all morning. :)

Similar in Collon. Have Christmas with the Rat Pack on :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement